My FIAT LINEA From Cotton City

Congrats naren,Excellent photos(these are the ones i'm looking for-to show off to my friends[:)]).From your avatar i thought it was a t-jet.BSW is one of the best colors on linea(to me) as they dont show up those extra chrome.Have a great stay at TAI.
"Fiat Linea-Admiration Guaranteed"

truly the linea being misunderstood as underpowered is not that it lacks punch but comparitively to its segment for such an amazing machine it is so underpowered.
i myself feel pity on fiat for doing such an injustice to a brilliant car.

thankfully fiat realized its mistake lately and launched t-jet. again it looks underpowered against Anhc .

i believe it has nothing to do with drive ability and overall power delivery, but a kind of prestige issue comes into play an ego stunt .

like:

x:- how much bhp ~120
y:-and yours ~90...
x:-only 90 haha ??
Jayadev, stastics don't always reveal the truth. People conveniently forget that the NHC (2nd gen) was only 77 BHP and oh, it looked like a dolphin. That did not stop people from buying it in hordes! No one as much as whispered the word 'underpowered'. Then, of course the proper VTEC was launched.

Then you say the T-Jet again 'looks underpowered compared to the ANHC'.

Even the traditional Honda-loving auto mags don't say that. Autocar India says 'The T-Jet blows away its competitors with its tremendous acceleration and you don't need a stopwatch to tell you that.'

I, however, like fast machines and having driven the Linea 90 HP petrol for more than 25000 km can confidently say that the car has more than enough juice in its mill.[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
t

i believe it has nothing to do with drive ability and overall power delivery, but a kind of prestige issue comes into play an ego stunt .

like:

x:- how much bhp ~120
y:-and yours ~90...
x:-only 90 haha ??
well it has nothing to do with its power rather how well the linear power delivers intoits mill with torque, fiats have its mid range and high range linear power compared to others have low end and mid range, which is why people compain fiats cars to be underpowered.

leave aside those underpower nonesense. they are created and hyped by so called consumerism .

there is no other car (in 10L range)which give such a great pleasure on indian roads as linea with mjd vgt.
let it be road presence or drive ability it just awesome.
and i feel lucky to own a punto90hp which is much same but just short of boot.

@ naren,
My parents are thinking of replacing our swift d with a 9-10l sedan(D).As you have driven wagonr(a good city car),how is the linea in city(i'm not talking about parking).My mother wants a car which has a good mid and low range power.

Test drove the Linea. Hooked on it, but yet to plonk my money down. As I do long distances and remote places, the apprehension is on the after sales service. Will be glad for any feedback/advice from long term Linea owners who also do long distances.

Top Bottom