My First Car - Toyota Etios Liva G (SP)

Thread Starter #16
Hey congrats Anand for your new Toyota Ride !!

Please post pics and also your initial experience with the car so far [:)]
Thanks RK. Still awaiting the delivery of my car. As there was a long bank holiday during the past week, the loan processing will happen only this week. So waiting for my car to be delivered this weekend.

Thread Starter #17
Congrats on booking the Liva, Anand.[:)]
Very nicely written up! Wish you crores of happy miles in it! :biggrin:

What is the suspension problem in the Liva? I've never heard anything except NVH levels.
Thanks Aditya !

I had read in some ownership reviews that the left side wheels used to produce a thudd sound when crossing bigger bumpers. Though i didn't notice either of the issues during my TD. Hopefully everything is rectified in this new version of the car. [:)]

And yes, am purchasing from ORR Ravindu toyota dealer that you mentioned. [:)] I met a person named Padmanabhan. He seemed to know his job. [:)]
When I went there (Ravindu Toyota) my intention was to feel the new interiors anounced recently. But they could not showm me a car in flesh other than some Video clippings. I have driven my collegues LIVA with old interior recently. Handling seems good and I felt more response from the steering (in comparison with FIGO) when i did TD on the LIVA. I had back to back TD with LIVA and Figo in 30 mins gap and I felt LIVA more comfortable than Figo in terms of handling, suspension and space. Liva's suspension seems smoother than FIGO and there was no kind of "THUD" when cross humps in 15-20 km/h speed. Anyway, congrats on your booking[thumbsup] and wish many many happy miles.

Congrats anand

Toyota is a reliable brand world over

Here in Brazil, the LIVA is branded as ETIOS and launched just now

So feel confident that you are using a truly global brand

Cheers

Thread Starter #20
When I went there (Ravindu Toyota) my intention was to feel the new interiors anounced recently. But they could not showm me a car in flesh other than some Video clippings. I have driven my collegues LIVA with old interior recently. Handling seems good and I felt more response from the steering (in comparison with FIGO) when i did TD on the LIVA. I had back to back TD with LIVA and Figo in 30 mins gap and I felt LIVA more comfortable than Figo in terms of handling, suspension and space. Liva's suspension seems smoother than FIGO and there was no kind of "THUD" when cross humps in 15-20 km/h speed. Anyway, congrats on your booking[thumbsup] and wish many many happy miles.
Yes completely agreed. Especially if you compare the petrol versions of Liva and Figo, Liva is way better than Figo in terms of engine reponse, power etc.

When did you go to their showroom? If you go anytime these days, you will surely find a Liva diesel display vehichle with the new interiors. Also if possible, try going to their Rajajinagar showroom (opp Iskon temple). Its a huge showroom with too many visitors all the time. There you will find all kinds of vehicle of Toyota including Liva with new interiors.

For the interiors, say for example, if i would give a 5/10 to the old interiors, the new one surely deserves a 7.5/10 at the minimum. Between, am very conservative with my rankings [;)]

Thread Starter #21
Congrats anand

Toyota is a reliable brand world over

Here in Brazil, the LIVA is branded as ETIOS and launched just now

So feel confident that you are using a truly global brand

Cheers
Thanks. Between i saw the Etios Brazil pictures. Aparrt from some minor changes, i found the headrest adjustable features as new compared to the indian version where they are part of the seats.

@Anand,

A small suggestion, please try and use multi quote function rather than using back to back posts. For more information on this, please visit announcements setion[:)]

First of all, congrats on your new Liva [:)] I will be completing one year of ownership of Etios Sedan in another couple of weeks.

One more ask from anyone who has bought a Toyota Etios Liva Petrol variant -

If you have bought the car after 1st september 2012 - when the car underwent a small upgrade in terms of interiors (new beige interiors), better NVH and eliminating all suspension problems - can someone provide me if the NVH and suspension problems have been addressed? The dealers were very hung ho about the fact that these issues have been successfully addressed. Need owners experience
You are right - The beige interiors does look better. I have also noted the suspension sound issues in my thread - But I have also recently noticed that if tyre pressure is lesser than the stipulated one, the sound is lesser. So, it might depend on the tyre pressure of the car that one is driving.

Looking forward to update of your thread and driving experience. [:)]

Thread Starter #26
First of all, congrats on your new Liva [:)] I will be completing one year of ownership of Etios Sedan in another couple of weeks.

You are right - The beige interiors does look better. I have also noted the suspension sound issues in my thread - But I have also recently noticed that if tyre pressure is lesser than the stipulated one, the sound is lesser. So, it might depend on the tyre pressure of the car that one is driving.

Looking forward to update of your thread and driving experience. [:)]
Thanks Rahul [:)] I read and heard somewhere that the Service people install a SPECER to eliminiate the suspension sound. Have you enquired on this with your Service centre?

So how has been your experience of owning your Etios for an year now? What kind of mileage do you get? How was your 1st year maintenance experience and dent on your pocket ? Sorry for asking you too many questions

Thanks Rahul [:)] I read and heard somewhere that the Service people install a SPECER to eliminiate the suspension sound. Have you enquired on this with your Service centre?

So how has been your experience of owning your Etios for an year now? What kind of mileage do you get? How was your 1st year maintenance experience and dent on your pocket ? Sorry for asking you too many questions
Even I was told by service personnel that spacers were being considered, to eliminate the suspension sounds - I am not sure if they have already introduced it in newer models.

Please check my thread on the experience so far. It's a very detailed thread [:)]
I have also noted the service expenses there. Mileage has been hovering between 17 and 19.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...53-celestial-black-beauty-etios-diesel-4.html

I will be putting up an update on my thread soon as the car is nearing one year of ownership.

Thread Starter #28
Even I was told by service personnel that spacers were being considered, to eliminate the suspension sounds - I am not sure if they have already introduced it in newer models.

Please check my thread on the experience so far. It's a very detailed thread [:)]
I have also noted the service expenses there. Mileage has been hovering between 17 and 19.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...53-celestial-black-beauty-etios-diesel-4.html

I will be putting up an update on my thread soon as the car is nearing one year of ownership.
A very inspiring thread from you [:)] The black color looks stunning on the Etios. Glad to know that you are having a great experience with the Car.

Thread Starter #29
Finally all the financial things settled as of today. Got my SBI car loan approved as well as did all the documentation required. Paid the remaining down payment amount to my dealer. Finalized all the free and paid accessories. The list goes something like this -

Model - G SP
Fuel - Petrol
Color - Symphony Silver

Free accessories to be given by the dealer -
Toyota Audio (2Din, CD)
USB & Aux-In port
Chorme accented Air Vents
Chrome Accented Shift knob
Gear Chrome Bezel
Luggage Tray
Front Fog lamps
Roof Maunted Antenna

Planning for the following accessories -
Roof Spoiler
Wooden Panel

Am just thinking of whether to go with JVC touchscreen Audio with Rear Camera. I saw the overall accessory today. It fits well with the dashboard and looks good. It costs around 25 k. So planning to talk with my dealer to not install the Toyota 2Din audio and instead install the JVC touchscreen Audio with rear camera. Will have to do some negotiation with them so that i just have to pay half the price. :)

Experts - Please let me know which Audio system would go well with Liva. Pioneer, JVC or Sony or some other brand?

Looking forward to the delivery of my car by the coming Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Starter #30
Friends - Need to choose between Pioneer touchscreen music system (with rear camera) or JVC AVX 746/846. Which one do you suggest?

Top Bottom