My Companion For a Decade. My Fierro.

Wow ! That's one tough bike. Keep this thread updated at regular intervals. Your Fiero might just make some record of sorts for a 150cc engine running on stock bore.

Engine timing chain was changed (my mech told this who knows?)Engine noise reduced a lot [:D]
no other work done on the engine or gear box side I am damn sure my boy will go for at-least another 50k or 1 lakh kms.
The total work plus spares cost about 10k and waiting for a 2k work bending.

hi,
i wish modify My Fierro.
pl help

Thread Starter #18
Can you pls explain what kind of mods you are planning .I haven't modified my bike it was just restored to its original shape except the headlight doom which comes from Apache .

I was planing a engine mod soon and if the experts from our forum can help pls guide .

Last edited:
Great !!!!

Your thread reminded me of my college days, It was in Oct 2001, when I purchased first ever vehicle with my savings, it was Suzuki Fiero, black in color and costed me around Rs 50,300/-

Till date covered almost 2 Lakh Kilometers, running in stock condition, no modifications whatsoever but till now always serviced regularly. Starts at very first kick, no smoke, no mechanical or electrical failures. A very trusted bike & the best part is "the bike is still with me" :-)

Correct me if i'm wrong ; I have personally haven't seen any bikes on Indian roads with such high mileage on ODO.

Thread Starter #20
Mine had done about 1.7 lakh kms I thoght mine may be the highest odo running in stock bore but you have over took my odo by 30k kms that's is quite a run man good buddy .

About modifications the battery was changed to 9amps (have to cut weld the body to accommodate the battery ), wiring kit changed two times , switches are from pulsar cdi unit or ignition coil unit is from victor.

Had a couple of accidents one major one and broke my wrist but he kept on running .

Even in future if I can afford to get a Hayabusha my fiero will be with me I think.

Mine had done about 1.7 lakh kms I thoght mine may be the highest odo running in stock bore but you have over took my odo by 30k kms that's is quite a run man good buddy .

About modifications the battery was changed to 9amps (have to cut weld the body to accommodate the battery ), wiring kit changed two times , switches are from pulsar cdi unit or ignition coil unit is from victor.

Had a couple of accidents one major one and broke my wrist but he kept on running .

Even in future if I can afford to get a Hayabusha my fiero will be with me I think.
I may not be the only one with such high mileage but there would be lot more machine loving folks.

My Fiero was able to clock such a high mileage is because initially it was used by me in college for 3 years, then by my younger brother to his college for another 3-4 years as i bought a pre-worshipped RE Thunderbird & then it went to cousin for another 2 years and is now back with us[:D]

I had known that CDI units have tendency to crash if battery goes off, It was learnt the then at service stations & at that time CDI unit alone costed around Rs 400/- which was not a small amount. Hence best way to prevent was to keep battery in pristine condition.

The best thing about the bike is that with 150 CC engine, the dimensions of the bike are quite compact combined with light weight it is breeze to zip past in traffic.

As this model was discontinued around 2003..In fact Suzuki discontinued their collaboration with TVS and later on for some time Fiero was available with TVS badging which later was upgraded to "Fiero F2"...but could never replicate the Suzuki's original reliability.

Fiero, this machine marvel is worth keeping till the end.

Thread Starter #22
The best thing about the bike is that with 150 CC engine, the dimensions of the bike are quite compact combined with light weight it is breeze to zip past in traffic.
Yes indeed it is a breeze to flick around the traffic but with a pillion one should be careful not to do a wheelie cause of the ultra light front setup. [evil]

Wow thats awesome ownership man, congratulations and wish it serves you for many more miles to come, good to see you restored it again in its original form, original shade, there is a bonding with our vehicles after such a long time and in stock reminds of some very good memories.[clap]

Hi there. I went through the whole restoration pics. Fantastic! What amazed me is how you managed to fit the gas shocks the way it is fit to pulsars. my mechanic didn't even bother trying to fit it the right way and instead he fit it inverted which to be honest really sucks the way it looks ;P

Thread Starter #25
The whole credit goes to my mechanic I met him three or four years back only, till then it was serviced by the dealer . Then after I met him my bike very rarely goes to the dealer that too for very rare spare parts only .

Very happy with him even I didn't notice the alteration this keen as you did but before doing it he informed me there may be some cutting and welding I let him do what ever he want to do and the bill will be settled by me without a single question as always so he is also very comfortable with me and will do anything good for the bike as if it is his bike.

BTW . This is your first post ? Welcome to the Tai community ! sorry not just community, it is a family here happy staying .

Last edited:

Top Bottom