My HM Ambassador 6666 Renovation (Pics From Pg.9)

Thread Starter #316
Pls help me on this

HM Gurus pls suggest or advice.
Mine is a 1991 model BMC engine the company engine is not a straight fittment .it is in approx 80 to 75 degree inclined and i am planning to staright the engine at 90 degree and also plan to fit a Toyota/ 6 Speed gearbox .

is it possible
I have seen some Ambassador with Toyota engines with Toyota gear box. But i am not sure about how much exact alteration needed to fit the Toyota 6 speed to BMC engine.
Kindly post some of your engine bay photos which may help.

Hi ambylovers, read your ambassador's restoration completely now and it was awesome especially after restoration results are great the car look brand new. and can i get some interior pics of your amby, waiting eagerly to see the pics.[:)]
Following were some of the interior images for your reference.

Attachments

The interiors look great. What is the use of the switches at the right of the steering near the heater? Is the dashboard a customized unit? Did you add power steering?

@Ambylovers, great interiors, compliments to the fabricator, I can see a key hole on the right next to the heater, as well as a keyed switch near the gear lever, what are these, sorry for the noob questions.

Regards

Vinod

Thread Starter #319
The interiors look great. What is the use of the switches at the right of the steering near the heater? Is the dashboard a customized unit? Did you add power steering?
Thanks Harikrishnan. Switches are for Headlamps, Audio player , Fog lamps , Horn etc.,
Dashboard is customized one for sure and Power steering is present.

@Ambylovers, great interiors, compliments to the fabricator, I can see a key hole on the right next to the heater, as well as a keyed switch near the gear lever, what are these, sorry for the noob questions.

Regards

Vinod
Hi Nanofreak,
Key hole to Right side of the Dashboard is to crank the car and the one near the gear lever is for AC.
While switching to AC, first we need to turn the key and then the AC switch.

This was set because, i will use the Electric manually when some times car is overheating. So at the time, i need to switch on these Keys, the condenser front fan will work without kicking in AC compressor.

Wow!Your Ambassador is one of a kind for sure.Loved the detailed execution of your car.The beige interior is a beauty.
I wonder that why did Hindustan motors stopped the production? If they updated the car,it would have been sold in huge numbers.

Thanks Harikrishnan. Switches are for Headlamps, Audio player , Fog lamps , Horn etc.,
Dashboard is customized one for sure and Power steering is present.
Thanks for your reply. Our Ambassador has the same switches placed in a different way. Did you enable auto-off indicators? How much the power steering and the dashboard costed you? Do you have the windshield washers installed? How much did it cost?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #322
Wow!Your Ambassador is one of a kind for sure.Loved the detailed execution of your car.The beige interior is a beauty.
I wonder that why did Hindustan motors stopped the production? If they updated the car,it would have been sold in huge numbers.
If Hindustan Motors would have retained the Contessa and Ambassador with good modifications, it would be great. But they haven't came up with any changes and not introduced any new models.

Companies came from outside India anchored well and they are way ahead of HM and FIAT.
Even after year 2000, they would have at least considered some new models.

Thanks for your reply. Our Ambassador has the same switches placed in a different way. Did you enable auto-off indicators? How much the power steering and the dashboard costed you? Do you have the windshield washers installed? How much did it cost?

Power steering it took around 25000 including the suspension change to bush type from bearing type.
Dashboard was around 6000 and console is around 2500.

I installed auto-off indicators, but its not working now. I not care much on auto off, since buzzer was there, i manually turn off. It all will not matters if main stuff like Body, paint, Engine, AC, Power steering, Alternator works fine.

All price were approximate only, i actually forgot the exact price.

Bro, i need your phone no or mail id. I have an ambassador of 92 model which is fitted with matador engine. I would like to change the engine, suspension and modify interiors. Need your help. Also if i do all these how to do paper works. How much should i spent approximately. Please let me know and help me bro. I'm a native of kanyakumari. Really feeling jealous about your car. Sry to say this [:D]. I don't have anyone to guide. Please guide me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #324
Bro, i need your phone no or mail id. I have an ambassador of 92 model which is fitted with matador engine. I would like to change the engine, suspension and modify interiors. Need your help. Also if i do all these how to do paper works. How much should i spent approximately. Please let me know and help me bro. I'm a native of kanyakumari. Really feeling jealous about your car. Sry to say this [:D]. I don't have anyone to guide. Please guide me.
Hi Geninvin,
I have sent you my contact through the TAI messenger. Kindly feel free to reach me for any help you need.
Note : Only if you put a new powertrain, you will get the Engine endorsement in the RC book. If not, then no endorsement.

Hi Geninvin,
I have sent you my contact through the TAI messenger. Kindly feel free to reach me for any help you need.
Note : Only if you put a new powertrain, you will get the Engine endorsement in the RC book. If not, then no endorsement.
Bro i haven't recieved any messages from you bro. Waiting for your message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #327
Hi all,
Last week, planned to sell my ambassador and told my friend who is a kind of dealer. Actually i could not able to maintain 4 cars properly, so thought of selling it.
A guy offered 2.6 Lakhs, but my father is asking some time to think. My heart says not to sell the car, but if i am not driving regularly then its not fair i believe.
Thinking still.

Thread Starter #328
Hi all,
Its been a long time since i updated this post. Actually i sold my ambassador car last year and the new owner is a very passionate about Amby. Gods grace he was very nice person and maintaining the car in a very good manner.
He painted and done some work inside out and following is current state of the car.

Attachments

Thread Starter #329
Hi,
Got a chance to see Qualis engine fitted Ambassador. Its a Kerala registered vehicle and its fantastic to see the engine fitted with some alterations.

Sad to see your amby sold, however music to ears to see it's glorified state as well.

In love with the interiors work done in your Ambi, the new buyer's got a gem! [lol]

Top Bottom