My HM Ambassador 6666 Renovation (Pics From Pg.9)

Thread Starter #301
[surprise] plastic and fibre ? Till now i havent heard about plastic bumpers .Will check about that.I planned to install a fibre one.Yeah i accept that chrome ll be a better choice for good looks ,but that rusting part is pushing me towards fibre ones.How plastic differs from fibre ones ? Also soon post ur amby s front view ,wanna see how the grill appers in the flesh .Thanks a lot for ur suggestions .
Hi Krishram,
I just meant that Fiber one only. I am not 100% sure on this new Grand model bumper, From my point of view it contains some but plastic parts in the center air duct area, So i meant it is combination of both.
I will post it as soon as possible.
One more thing to inform, Kindly add thermocol by yourself itself before taking it to the upholstery guys. Because that is the one arresting the sound and heat. yesterday only i have done that manually after removing the Mats. I pasted the Thermocol in the metal layer which is in between Passenger area and engine bay. Use proper bushes for the Tube and wire outlets.

ambylovers, currently i am restoring my mark 3 ambassador and i would like to fit beige coloured grand dashboard and steering wheel for my car. unfortunately it is not available in kerala. it would be extremely helpful for me if you could enquire and let me know if any dealers in coimbatore have them in stock.
Sure i will let you know. If you want to know more details, kindly call this Spare part shop.
Dhanam auto - 0422-23000123.

Hi ambylover ,
Thanks alot nanba.The thermocole work is already done nanba.Asked the mech about that and he told that work had already been done well .He himself did it so .Nanba,want to know whether chrome handle is available for door (outer handle)?

Hi,
Nice works!! Good to see Ambassador restorations like this [:)] A small doubt: Is the windshield glass different in new Ambassador models compared to Mark II, III etc...?
With regards,
Harikrishnan

Thread Starter #305
Hi,
Nice works!! Good to see Ambassador restorations like this [:)] A small doubt: Is the windshield glass different in new Ambassador models compared to Mark II, III etc...?
With regards,
Harikrishnan
Thanks Harikrishnan.
Nice question. I am not aware of that.
But hope it is the same.

Thanks Harikrishnan.
Nice question. I am not aware of that.
But hope it is the same.
Hi ambylovers, read your ambassador's restoration completely now and it was awesome especially after restoration results are great the car look brand new. and can i get some interior pics of your amby, waiting eagerly to see the pics.[:)]

Thread Starter #307
Hi ambylovers, read your ambassador's restoration completely now and it was awesome especially after restoration results are great the car look brand new. and can i get some interior pics of your amby, waiting eagerly to see the pics.[:)]
Thanks FordFiesta1.6,
I will post some latest interior images soon.

Thread Starter #309
Thanks Sir, can i get the Break Up cost for Your Ambassador's Restoration. And sir i need a small help from you regarding the threads I too want to edit my threads name may i know how to do it.[:)]
Hi FordFiesta1.6,
I dont have the bills, but i will get you the approximate cost as soon as possible.

Regarding the Editing the Thread Heading, it will done by moderators (350Z).
You can write a message to them with the new heading which you need for your Thread.

Hi FordFiesta1.6,
I dont have the bills, but i will get you the approximate cost as soon as possible.

Regarding the Editing the Thread Heading, it will done by moderators (350Z).
You can write a message to them with the new heading which you need for your Thread.
Thanks Ambylovers i just want to edit my swift's threads title this would really help me out. And eagerly waiting for the approx cost of the restoration and Interiors pics.

First of all let me congratulate you on your efforts and most important of all patience to restore this iconic beauty to her legacy !![clap] Your passion and love for your AMBY is reflected in the perfect finish of the paint job ! Just asking outta curiosity , didn't your amby come with a column mounted gear shifter ? MY dad's friend's 80' amby had that !

Thread Starter #314
First of all let me congratulate you on your efforts and most important of all patience to restore this iconic beauty to her legacy !![clap] Your passion and love for your AMBY is reflected in the perfect finish of the paint job ! Just asking outta curiosity , didn't your amby come with a column mounted gear shifter ? MY dad's friend's 80' amby had that !
Thanks akmalazim.
Mine is also the same Column mounted type only. I modified to the latest type.

@ superb restoration and effort. the ambassador is rocking man
Thanks Ambi.
Its great to see the nostalgic car lovers members count increasing.

Pls help me on this

HM Gurus pls suggest or advice.
Mine is a 1991 model BMC engine the company engine is not a straight fittment .it is in approx 80 to 75 degree inclined and i am planning to staright the engine at 90 degree and also plan to fit a Toyota/ 6 Speed gearbox .

is it possible

Top Bottom