My Experience as an Engineer, as a Mariner.

Thread Starter #122
Heronie is back at home. [:)]
Luckily we have internet. Still nothing can make up for physical presence. We have to sacrifice a lot for livelihood.

Heronie is back at home. [:)]
Luckily we have internet. Still nothing can make up for physical presence. We have to sacrifice a lot for livelihood.
I think you should be doing your 3 month connects now a days. We were not so lucky those days and to be contend with 9 months straight on. That made sure heroine to be with me all trips[;)] We had no Internet or satellite phones those days. But slowly the land started looking 'green' [evil]

Thread Starter #124
After our short port stay at a Malaysian port, we are back to high seas. Surrounded by water, the horizon seems endless. I feel lucky to be able to view nature in its purest forms. What an amazing sunset. I could capture it, but little late. sharing some pics.
IMG_3924-800.jpg
Another ship taking bunkers while we were getting out of port.

IMG_3939-800.jpg
The sunset at sea

IMG_3941-800.jpg
From bridge of ship

IMG_3944-800.jpg
Another one from bridge of ship

IMG_3925-800.jpg
After looking at the TAI meet pics, I too decided to have some fun. So we are going to have pool volley ball game cum party. Gonna have sum fun. Stay tuned for more pics. [:)]

Nice set of pics. I am sure you are having a great time.

I hope, the next time a meet is planned, you are available on land!

After looking at the TAI meet pics, I too decided to have some fun. So we are going to have pool volley ball game cum party. Gonna have sum fun. Stay tuned for more pics. [:)]
Ha Ha, I know how much tempted you would be after seeing those pics. We too played pool throw ball and enjoyed a lot.

Nice set of pics. I am sure you are having a great time.

I hope, the next time a meet is planned, you are available on land!
Other wise we will plan our next meet on board. How is it guys?[lol]

Thread Starter #128
At times things dont go as per the plan. We were all set for a grand pool party. And just minutes before the scheduled time, we had an engine breakdown. Things r back to normal after slogging for hours. Party ki to lag gayi. Some other day..[frustration]
Good thing is troubleshooting took time, but we nailed the problem. Dont want the problem to reappear while passing through piracy area.

Thread Starter #130
I got time to write after quite some time. Last week our plan for the pool party went down the drain, as minutes before the party could start, we had a serious trouble with the engine. And we had to slog for hours to get things right and get going. So the party some other time.
As I said earlier we're heading towards Suez Canal. We are about to reach Suez Canal. We will be joining a convoy of ships and will cross the canal. Will post pics later on. You will see greenery on one side and desert on the other side of the canal. There's a rail track running parallel to the canal.
Right now we're closing in to the canal. We can see a number of oil wells nearby. Most of them seem to be functional. While some of them are not. Its evening time now, and I can view an amazing sunset. Now let the photos speak.

@ MODS: The foto quality turned out be quite low after uploading! They looked OK before uploading.

Attachments

Last edited:
@Nozzlerring:

I feel like traveling with you in your ship[:)].

Waiting to see either side of canal
Traveling as a traveler is quite different than doing it as a mariner. My uncle/s were Chief Engineer and Captain respectively and I know the sacrifices and pains they have taken in life. [:D]

Traveling as a traveler is quite different than doing it as a mariner. My uncle/s were Chief Engineer and Captain respectively and I know the sacrifices and pains they have taken in life. [:D]

I totally agree with you ansh.

living the life without family, friends & relatives in a sea, only with few members. It is really pain. I can feel it.

@nozzlering: If I were a Moderator, I'd have renamed this thread to "The Incurable Romantic: The Rhyme of the Modern Mariner"

Thanks a lot for taking us through this voyage. One look at the mighty ocean and it makes you feel how small and inconsequential you really are. I am humbled.

Here's three cheers to the next voyage!

p.s.: Tell me if you spot Moby Dick [;)]!

Top Bottom