My Dream SUV XUV500

Lovecars, congrats. Now its time for you to head to the jungles & see if what they showed in the Ad comes true or not :)

Thread Starter #17
Lovecars, congrats. Now its time for you to head to the jungles & see if what they showed in the Ad comes true or not :)
Of course, I will head to the Jungles pretty soon but my Wife will be on toes with me to precisely ensure that what they show in Ad doesn't come true, at least in my case [evil]

Thread Starter #19
I have noticed many here have apprehensions regarding driving XUV500 at high speeds........I have driven it on empty stretches of Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Agra and even on curvy bends of F1 track at BIC, it has handled top speeds exceeding 150km/hr exceedingly well- no body-roll, not even for a moment you feel that car will turn turtle even on sharp bends and braking has been very effective even on top speeds. Remember, its only a SUV and should be compared to SUVs only...........it beats Scorpio, Safari and even Captiva on these fronts, hands down.........

Thread Starter #21
Brakes effective [shock]
I guess your XUV was made with immense care and properly checked. cheers that your car is absolutely alright.
Not just mine bro but also of those 100 XUV owners who were there with me to fly their XUVs on F1 track at BIC on Torque day.........they must be having confidence in Brakes of their XUVs otherwise they won't have had the courage to drive on sharp and curvaceous tracks of BIC......or those 25,000 ppl who had booked XUVs in 2nd phase after the car had been on road for more than 6 mths... btw do U own a XUV or formed opinion on brakes of XUV on basis of some hearsay.......trust me, I would have disposed it for free on the very 1st day if its brake were not worthy enough than taking the risk of driving my 3 kids without an effective Braking it it.......even Mr Anand Mahindra must not be foolish enough to overlook Braking while focussing on all other aspects of his dream project.......some pics for U from Torque Day

Attachments

Thanks for clearing those doubts.
Was seeing a lot of presumptions made about XUV by people who do NOT even own it.
Maybe a case of sour grapes for them :tongue:

after hearing it from the owners i guess the long trash talk of its unreliability should be put to rest.

Thread Starter #24
Exactly Yash, it's better to hear it from ones owning or driving it rather than believe the hearsay and let go of a splendid oppurtunity to own and enjoy the drive of one of the finest products coming into the market after a long, long time. There's nothing that this dream machine doesn't have that we all auto enthusiasts want for ourselves.
I talked to the expert drivers who were performing spectacular stunts with XUV on the Torue Day at BIC and they themselves said that all the aspects of this car were brilliant. Neither did even a single owner present there complained anything about gear-shift being cumbersome or clutch being heavy or brakes being below-par. Only ppl saying these things are ones who have never driven a XUV leave alone owning it. Strange!
After having driven XUV for over 4 mths and driving over 6000 km, I can safely say if XUV is available at 13L ex-showroom, Safari/Scorpio shouldn't be more than 6.5 L in price, Ford Endy not more than 10-11L and the big beast, the Toyota Fortuner, max at 15L, its such a big VFM.
Hve fun while U drive ur friend's XUV and do share your experience[:)]

Exactly Yash, it's better to hear it from ones owning or driving it rather than believe the hearsay and let go of a splendid oppurtunity to own and enjoy the drive of one of the finest products coming into the market after a long, long time. There's nothing that this dream machine doesn't have that we all auto enthusiasts want for ourselves.
I talked to the expert drivers who were performing spectacular stunts with XUV on the Torue Day at BIC and they themselves said that all the aspects of this car were brilliant. Neither did even a single owner present there complained anything about gear-shift being cumbersome or clutch being heavy or brakes being below-par. Only ppl saying these things are ones who have never driven a XUV leave alone owning it. Strange!
After having driven XUV for over 4 mths and driving over 6000 km, I can safely say if XUV is available at 13L ex-showroom, Safari/Scorpio shouldn't be more than 6.5 L in price, Ford Endy not more than 10-11L and the big beast, the Toyota Fortuner, max at 15L, its such a big VFM.
Hve fun while U drive ur friend's XUV and do share your experience[:)]
for sure buddy, your experience has surely made me eager to try out the XUV500 and well I am exchanging my Laura for it today in the evening. [:)]

Guys,this is an ownership thread and please don't try to convert it into XUV lovers Vs XUV haters one.
My XUV driving experience was good,how?
Because I drove it a high speed on a foggy winter night and have already tasted it upto 180-185 kph,it gives great FE has great A/C and no doubt the power delivery is simply best.
I am a Yeti fanboy and a Fortuner lover but I can say that the power delivery of XUV is better than both,although it doesn't pull like Fortuner but then Fortuner comes at a fortune against XUV.In city XUV drives better than my Corolla and responds even better than my TSI upto 2500 rpm,but after that the game changes drastically.But how its better than?Because in the city a car seldom crosses 2000-2500 rpm range and hence XUV is a fantastic city car.(Please anyone don't jump on me saying 'at one place I bash XUV and at one place I praise it',I praise a car for what it deserves and have already praised the performance of XUV thousands of times on the forum).

How I am against XUV?
Haha,I know it very well how it behaves at high speeds.I don't talk about well laid tarmac of BIC.I talk of our own roads and what I know is that XUV's handling terribly failed my test.I haven't tested it against sedans but I did it against my expectations.

From Safari and Aria I expected cumbersome but planted riding cars and I got it.
From Scorpio I expected light and easy drive with nervous high speed manners and I got it.
From XUV I expected:-
  • Peppy performance-I got it.
  • Good FE considering its light on weight and FWD-I got it.
  • Great ride considering its an sUV and must have tight springs-I haven't got it.
  • Good handling considering the monocoque,agility and light kerb weight-I haven't got it.
  • Best in class braking and dynamics-It terribly failed here.It has okay braking and upto the mark comparing with scorpy and Safari but still it isn't there.C'mon yaar this car is far lighter in weight than Safari but still its braking is nearly same or slightly worse than Safari VX(one with ABS) then what is great in it?
  • Great build considering its the flagship M&M car-I got disappointed from build and interior quality.

Any person who has doubts like:One who doesn't even own the car or one who has never driven the car please feel free to contact me.

The above was my XUV experience,now I am waiting for LOVECARS(also if anyone who feels I haven't driven XUV,but please don't ask me to own one.Now I benchmark vehicle quality with my Corolla and is not ready to buy anything feeling cheaper than it) to verify these points as an owner.Else my experience of about a thousand kms was as mentioned above.

Thread Starter #29
Vipul, no doubt U are an experienced pro and are spot on with your analysis but my point is having expectations in proportion to VFM.

If only being a SUV and dimensions are the benchmark, then all those 50L+ SUVs from Audi and BMW could also be compared with XUV but we don't. Their interiors are bound to be much better than XUV but if we compare it to Scorpio, Safari and even Endy, it is a great improvement, no doubt.

If I am not wrong, sales of Endy have terribly nosedived after launch of XUV and even Fortuner has suffered which is no mean achievement for XUV.

I can only say at least I am thoroughly impressed by Mahindra for bringing out an indigenous, world-class product and maybe with time, they will improve on short-comings too mentioned by you.[;)]

@Lovecars:
This VFM thing is something which is out of my thinking levels or say my mind isn't able to think 100 definitions of VFM everyday.

For me VFM means:'Value for your money in LONG TERM'.In other words only low price and features don't mean VFM for me.
Take it this way:
I am driving a VFM car on a hilly road and then suddenly the brake go kaput..then what is value for money when the money holder won't be alive.

I'll buy an XUV anyday for 17 lacs,I like it,my father like it.Only thing we need is TRUE VALUE FOR OUR MONEY-NOT ONLY SURFACE,BUT VALUE UNDERNEATH.M&M give us higher quality levels with same engine and gearbox and I am ready to pay the amount for the car because I what I believe is:-There is nothing called VFM in the world,people call it VFM to keep themselves happy.Actually those are compromises for cutting cost..else QUALITY ALWAYS COMES AT A PRICE.Cars with high quality and high reliability are VFM in my dictionary,at least I can go for any deal in that car 1000 kms away without even once doubting the car.
Before the launch of XUV,I am sure no one was waiting so eagerly for the car as I have waited for last one year when the first uncamouflaged pic of the car was scooped.
When I heard price I simply was disappointed because I understood that this car is going to have a lot of compromises on the name of VFM and unluckily my guess proved to be true.

You are a lucky guy who got the W6 instead of W8.Why?Because that 1.5 lac is just burning of cash.Rest no doubt the engine and mechanicals have no match.The car you got is somewhere VFM but W8 is a compromise on 'quality' for adding some electronics.

About world class product thing:Many people can call me 'PHOREN' fanatic,but then our indigenous world class products have forced me to respect them even more.

Last edited:

Top Bottom