My Honda Brio UT EMT: Made for Me

Thread Starter #1
The Story Begins:
It was end of Feb when I sold my alto in Bangalore & moved to Delhi. Search for a new car started in beginning of march amid the speculations of price rise of diesel cars for about 80K in new budget.

Research of Diesel Ones:
I wanted a car with VFM, cheaper to maintain & good resale value. Swift VDI was filling all these criteria but waiting period of 22-24 weeks was too much. For Ritz VDI, neither me not my wife like the shape of it. Took a TD of Vista Quadrajet, loved the space and features in it, but my wife didn’t like indica name associated with it and its gear box. We decided to seek a third person's opinion for the gear shift and my brother in law joined us for another round of TD with some other dealer and unfortunately gear was getting struck for him too. We thought of giving Figo a try & went for its TD. Figo is real VFM hatch as with ABS, Airbags & alloys car was costing around 6.4. Features were good and loved its refined engine with low trubo lag. After doing some googling & reading reviews of figo owners that evening I decided to go for one and told my father of my plan.

Change in plan:
My father talked to a couple of his friends and given my low monthly usage everybody advised me to go for a patrol hatch as they are low on maintenance & price. I thought maybe they are right and I should look for some patrol hatch with good mileage. Again Swift VXI was topping in charts but price level of 5.5K for mid version & low fuel efficiency of 12-13 was turning me off. I was ready to go for an Alto K10/Santro but my wife was dead against them as we already had an Alto & my in-laws have Santro. Now, the race was between WagonR & I10.

Here comes the Honda Brio:
Negative in WagonR was its shape & in I10 was its low fuel efficiency. Meanwhile Honda started advertizing for Brio thought of giving it a try. Positives in it were Honda brand, Shape & promising fuel efficiency. Took its TD got amazed by its smooth engine but low seating & less visibility of road was issue with it, but finally decided to buy one. Now I have to decide the model of my brio and found that EMT & S(O)MT are value for money but S(O)MT was costing 1L more than EMT and EMT was having a waiting period of 1-2 months. Before I could have booked either of them got a call from one of the Honda dealer that he has an EMT model in Urban Titanium color coming tomorrow and the person who has booked it has now upgraded to S(O)MT model.

Delivery:
Decided take delivery on 27 March with auspicious navrataras going on. Did a PDI of the vehicle before the delivery.
[cheers]

Attachments

Naveen congrats for such a cute and lovely car, i wish i waited a little bit more while purchase of my i10.

Hi Naveen,

Welcome to The Automotive India and many congratulations for your UT Brio. Do post some more pictures of your ride along with the dealership experience.

Cheers.

Congrats excellent choice, for a petrol hatch brio is a good choice with a gem of an engine and honda reliability.

Congrats on your buy. The Brio has one of the best 1.2 litre petrol engine among all hatches in India (the other two are the Maruti K Series 1.2 and the i10 Kappa 1.2) and it being a Honda will give you a totally fuss free ownership experience. Please keep this thread posted with your ownership experience.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for Honda Brio. That colour enhances the prettiness of this car. Please upload more images and also share the ownership experience soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats for your new car. Can you post something about driving experiances particularly ride quality. And if you could provide details of cost break up and dealership experiances, as I am also considering EMT version.

Thread Starter #12
Things I miss in HOnda Brio EMT:

1) Though we have front power windows, driver can only open/close his side window :(
2) No power outlet (12 V)
3) No internally adjusted OVRMs
4) No rear parcel tray

Drive quality is good, I will advice you to take a TD.
It costed me 4,38,600 on road in delhi.

Things I miss in HOnda Brio EMT:

1) Though we have front power windows, driver can only open/close his side window :(
2) No power outlet (12 V)
3) No internally adjusted OVRMs
4) No rear parcel tray

Drive quality is good, I will advice you to take a TD.
It costed me 4,38,600 on road in delhi.
Naveen congrats and the colour is damn good why don't you put some pics please for us from all angles and interiors too .
Brio is car which gives you feeling of driving a sports coupe slick gear shifts and extremely light clutch and good space .

lxi.

Suspended
Congrats on the CAR THAT LOVES YOU BACK! :lol!:
I am also looking for a new car, Any problems in the car or any problems with the rear(Large glass, visible boot)?

Hi Naveen,
Congrats on your purchase. I too am looking to buy a Brio - was initially thinking of getting the SMT version but then realized that the EMT version is much more VFM. Could you possible post a picture of the steering wheel (and the interiors if possible)? I haven't been able to find pics and no dealer here in Bangalore has the EMT. I wanted to see how big the difference is aesthetically when compared to the SMT version. I know that the OVRMS and the door handles will loose the body colors. The chrome rings around the vents and the gear box will go as well; but I am most worried about losing that silver garnish on the steering wheel.
Regarding ICEing the car, I talked to different dealers and called up Honda customer care as well and they all claim that the warranty will become void even if no wires are cut in the process. Is that a real reason to worry? Anybody who has an opinion please chip in to answer this last part..
Thanks

Top Bottom