My HM Ambassador 6666 Renovation (Pics From Pg.9)

Thread Starter #46
Re: My HM Ambassador 6666

Hi Guys,
The car returned from Tinker Workshop to the paint workshop again for the Duco coat and Dupont paint coat.
The journey was 25 kms from my place one way.Started the car and tried a ride with it, but could not able to cross even 100 meters.There was some problem in fuel tank.So we planned to pull from another Amby.
We Tied it up and it was nice to be in a wooden box (driver seat), with no doors,no brakes..I am very happy to be in driver seat after a long time in my Ambassador.
Fittings done for Dashboard and Console.I am very happy of the design. The entire interiors will look catchy only after all the work inside. Now am attaching some of the images.

Attachments

Nice Job Amby Lovers, The console and the Dashboard will look awesome im Sure !

Just out of curiosity -

Are you planning for your centre console to look something like this ? (Im unable to highlight or crop the centre console for some reason)

IF Yes , then paint the black part to Wooden/Faux wood, it will add more ambience

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49

Fantastic RPM2500... Really superb judgement...

I was going through the BMW's and AUDI kind of thing (Not with their controls).. That is center part of console need to be straight. Tinker took my input and gave the output a nice one.

Can you update the wooden/Faux cost and where to do this.

I am having 2 options.
1.Rexin or leather.
2.Rexin with Wooden paintings.

Initially i planned for a seat height level console setup.. At this time we cant judge the seat positions, so only went with this height and set up.

Last edited:

Fantastic RPM2500... Really superb judgement...

I was going through the BMW's and AUDI kind of thing (Not with their controls).. That is center part of console need to be straight. Tinker took my input and gave the output a nice one.
Trust me i love that center console , never thought some one would actually do it. I had previously planned to do this on my car with Fibre but the painter gave me an idea of doing it with metal (he was a metal expert that's why.) However i opted out of it as Vitamin M was an issue [cry]

1.Rexin or leather.
If you have the money : LEATHER any day !

For Leather you have two options -

(1st Option) STANLEY'S - Should cost you somewhere between 28k-35k, this is by average of all the prices of work i have seen for a normal car.
For your car since you are customizing it you will have to check with them personally

(2nd Option) Karlsons - Karsons also is a premium leather upholstery bran second im quality to Stanley, they do a fantastic job too and a little cheaper than stanley too
This i guess is only available in Bangalore, however you can check this link and contact numbers for more info

Link - https://www.facebook.com/Karlssonleather

Tel - +918025216394

e-mail - contact@karlssonleather.in

If your going for rexin then do it at a good place and make sure to ask the dealer/shopkeeper to show you samples/pics of his previous work on other cars

It will also work out cheaper

2.Rexin with Wooden paintings.
You can check my ownership review link on painting of dashboard to faux Wood

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...my-maruti-suzuki-esteem-ownership-review.html

I do know a person who does it in Bangalore, no idea in Coimbatore

If it all your amby parts were of plastic i would have advised you to courier it to me and would have got it done..... but from pics i see its all fixed so you will have to do it somewhere in Coimbatore itself

If your painter is creative and has lot of patience ask him to try it out,my painter did it for the first time and the finish is just SUPERB !

Hope it helps !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51

Interiors, i planned for Koyas..One of the best designers.
For Leather, I will check it once and update the cost exactly.

Interiors, i planned for Koyas..One of the best designers.
For Leather, I will check it once and update the cost exactly.
Are there any Koyas dealers/ branches at Bangalore..

Also please let me know how much they charge for changing the seat's design, covers etc. Also how many days will they take to finish the job..

Are there any Koyas dealers/ branches at Bangalore..

Also please let me know how much they charge for changing the seat's design, covers etc. Also how many days will they take to finish the job..
Would like to know this too !

@ambylovers - Thought this will be of interest to you

Pictures taken from FB DC Design

Attachments

Above DC AMby,is it having a longer wheelbase or is it only me ?
I too felt the same, but i guess the modified bumper,sticker and alloys together are giving that illusion

Thread Starter #56

Wow....What a design...The wheel base is longer i think..Note the Door glasses and length of it..
Fantastic post of images RPM2500...

@ Varun : Koyas charge around 30000 to 35000 INR for interiors. I think there is no Koyas branches or dealers in bangalore.
Rexins to metals.
Floor mats.
Front 2 Bucket seats.
Rear Seats.
Door Pads.
Door handle designs.
Upholstery.
Steering cover.

We need to select the designs in the available catalog.With in 4 days they will call you to get your vehicle.Then 2 days fittings. So with in a week , you can get the car done.
But if you want to design the dashboard and Console, it will take more than 2 weeks.It is of separate cost.

Last edited:

I just need the front bucket seats or modify my present front seats. So can you please tell me the price if possible..

Thread Starter #58

@ Varun :Front 2 bucket seats with new frames - Around 15000 INR in Koyas.
Local Seat Makers Cost you around 10000 INR.

If you have bucket seats in front, They can work in your old Seat frames itself.Only Foam they will design.I dont know exact price of modifying this Old Bucket seats.May be around 10 to 12K.

Thread Starter #59

I have told my painter to look for the wooden paints in a shop. will update the status of this wooden panel painting.
There was a oval kind of metal piece in the dashboard top. Even that peace need to be painted in Wooden. But need to check this, since that part will be in direct sunlight...So if we use wooden paint, there might be a chance of getting faded.

Will confirm this and update.

Attachments

Last edited:

I have told my painter to look for the wooden paints in a shop. will update the status of this wooden panel painting.
There was a oval kind of metal piece in the dashboard top. Even that peace need to be painted in Wooden. But need to check this, since that part will be in direct sunlight...So if we use wooden paint, there might be a chance of getting faded.

Will confirm this and update.
@Ambylovers there is no such thing as wooden paint, it is the paint color creatively used thats all

For the oval part you can buy the anti slip mats, cut them to the very shape of your depression in the dashboard will look neat and will be of great utility (keeping phones keys etc.)

Done the same on my car, ill post pics if i have them

Top Bottom