My HM Ambassador 6666 Renovation (Pics From Pg.9)

Re: My HM Ambassador 6666

Hi Amby Lover, may i have your attention please!!!

Can you please share if you are maintaining Ambi in Bangalore, if so who are the mechs', it will be kind of you if you can share the same.

Thank you,
Akram

Thread Starter #18
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delayed reply from me...
@indiakram - I dont know the mechanic guys in bangalore. Once i went to BTM to a shed.They done a nice job for my Amby.And also in hosur there are some guys available.

@nkmaan73 : I didnt get your question.Kindly clarify ... Is it related to gear box.

Hi guys,
I have been out of action for some time..My Amby is in Workshop for almost 14 months..The guys working very very slowly.. But the work done was good.

I planned for tinkering and Painting.Also change of interiors almost.Now i need to check the budget also.[surprise]

Tinkering is done and waiting in the painting shop to get a good coat of White Dupont.

The flooring was not fully changed.
Runnning boards changed.
Wiper channel Changed.
Water channel done some work on it.
Dick area modified to new version with some customizations.
Gear box top has been changed to fit properly in the floor.
Bonnet and Dick gap modified.
Dick open like in latest cars
Customised dashboard - not interested in new Dashboards.

Pending :
Electricals check.
Koyas interiors.
AC fittings.

Here are some pictures of the current status.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20

Hi,
My uncle has done complete rework for his amby before 2 years.The current condition of the car is very nice.He weekly clean the car twice, Maintain it up to the mark.

All works done in Sulur near Coimbatore.
Some clicks.

Attachments

Thread Starter #21

Hi Varun,
The AC is the same one which was used before. I took it from Contessa before 2 years. The old Japan compressor.

Note : 14 months as of now..But as per my knowledge it will take another 40 days to correct it overall and take delivery.

Hi Ambylovers

Excellent and a different from the run of the mill threads. Congrats

Vintage, Rare, Classic, Awesome is what i can say about your & your uncles AMBYs

I personally feel that you are doing a great service not only to your AMBY passion but also this would add great value to our own Indian Heritage - Isnt it??

Because tell me honestly how many Real Indian Heritage Automobiles from the past have we Indians kept with us as a showcase from our past automotive great history?

When in a few years we will have our Indian market flooded with all the international brands then the Aam Junta will understahnd the importance of maintaining our heritage vehicles better

Hats off - you are doing a good job [:)]

Thread Starter #25

Thanks guys for your hearty replies..

@Ankx - In my native, there are many peoples sold Amby and FIAT padminis only because lack of mechanics/Tinkers..
They feel uncomforatble now a days to work on old cars. New cars are very easy to work on and also the amount they get.
Eventhough we pay them, they are not ready (Not everyone) to work on Old cars. My Tinker, a great guy really, who concluded that mine was the last Amby he gonna work.
Almost one year in Tinker workshop, he done a wonderfull job.But since he is getting old, he could not able to. No helpers also.

As of today, I am sitting 350 kms away from my Car which was in Paint workshop. I was calling him from 7AM, but never picked it up.

People who bear with this tensions only are still having the old ones.Done know what i do after 10 years [confused]..

HM need to come up like Royal Enfield.. I dont know why these people doesnt bring a new model or remodified Contessa.[frustration]

Thread Starter #26

Hi Guys,
Tha Painter finally attended my call this morning. He told some excuses which i was expecting already.
First coat of paint (Duco) has been done and some paste need to be finished. Once the paste work is perfect, then will go for another DUCO coat and final coat.

Thread Starter #27

The paste work was going in snails pace [anger].. Once its done, the second paint coat need to be finsihed.
I need to inspect before the final coat, whether it needs another paste work and Paint coat. Will post the images for the fisrt coat.

Thread Starter #28

Hi Guys,
I herewith attaching some of the images of the Car work done throughtout the year.

Thread Starter #29

Contiuation of images..
The last images were the mudguard based work.Even a small hole is patched.The water channel was neatly done at the bottom peace which comes near the Mudguard top.

It may look like a very small work, but it took several days.Dick peace of my vehicle is done by the tinker based on my input.It is not the ready made peace.

Top Bottom