My First Car - Toyota Etios Liva G (SP)

Thread Starter #32
@Anand, Poineer is really good, but I suggest you to go for JVC !!
Thanks RK. I have indeed gone for the JVC 746 touchscreen with rear camera. It overall costed around 22k. But as i wanted to replace the company fitted Toyota music system with the new one, am getting a discount of around 10.5K.

Overall, am paying for the following accessories -
Roof Spoiler - 9.5K
JVC 746 with rear camera - 11.5K
Car cover - 1.2k
Passenger Tray - 1.4k

Just got done with the registration today morning. Currently the dealers are fitting all the free and paid accessories that i have asked for. Would be ready for delivery by tomorrow evening. [:D] Waiting for the next evening

Thread Starter #34
Got my Car delivered on 10th November at around 1 PM from my Ravindu Toyota dealer. [:)] The car looks stunning in the Symphony Silver color. The paint quality is top class..In the past 2 days, i have driven around 133 Kms

More Details -

Car Manufacturing date - November 2012
ODO when car was delivered - 27 kms
On Road price of the Car - Rs 6,36,754
Discounts - 20K + did not avail the Smile package
Total Price paid - Rs 6,13,154

Additional Accessories added -
Fog lamps (free)
Chrome Air vents (free)
Silver Gear Knob (free)
Boot Bezel Chrome (free)
Antenna (free)
JVC touchscreen 60BT - Rs 15.5 k (after discounts, original 27k)
Rear camera - 2k (some discounts)
Roof Spoiler - Rs 9.3 K
Car Cover - 1k

Have not mentioned some more discounts due to request from dealers :)

Just got one picture of my dashboard as of now .. Posting it below.. Will post more photos arfter a thorough photoshoot in a couple of days time

Attachments

Last edited:

Ad!tya

Suspended
Let me be the first to congratulate you for your latest acquision : The symphony silver Etios Liva!
Heartiest congratulations buddy. Wish you have a happy time and lots of mile-crunching with her![:D]

You surely got many freebies and discounts.

Awaiting a detailed photoshoot of the gem!

Aditya.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Wow! Excellent pictures bro! [:D]
The spoiler enhances the look of the car to a great extent!
(What was the poor quality thingy buddy?! The images seem to be fine)

What about ICE? Upgraded?

Thread Starter #38
Wow! Excellent pictures bro! [:D]
The spoiler enhances the look of the car to a great extent!
(What was the poor quality thingy buddy?! The images seem to be fine)

What about ICE? Upgraded?
I felt it could have been better as my phone's picture quality doesn't come so good. Yes, the ICE has been upgraded. Check the pic in post 34. The quality is top notch with good rear camera coverage and quality and great bluetooth support to convert it into a phone.

Also with the all new beige interiors and ICE setup, the interiors of this car have gone two notches above. :) i will post some interiors pics soon

Congrats on your new car! The beige and the audio system definitely looks better compared to the old grey interiors [:)]

You've got a lot of discount and freebies. Since I had bought the diesel near the time the model was launched, I didn't get anything!

Hi Anand, did you upgrade ICE from the dealer? I recently went to Toyota showroom here in Kolkata and enquired about the Liva and they said that I could not put it ICE from outside as it would void warranty and they will not provide other brands.
Kindly let me know.

Thread Starter #41
Congrats on your new car! The beige and the audio system definitely looks better compared to the old grey interiors [:)]

You've got a lot of discount and freebies. Since I had bought the diesel near the time the model was launched, I didn't get anything!
Thanks Rahul. Yes, like any other dealer, even Toyota this time were not offereing any discounts or freebies on their diesel versions. On their petrol version, i can say that the total discount/freebies amount would come roughly around 22k-24k over and beyond the 20k cash discount.

But again, i got all these because, 1) Festival season, 2) petrol car sales are lower anyways across dealership/cars so they incentivise petrol cars buyers, 3) my bargaining [:D]

But this feastival season, cars across brands were giving heavy discounts. The new polo was being offered to me with flat 45k cash discount (including corporate discount) and i20 was offering around 26k discounts. As always, the only petrol car which was not offering any discounts or freebies was Swift. But again, Swift is too cramped for me. Given my family where everyone is tall, Swift would have proved very choking for us.

Hi Anand, did you upgrade ICE from the dealer? I recently went to Toyota showroom here in Kolkata and enquired about the Liva and they said that I could not put it ICE from outside as it would void warranty and they will not provide other brands.
Kindly let me know.
Yes chayan, i upgraded the ICE from my dealership. Its safe to do it from the dealer itself as they are more careful with the wirings and technicalities. Its always better to do most of the upgrades in your new car from the dealer itself even if it means you purchasing accessories from outside and giving it to them. But i would suggest you one thing - For my ICE setup too, the initial quote from the dealer was a little high. But when i told him about the price for the same in the market, within minutes he reduced it for me[:D] So its all about negotiation and bargaining. Just persist on for a little bit more time and they will give it

Also for Toyota, i have heard that there are very few dealers in Kolkata. i guess they are just using their monopoly power. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:

Ad!tya

Suspended
I felt it could have been better as my phone's picture quality doesn't come so good. Yes, the ICE has been upgraded. Check the pic in post 34. The quality is top notch with good rear camera coverage and quality and great bluetooth support to convert it into a phone.

Also with the all new beige interiors and ICE setup, the interiors of this car have gone two notches above. :) i will post some interiors pics soon
@Anand953 : Buddy, I was asking about speakers, subwoofer, amp, etc. :biggrin:
My swift also has Pioneer Mixtrax with BT, a very handy feature.
Yes, the interiors have been made a treat to look at. Earlier, the boring and dull grey interiors were an eyesore to look at (no offence). Toyota has done a small but important upgrade by adding biege trim, making the dashboard slightly upmarket and crispy!

Awaiting the interior pics.

Thread Starter #44
@Anand953 : Buddy, I was asking about speakers, subwoofer, amp, etc. :biggrin:
My swift also has Pioneer Mixtrax with BT, a very handy feature.
Yes, the interiors have been made a treat to look at. Earlier, the boring and dull grey interiors were an eyesore to look at (no offence). Toyota has done a small but important upgrade by adding biege trim, making the dashboard slightly upmarket and crispy!

Awaiting the interior pics.
So sorry. Misunderstood the question. Actually speaking i was introduced to this term "ICE" just recently, so misunderstood the meaning. [confused]

Thanks Rahul. Yes, like any other dealer, even Toyota this time were not offereing any discounts or freebies on their diesel versions. On their petrol version, i can say that the total discount/freebies amount would come roughly around 22k-24k over and beyond the 20k cash discount.

But again, i got all these because, 1) Festival season, 2) petrol car sales are lower anyways across dealership/cars so they incentivise petrol cars buyers, 3) my bargaining [:D]

But this feastival season, cars across brands were giving heavy discounts. The new polo was being offered to me with flat 45k cash discount (including corporate discount) and i20 was offering around 26k discounts. As always, the only petrol car which was not offering any discounts or freebies was Swift. But again, Swift is too cramped for me. Given my family where everyone is tall, Swift would have proved very choking for us.

Yes chayan, i upgraded the ICE from my dealership. Its safe to do it from the dealer itself as they are more careful with the wirings and technicalities. Its always better to do most of the upgrades in your new car from the dealer itself even if it means you purchasing accessories from outside and giving it to them. But i would suggest you one thing - For my ICE setup too, the initial quote from the dealer was a little high. But when i told him about the price for the same in the market, within minutes he reduced it for me[:D] So its all about negotiation and bargaining. Just persist on for a little bit more time and they will give it

Also for Toyota, i have heard that there are very few dealers in Kolkata. i guess they are just using their monopoly power. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks Anand. There is actually one dealer so its a monopoly in the truest sense.

Top Bottom