My First Car - Loan and Insurance Queries

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Will car insurance company reimburse out of pocket costs paid after accident?

I think you have to send repair estimate to the insurance company before getting the car repaired. They will then tell you what all they will cover and only after that you can repair the car.

Re: Will car insurance company reimburse out of pocket costs paid after accident?

I think you have to send repair estimate to the insurance company before getting the car repaired. They will then tell you what all they will cover and only after that you can repair the car.
rejected. filing a compalint at consumer court

NCB Certificate

I have a doubt is it possible to get NCB as refund after paying the original amount. Have this doubt as i sold off my old car (NCB 45% ) about to book a new one. RTO transfer of old car to the new owner needs 2weeks so i cant submit new owner RC for getting NCB certificate or will i have to wait till new owner gets new rc/ updated rc book.

Re: NCB Certificate

Yes, you can do that. Just go ahead and take insurance without specifying your old vehicle number. But make sure to inform them about the old vehicle selling process.

Once the RC transfer is over, you can do an endorsement against that policy for NCB refund and take a cheque or get hard cash from the dealer or from Company itself.

Certainly not buddy. First car is always special one! Congrats![:)]

Amount will be paid by a DD of the On-Road Price addressed to the concerned dealer.

I would say ECS is ok, else you'll have to deposit a cheque every month for the EMI. Also, Is the bank asking you for any PDC as surety? Some banks take PDC so that they can deduct the pending EMI later if by chance there is insufficient balance in bank account at the start of month.

Do have read of this thread buddy.

Insurance will be a proper one and same as the one you take from dealer. A valid policy will be given to you. Dealers do not have any issue with that. Just ask the dealer as to which all insurance companies are they tied up with so that it would give ease in future.

Regards

Akash
Now a days banks are moving over to payment to dealers via RTGS as lesser charge plus faster and safer transaction i think upto 5lakhs charges are Rs 25 plus service tax.

Hi
I have dezire ldi with 0 dep policy with Future General. We were travelling from delhi to alwar and met with an accident there. Since, we were going to a urgent function we got car repaired on our own for 10,500 rs . We have kept old parts and new parts covers.
We did inform insurance company in the night about the accident and asked to reimburse claim (proper bill) and also approve remaining damage - bumper and ac condenser.
But, it seems they wont pass the claim citing that you havent informed us before repairs. I bought insurance from coverfox.com

Please advice[cry]
Sorry to hear about that. Yes, for insurance claim you need to actually get the vehicle surveyed by the insurance company appointed surveyor either on the spot (for major accident) or at the workshop, before the repairs and then the surveyor will prepare a report with his estimation and submit it to the insurance company. Only after surveyor approves, the repairer will start the work. If you authorize your vehicle for repair without the survey done, the insurance company will refuse to honour as per the bills submitted, since they would not be in a position to determine which damages were due to accident and which damages were older/not due to the accident.

Last edited:

Top Bottom