My Dream SUV XUV500

Eh,[frustration]...I was expecting exactly same reply from your side.It shows that our thinking matches a lot.
OT(on a lighter note,no offense to anyone):I used to think that only Iron Rock[evil] is a man whose life is changed a lot after marriage,but you are next one..[lol]

Coming back to point,I too made the same trip two years back in a Pajero and everything was just acceptable for us.Actually no guy is daring enough there to overpower you.I am sure you drive with an attitude of 'pehle aap(first you)'.As this really disturbs many times.
BTW,you are over scared.Going by your way I'll stop driving because if I pass away then my father will be left alone and same way he must also stop going out on the roads.I really become extremely frustrated when someone tells me that he/she can not drive on that road because he/she has a family.Haha..SABKI HOTI HAI(Everyone has)..
Its like at one place we say "Life and death is in God's hands and is already written" while on the second place we say "I am scared,I can die"..

Rest,if you are uncomfortable with the trip then its better cut it and let's concentrate on Chail.On being monotonus,I'd say 'At least you meet different people everyday' or maybe you are yet to encounter patients like me!!Else every doctor becomes frustrated on ym first visit itself and is at last found saying "Yaar tu chup baith ja"(You just keep silent).Have a look at we people,I am fed up of visiting Jaipur and what a monotony I have..same work everytime,meeting same people,talking same thing and signing here and there.

Have you got your ACI copy?

Eh,will think of it..but my father reads only one book called "Shrimad Bhagwat gita",even I too have read it twice.I am sure now half of your opinion about me has changed on redign that line..

Rest...hehehehehehe:biggrin:.Have a look at this:-
one life to ride.jpg

Thread Starter #140
Oh great, you would be surprised to know that even I have been reading Gita daily for more than 12 years now ever since my father died in 2000. I finish one and start next version the very next day. In fact, my book, Life Afterlife, draws lots of inspiration from Gita itself, that's why I recommended it for your father.

Alright, leave that aside, since that may amount to canvessing for my book, any other tip for hill-drive on XUV.

Oh great, U wud be surprised to know that even I have been reading Gita daily for more than 12 years now ever since my father died in 2000. I finish one and start next version the very next day. In fact, my book, Life Afterlife, draws lots of inspiration from Gita itself, that's why I recommended it for your father.
Eh,I read it only when I feel I must.People may call it an old book,but it has the answer to every query one has.During the days of extreme work load,it comes handy as a stress buster.

Alright, leave that aside, since that may amount to canvessing for my book, any other tip for hill-drive on XUV.......
Most important tip(read it carefully and follow completely):On the way if you find any beautiful location and feel an urge to stop the car then stop the car on the corner,take out the camera and take some good pic for us.This will keep you safe after the journey..:stupid:(You can say thanks for this mega tip).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #142
Son, if you are reading this book at such an early age and finding the answers you are seeking, then you are sure to go a long way in life. God bless U always[:)]

And for your most important tip, I better remember it by heart as I have to report back to this place only.[;)]

Son, if U are reading this book at such an early age and finding the answers U are seeking, then U are sure to go a long way in life. God bless U always[:)]
Eh,as we say "Where there is will,there is way".If you read the book for searching the answer then you will find,else you won't.

And for your most important tip, I better remember it by heart as I have to report back to this place only.[;)]
That's like a good guy. waiting for pics.

Thread Starter #145
Just back from my 1st Hill-drive since buying XUV 6 mths back. We first went to Chail, stayed there for 2 nights, saw Kufri zoo on the way, was a delight for kids to see a Snow Leopard for 1st time in their lives.

Next we went to our stay for next 4 days- Naldehra, which is 20km away from Shimla. Went to Tattapani which was some 40km from Naldehra on D2 of our trip.

XUV remained a steady companion in our journey of around 1000km spread over a week out of which almost half, some 500km, was hill-drive.

It negotiated some very tough terrains on the way to Tattapani and there is a place called, Kaali ka Tibba, a temple which is at the highest point in whole of Chail and Shimla hills. There was a SX4 and a Rapid which were backing out from this steep climb but our XUV did it without any fuss at all.

I have been to at least 2 dozen hill-trips in the past but they were all on smaller cars. Still, my XUV never allowed me to feel any bulk or difficulty in driving a bigger vehicle.

The best part was that there were 8 of us- 4 adults and 4 kids plus all the luggage, still XUV500 ensured there was adequate space for all. Looking forward to next hill-drive on it pretty soon. Attached are some pics from the trip.

Attachments

XUV remained a steady companion in our journey of around 1000km spread over a week out of which almost half, some 500km, was hill-drive.

It negotiated some very tough terrains on the way to Tattapani and there is a place called, Kaali ka Tibba, a temple which is at the highest point in whole of Chail and Shimla hills. There was a SX4 and a Rapid which were backing out from this steep climb but our XUV did it without any fuss at all.
The best part was that there were 8 of us- 4 adults and 4 kids plus all the luggage, still XUV500 ensured there was adequate space for all. Looking forward to next hill-drive on it pretty soon. Attached are some pics from the trip.
This speaks a lot about Mahindra's growing engineering Prowess, I feel XUV is the product which will Put Mahindra on a global Map.
Nice pic's sir, and your kid's are very cute(nazar uthardo)

Thread Starter #147
This speaks a lot about Mahindra's growing engineering Prowess, I feel XUV is the product which will Put Mahindra on a global Map.
Nice pic's sir, and your kid's are very cute(nazar uthardo)
Yes brother, this car never ceases to surprise. It handled everything with such an ease that it made me wonder what the fuss about it being not a worthy horse on hills was all about.

And I just had two fills of 2000 worth diesel which were enough to last whole hog. It truly is a world-class product from Mahindra.

Lastly, for the first time in last so many years, kids didn't complain about their space since they were the first ones to feel the squueze in previous all trips. Thanks to XUV500.

Lovecars,man i am also owning a XUV w6 and some days ago took it to Vaishno devi with my family.The car is very good and comfortable too.My son driven it very fast also at many places on NH1 to Jalandhar and everything was good.Yes,the XUV is a very good mahindra car.
The photos are very good of your trip,I like them and your children are very good looking.I just love the small child with brown goggles.

Thread Starter #150
Lovecars,man i am also owning a XUV w6 and some days ago took it to Vaishno devi with my family.The car is very good and comfortable too.My son driven it very fast also at many places on NH1 to Jalandhar and everything was good.Yes,the XUV is a very good mahindra car.
The photos are very good of your trip,I like them and your children are very good looking.I just love the small child with brown goggles.
Oh great, nice to see a fellow XUV owner. Speed and pick-up are never a problem with XUV but still tell your son to drive very carefully.

Yes, the small child with goggles is my son who simply loves to take a ride on his XUV.[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom