My Glistening Grey Maruti Suzuki Swift Reborn ZXi (2015) AKA Grey Beast

Thread Starter #61
I asked Mr.Deville bro , as a friend of mine had put in Goodyear Eagle F1 , and it suffered multiple punctures (Don't think its defective product ) , that's why I asked.
Also , sorry if am nagging too much , still had to ask - Will such sporty tyres(in 195/60/R15) profile sync with stock alloys (looks wise)

I asked Mr.Deville bro , as a friend of mine had put in Goodyear Eagle F1 , and it suffered multiple punctures (Don't think its defective product ) , that's why I asked.
Also , sorry if am nagging too much , still had to ask - Will such sporty tyres(in 195/60/R15) profile sync with stock alloys (looks wise)
Aren't you interested in Tyres from Continental (Ex: Continental MC5 195/R15 profile) ?.I have read few reviews on Michelin XM3 for swift in some other forum.
Thanks for the discussion on this topic,even i should change my swift tyres in few thousand kms. Keep us posted about your decision on tyres.

Thread Starter #63
Continentals are great set of rubbers , but the pricing is bit expensive , and thread pattern is normal one , not sporty .
Michelin too the same reason .
I will keep you posted as I update @Mr.Gnaveen sir.
Also , @Mr.Deville bro , I frequently go to nagarcoil and its interiors (I think , you got what I meant , the plight of the roads are pathetic ) , so if am using , Yoko's or Nankang's will it be an issue (Sidewall issues ?)

deville_56

Honoured Member
I have been shuttling between Trivandrum and Tirunelveli for past 3 years and I would say irrespective of tyre, I used to get punctures every alternate trip. Last trip had three of them. It was like nails all over the roads.

Low pressure can also make tyres susceptible to puncture.

Thread Starter #65
The last statement has given me the confidence and assurance [:)] to go ahead with Sporty rubbers.
What I do is , I always top up the Nitrogen to 33PSI before I go through that off road[frustration].
Thank you Mr.Deville bro , would update you once I change the tyres , as of now , I have exactly 40% of thread left on front tyres , so I think will go for another 5-10k km , but anyways I will change the tyres at 40-45k km , presently odo at 37.5k km

Thread Starter #66
Update - 37.5k km
A thud noise was coming from RHS wheel side . I suspected it as stabiliser arm (link arm ) .
My diagnosis was correct , but the issue was found with LHS side - that is RHS one was taking more load .

Part replaced , along with labour and tax - 665/-

Images I will upload overnight.

Thread Starter #68
Update - 37.6k km
Had filled nitrogen in all tyres , from a newly opened shop (Had given him twice before that ), had parked the car for overnight after the same , morning had woke up early , so as to travel to Thuckalay (temple visit-Kumaracoil) , morning , as usual , was cleaning the windshield , when I just went near the tyre side , quickly noticed , Driver side one to be deflated completely. Used Plan B , took friend's ride and completed the trip , and as I came back in the evening , with my friend's help , put on the spare wheel , and drove to one of my usual Tyre shop , near Pallichal (I hate that route now , due to bad road , and dusty conditions , but took the car there , as he is very much professional . He checked the tyre , for any punctures , which wasn't there , and culprit was , the Nitrogen top up , the guy had applied pressure on the release stem .(The projected dot like one , where the nozzle fits in ) . As I had an alignment at 38kkm , I asked him to do wheel balancing (last did from same shop at 28kkm) , he checked each tyre for neck issue , found 2 necks to be slightly corroded inside (Routine moisture conditions) , and all tyre had a difference of 1PSI , which he attributed to wrong filling . He balanced the wheels and ride was made ready . Alloys were found to have mild debris and grit (I think due to moisture and debris )- Inner side. Which he cleaned as possible as he can , but he adviced to paint.(He doesn't have paint shop , he is not moneyminded )

Update- Next day
Found in the morning , that one of the balance weights had come off (Sticker type -for alloys) , I dialled him , he told to bring , whenever I am free ,and took there evening , he inspected, and told , that either it might be his fault , due to using same cloth in wiping all rims , else he told it can be due to the grit . He rebalanced it , free of cost.

Update - Today
Found , the rear weights also to be off . I dialled him again , and he told , he's quite sure that , issue is with grit on rims , he told to paint.

Is it the issue guys ?
Also , is it worth doing a wheel balancing again at a different shop , at 38k km (Which will be clocked in a week ) ,or rather than spending again for balancing , is it high time that rims needs painting ? Also I travel a lot in bad roads , so is painting advisabale now , or any other alternatives for time being .(Antirust /WD40 spraying , and cleaning )- will it do any better effect.
TVM guys , add info on where to get rims painted at a moderate cost (need quality work ) .
Asked Raghu Mesthri (He had passed away , this April , now his sons , and old same staff do the work ) - They quoted 8k (4 Alloys , callipers , rear drums ) .- Had consulted him , during my running board time also , when Mesthri himself had told me same price , he attributed the price as it these components are susceptible to heat , a guarenteed life just like stock finish , it requires lesser Putty work , (Putty , adsorbs water , and forms crackling ) .- Have never felt his work to be shoddy , but as @deville_56 bro and all advised me , his charges are quite high when compared to others , so asking for better options . Don't want Rboot (purposefully typed wrong , as I still have relation with them ) , as saw recent works , body works being completely shoddy . Although , a friend's alloys are still doing good , they quoted 5k .(a year back ).
Also asking for suggestion for rim shade and calliper shade, a friend suggested , Black + Red .
My mind is having - Baleno's alloy shade (Gunmetal grey , but in a steel finish) + Bronze shade (Usually seen in bikes ) .
My objective is , not for show , I don't wanna spoil stock finish , but as people look , it should be neat , and unique.

Attachments

deville_56

Honoured Member
TVM guys , add info on where to get rims painted at a moderate cost (need quality work ) .
Asked Raghu Mesthri (He had passed away , this April , now his sons , and old same staff do the work ) - They quoted 8k (4 Alloys , callipers , rear drums ) .- Had consulted him , during my running board time also , when Mesthri himself had told me same price , he attributed the price as it these components are susceptible to heat , a guarenteed life just like stock finish , it requires lesser Putty work , (Putty , adsorbs water , and forms crackling ) .- Have never felt his work to be shoddy , but as @deville_56 bro and all advised me , his charges are quite high when compared to others , so asking for better options . Don't want Rboot (purposefully typed wrong , as I still have relation with them ) , as saw recent works , body works being completely shoddy . Although , a friend's alloys are still doing good , they quoted 5k .(a year back ).
Also asking for suggestion for rim shade and calliper shade, a friend suggested , Black + Red .
My mind is having - Baleno's alloy shade (Gunmetal grey , but in a steel finish) + Bronze shade (Usually seen in bikes ) .
My objective is , not for show , I don't wanna spoil stock finish , but as people look , it should be neat , and unique.
8k seems an okay price. R-boot, I would avoid as well. Concept does good job, but need to confirm their pricing.

Thread Starter #70
@deville_56 Bro , any other alternatives than painting ? (8k for this job alone , is quite a heavy thing for me ) - as soon the ride requires change of clutch too and new shoes (I know , 40-60k km , is high maintenance time ), also can you give me contact of concept (where is it )

deville_56

Honoured Member
@deville_56 Bro , any other alternatives than painting ? (8k for this job alone , is quite a heavy thing for me ) - as soon the ride requires change of clutch too and new shoes (I know , 40-60k km , is high maintenance time ), also can you give me contact of concept (where is it )
Concept Tyres aka Pete's dealer near Vettu Road. Alternatives are hydro-dipping/hydro-graphics. They are just cosmetic things. Umpteen options like carbon fiber and gun metal to more loud stupid stuff like flame and skulls. This is done by 300 Customz in Chackai. Another option is powder coating. But color options are limited and quality of work depends on the color and their schedule. By default, they would be doing matt black daily, so quality would be good and turn around time would be less. If you chose gloss black, they would do only when they have sufficient orders for gloss black and if you are in a hurry, they too do in a hurry, squeezing in between their matt black job. Matt black doesn't look great on alloys.

Checked with RCD?

Thread Starter #74
@deville_56
Someone told me regarding a shop near , Thiruvallam , I haven't got the price yet , I will update you in a day or two .

Regarding RCD, I have seen one or two rides there , I felt it as moderate level , in the sense nothing exceptional , but what I felt is , they tend to do more with polishing as well as putty work , so life of the work , can't be said as of now .

Top Bottom