My First Car: Maruti 800 AC 93 Model

Thread Starter #31
The boot and fuel lid locks do open with any bike or car key.

How will the type3 key set work on all the locks
Please do explain :please:
I am not able to understand :stupid:

The boot and fuel lid locks do open with any bike or car key.

How will the type3 key set work on all the locks
Please do explain :please:
I am not able to understand :stupid:
It is a set with 2 door locks, 1 boot lock, ignition , fuel lid, 2 keys.

All the key set works in type 1,2 or 3 800's..

Shantanu, can you post some more info on how you made the amplifier? WIll be really useful.
Good thread, your car looks really good after restoration. The old silver was a bit dull. Any other visual mods planned? like racing stripes etc

If safety of your car is worrying you, for time being you can buy this steering lock. Costs 400 on Rediff.com. I am using it currently.

If you are parking outside your home for a longtime (once a week usage etc), you can try disconnecting one of the battery terminals to avoid battery draining too.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
Thanks for the reply SS80
I have a steering lock also. But will replace all the locks for more safety.
My home and office are in safe compounds but I am thinking for the markets or other places.
Presently the car is parked inside my house with the battery terminal disconnected as I am suffering from fever [cry] No driving or DIY these days.

I'll try to find out the schematics for the amplifier circuit.

Thread Starter #36
Re: DIY Audio Amplifier

Dear SS80,
The circuit was made by me during my school holidays in electronics classes in the year 2004. I have lost my collection of circuits diagrams [cry]. You can ask any electronics repairs or spare shop for the 4440IC amplifier (with bass treble control) Don't go for the car cassette player circuit with 4440 as they deliver only 25W * 2. Find a circuit like mine with lots of components, as it delivers 50W * 2.
These circuits were also used in the old cassette players with the separate wooden box speakers. Try to find circuits with SANYO IC as it has max power and overheat protection. Use a proper heat sink with it.

Hmmm get well soon & start off with more driving & DIYs. You did that in your school days! I will slowly google & learn a bit or two about the IC's you have mentioned, will also try a DIY shortly.

My doubts:
What's the cost of 4440IC amplifier circuit?
How do you give the input signal, can it be a 3.5mm jack? connected to a phone or similar device
Is this independant amplifier or something that fits into a HU?

Sorry for list of questions, you can reply when you find time. Take rest, get well soon :)

Thread Starter #38
Dear SS80,
Thanks again for liking my DIY amplifier
These days made in china completely assembled LA4440 amplifier circuit is available for just Rs 300 to 350. But the IC quality is not good and they get overheated if extra speakers are attached. If you get a Chinese circuit you can buy it and search for some SANYO LA4440 IC's. When you get the SANYO IC's you can replace the stock ICs.

Cost of single IC (chinese) Rs 30 to 40
Cost of single IC (Sanyo) Rs 65 to 80

There are 3 wires for the input one is common(-ve or black) other 2 for Left and Right (+ve or red). Any device which has an audio output can be connected to this circuit.

This is an independent amplifier

Neatly done up car. You should have put a type 1 grill though. BTW what is that Greenwheels sticker. I see it on a lot of Marutis from North India.

greenwheels sticker means it requires unleaded fuel unlike the previous cars which ran on leaded petrol. Its basically also a warning label not to add in leaded fuel. My 800 ran on leaded petrol and then finally unleaded then was sold of

Thread Starter #42
Hello All,
Sorry for being absent for a long time without any reply. Earlier I was suffering from fever, then had to go to my company head-office (Delhi) for a training & got a promotion [:D] But the promotion has added a lot of touring job. Today I am back from a long tour. Will try some DIY this eve & surely post some pics tomorrow

Nice to read about your buying experience and your DIY jobs, i too am looking for a 800 from quite some time & i know hows the Lucknow market for these cars. Its very hard to find good examples, you are lucky to have got such a clean car.
Am eagerly waiting for the latest happenings on the car.

Top Bottom