My Honda CBR250R Ownership Review

Thread Starter #33
[frustration][surprise] Bad News guys CBR Paid Service charges gone sky high from 750Rs to 1600Rs B...S , i had a word with head mech today and he told me this . Now only option left for me is to Service CBR all by myself and do major repairs only at SVC . So soon expect some DIY stuff for my CBR.

[frustration][surprise] Bad News guys CBR Paid Service charges gone sky high from 750Rs to 1600Rs B...S , i had a word with head mech today and he told me this . Now only option left for me is to Service CBR all by myself and do major repairs only at SVC . So soon expect some DIY stuff for my CBR.
Yep, as soon as the free service gets over, i too shift to DIY mode for my NS.
Generally, the four major things that need to be done at specific intervals, (and which u can do it yourself) are -
1) oil change
2) Oil filter change
3) Chain lube
4) Air filter clean/change

For me I can do the first three, but doing the fourth one myself is a big problem in my 200NS, since the Air filter is located under the fuel tank, and i don't have proper tools to open up the tank.. :(

Thread Starter #38
yeah rightly said. my touring needs would be satisfied by r15 only [;)]
Waaaaooo , great have fun with KTM and R15 .

Update On DIY:

Yesterday i tried to bleed front brakes and i messed it up completely. Now brakes feel more spongy has got worst than before [cry] . Any ways i will give it another try on next weekend .

Any idea what went wrong while bleeding ? i did following steps

1> Open Master Cylinder cap .

2> Fit an transparent tube to bleeder Nut on caliper .

3> Loose bleeder Nut and start pumping front brake .

4> Keep filling DOT4 oil into master cylinder as it get empty.

5> Once all air bubbles are flushed out , tighten the Nut , Fill correct level of DOT4 and remove the tube .

I tried above steps several time but all in vain , I need some advice from all tech gurus . [:)]

Thread Starter #39
it seems not many people have interest in reading this thread :p any ways i will keep it updated .

Last weekend me and my few buddies rode to Mahabaleshwar (250kms from Thane) . Ride was awesome did night ride from thane and came back home on Sunday. :P All went superb , bike performed very well and did 143 without a fuss. As soon as i entered in Parking of my Society i revved engine too hard then lost control of the bike and crashed on right side . Idicator and right clipon got damaged a bit but thank fully no major damage to any other plastic parts . Will post few pics once i get some time.

Hi Abhiwar,
Firstly the review is absolutely superb. Its a complete insight from a realistic cbr owner. Well, I am too planning on buying a new bike. Currently I am driving a Royal enfield 350 1998 model. I have own the bullet since 2006 and its my first bike as well. Its been now 7 yrs since I have been cruising on my bullet and now I feel maybe I should upgrade to a new new generation bike. I have done many small trips of 300/400kms and a two trips if almost 1400kms. I have had an ultimate pleasure of riding my cruiser.

There have been several times that my bike has broke down in middle of of literally isolated place with no scope of mechanics. Or for the matter of fact, mechanics that I can trust on letting them get their hands on my bullet.

After reading your review, I feel cbr250r is best suited for me as I ride in Mumbai city on regular basis (driving a royal enfield in traffic is a nightmare) and I also like to cruise around or go on long journeys.

What do you suggest? Or should I upgrade to a 500cc royal enfield? I have read mixed reviews on 500 classic and 500 thunderbird.

Strangely, I still love my bullet despite of its really high maintenance and all other list of of issues. I need to know, should I move on to a new generation bike?

Thread Starter #41
Hi Abhiwar,
Firstly the review is absolutely superb. ......
Strangely, I still love my bullet despite of its really high maintenance and all other list of of issues. I need to know, should I move on to a new generation bike?
Hey viz3rd thanks a lot for reading my review . I think you should upgrade to newer Gen Bikes may it be RE or Honda .

TB500 is awesome machine but reliability of RE is still questionable . If you like to cruise at three digits then go ahead with CBR 250R , plus it will give you more fun on corners and at high speeds than RE .

I just had a test drive of the Honda cbr250r today at chembur and, as expected the showroom people didn't maintain the bike even little but. It was in a total mess. But still i did get a feel of the power and comfort. Only thing that concerns me now is the posture. I'm more used to the straight back posture on my RE. I don't know if i would be able to adjust to the sports cruiser style.

BTW how long have you owned your cbr and what's the longest journey you had covered till now? You think the cbr can handle trips of upto 2500kms?

Also do u recommend abs or std?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
I just had a test drive of the Honda cbr250r today at chembur and, as expected the showroom people didn't maintain the bike even little but. It was in a total mess. But still i did get a feel of the power and comfort. Only thing that concerns me now is the posture. I'm more used to the straight back posture on my RE. I don't know if i would be able to adjust to the sports cruiser style.

BTW how long have you owned your cbr and what's the longest journey you had covered till now? You think the cbr can handle trips of upto 2500kms?

Also do u recommend abs or std?
So Far i've covered 18k kms in 1.9 years. Longest trip i did was Thane-Mt.abu-Thane and Thane-Udaipur-Thane . In both trips i covered over 800kms in single day . As far as i know CBR will handle Indian roads better than Bull any day , except for Ladakh region .

I will recommend ABS one but again its almost 8kgs heavy and costs almost 30k more :) . I've std version and so far i'vnt been to any accidents yet .

What is the ODO reading ? please do post some recent pictures
Was busy with work and did not managed to click much . Give me some time i will upload them soon .

So Far i've covered 18k kms in 1.9 years. Longest trip i did was Thane-Mt.abu-Thane and Thane-Udaipur-Thane . In both trips i covered over 800kms in single day . As far as i know CBR will handle Indian roads better than Bull any day , except for Ladakh region .

I will recommend ABS one but again its almost 8kgs heavy and costs almost 30k more :) . I've std version and so far i'vnt been to any accidents yet .
Thanks for the information and by coincidence, i recently came across someone who wants to sell his cbr 250r. Will check the ride and tell you soon.
Btw hoe heavy is cbr on on maintenance? I have never seen a service bill below Rs.1800 for my bull. It doesn't feel worthy sometimes...

Last edited:

Top Bottom