My German Beauty - Pearl Black Polo TDI

Thread Starter #1
This is my first ownership review,so excuse me if it's not up to the mark.

I have a petrol i20. It is a really great car with awesome features and a great value for money. But it also has some negative points. The mileage I'm getting now is terrible. It returns only 9-10 kmpl in the city without AC. Even though I upgraded the wheels,the car wasn't stable at high speeds. Due to the above mentioned reasons and the hike in petrol price I decided to buy a diesel hatch as well.

Cars which I considered :

1) Maruti Swift : It is one of the best hatchbacks in the country. Both fuel efficient and powerful. I planned on buying the car,but the waiting period for a white zdi changed everything. 8 months!!

2) Fiat Punto : Punto is my favourite diesel hatch. The car is very stable at high speeds and the suspension is too good. One will feel very safe in the car. But my parents refused since Fiat's ASS is not that great. So with a heavy heart I started to hunt again.

3) Maruti Ritz : The car was readily available and it has the same engine as that of the Swift. But my mom didn't like its shape and design. So dropped it.

4) Volkswagen Polo : My cousin owns a Polo 1.6. I drove and immediately felt in love with it. So we went to EVM motors,Kochi and test drove the diesel version. The 3 pot engine was under-powered and it wasn't responsive as Swift or Punto. Apart from that everything was great. ASS,looks,comfort,stability. My parents also liked the car very much. We wanted the car immediately so we booked Black Polo Comfortline which was readily available. They promised to deliver the car within 5 days and we were okay with it.

Dealership Experience :

EVM VW dealers were very helpful and we had nothing to worry. We got free floor mats and reverse sensors. The sales staff kept me posted about the registration and all the other procedures as promised.
They delivered the car on Monday as mentioned. After explaining about all the features they hand over the key and I was good to go.

Initial ownership Review :

I was advised to drive the car within 80kmph range for the first couple of months, so yeah, I haven't floored it yet.
I'm a bit disappointed with the engine but comfort wise I'm very happy. I can always go for a tuning box! The suspension is very good and you won't know when the car goes over pot holes. The AC cools very fast and once I had to reduce the temperature!! I don't like the cream coloured seats that much.
FE is still a question mark and I'm not sure about the mileage I'm getting now,but I was told that I'll get 15-16kmpl in the city with AC and 22+ on highways.

Accessories :

I had the steering wheel wrapped with leather. Changed the stock headlamp bulbs to Hella. Also tweaked with the grille [:D] Planning to go for 16 inch black alloys but I haven't come across anything that great yet. De-badged the boot. I also booked a short antenna and drls. Will get them within a month.
In the future,I'm planning to buy euro headlamps and upgrade the audio system.

So in the end I'm one happy chap and a proud owner of the Polo as well as the Hyundai [:)]

Attachments

Congrats for polo R-owl

Black looks great on polo, provided you keep it shining. Get some car care products available in the market for maintaining the black beauty.

Debadging also looks good there. Good work I would say.

Steering cover: Looks good, but why have you covered the lower part? The U shaped open part looks good on steering.

Front grille: What material have you used to make it red?? But you must admit that it looks incomplete buddy, make both the grilles red. What do you think??

Headlamp bulbs: You changed to Hella, how is the performance as compared to stock bulbs.

Keep us updated on DRLs and antenna.

Enjoy your ride buddy. Congrats again.

Cograt's on your polo Brother, very tastefully done mod's yet very effective i really liked what you have done to the grille.
What was the on-road cost?

R owl welcome to polo world..
Which model is this T/C/H.
I have also purchased red T 10 days back and not like u my experience with dealer was worst.
My first tank full mileage (Just filled yesterday) comes to 13.20 KM/Ltr on 100% AC and city.
Hope it increases. and I have not told any thing about speed so i have taken it to 110 mark. But i came to know from other forums that dont take rpm above 3 till 1000 km mark. so stiking to it now.
Congo for black beauty. and whats the orp.

Thread Starter #6
Congrats for polo R-owl

Black looks great on polo, provided you keep it shining. Get some car care products available in the market for maintaining the black beauty.

Debadging also looks good there. Good work I would say.

Steering cover: Looks good, but why have you covered the lower part? The U shaped open part looks good on steering.

Front grille: What material have you used to make it red?? But you must admit that it looks incomplete buddy, make both the grilles red. What do you think??

Headlamp bulbs: You changed to Hella, how is the performance as compared to stock bulbs.

Keep us updated on DRLs and antenna.

Enjoy your ride buddy. Congrats again.
Yes I have to smart wax it to keep it shinning. Thought I'll do it after sometime.

YES! Hella is way better than the stock ones. The cover more area.

Thread Starter #7
Cograt's on your polo Brother, very tastefully done mod's yet very effective i really liked what you have done to the grille.
What was the on-road cost?
Thank you Visran.
I paid around 7.40l here in Kochi

Thread Starter #8
R owl welcome to polo world..
Which model is this T/C/H.
I have also purchased red T 10 days back and not like u my experience with dealer was worst.
My first tank full mileage (Just filled yesterday) comes to 13.20 KM/Ltr on 100% AC and city.
Hope it increases. and I have not told any thing about speed so i have taken it to 110 mark. But i came to know from other forums that dont take rpm above 3 till 1000 km mark. so stiking to it now.
Congo for black beauty. and whats the orp.
Thank you kush_kochar. I think I'm getting around 12-13 kmpl in the city with AC. I was told that the car will return around 16kmpl in the city. Hope it happens soon.
I shift gears at 2k rpm as indicated by the gear shift indicator.

Congrats for polo R-owl.
Black looks great on polo.
What material have you used to make the grille to red, it looks good if u have done the other part also with red.
How is your headlight working after the change. How much does it cost for replacing the bulbs and the spec. of the same ? Any extra thing added while changing the bulbs like relays.
Any interior mods planning to do ?
At last wish u many more happy miles in polo.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats for polo R-owl.
Black looks great on polo.
What material have you used to make the grille to red, it looks good if u have done the other part also with red.
How is your headlight working after the change. How much does it cost for replacing the bulbs and the spec. of the same ? Any extra thing added while changing the bulbs like relays.
Any interior mods planning to do ?
At last wish u many more happy miles in polo.
Thank you!
Its just red sticker. Yes,I'll have to think about the lower part too [:)]
Headlight is perfect. I didn't have to change anything. Just the bulb. Paid 1.5k.
I'm planning to go for leather seats. Well,rest everything is perfect! I may also change the HU,but not anytime soon.

Welcome to the family, R-Owl. (esp the pearl black)
Looks like u're making a beauty even more beautiful.
Pretty impressive mods, i must say!
Does the stock show the mp3 file details?
I heard this would've been part of the updates they made to polo.

Happy riding and loving [:)]
My personal experience-
Its a little painful when u clean the car, admire it for a few mins from all the angles.
Once u get in home and come back, often there's a sheet of dust on top.
Make sure u take all the snaps u can, as soon as u clean it!

Thread Starter #12
Welcome to the family, R-Owl. (esp the pearl black)
Looks like u're making a beauty even more beautiful.
Pretty impressive mods, i must say!
Does the stock show the mp3 file details?
I heard this would've been part of the updates they made to polo.

Happy riding and loving [:)]
My personal experience-
Its a little painful when u clean the car, admire it for a few mins from all the angles.
Once u get in home and come back, often there's a sheet of dust on top.
Make sure u take all the snaps u can, as soon as u clean it!
Thank you Vamsuduk.
The stock HU doesn't display the title of the track. That's a bummer [frustration]

R-owl, I have a doubt..

During leather wrap of steering, do they take out the whole steering assembly and then stitch the leather? An accessories dealer told me so. Is it true?

Top Bottom