My Car - My Maruti Alto LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
After reading plenty of ownership threads I am trying to write down something about my little cute Alto Lxi. I got her before one year from an unknown person (read used car) when its only 12k on odo and I am enjoying every moment with her. Yesterday she came back home after the 30k service from MASS. I am happy with the service and customer interactions.

Initial impressions:
+ Very good on city, easy to park and drive
+ Fun to drive in highway, once I touch 140in Speedo (My drives included Cochin - Cheruthuruthy round trip on weekends home office journey)
+ Getting mileage of 15-17kml on highway with 50% AC
+ Good Ac

- Driving with ac on everyone knows in car which gear you are driving due to the vibrations and jerking.
- I am struggling to sit in driving seat when the car packed with 4 or 5 (leg space strictly average)
- I am not happy with the mileage
- On bad roads suspension making noises like hell
- Lots of rattling inside, most of them fixed on the service

Maintenance and Accessories
Sony explode head unit (without USB) with four speakers
Fog Lamps
Nippon Central Locking
Remote Boot Opener
Bumper and k10 type OVRMs painted body color
Changed clutch disk
Rain guards

Modification Planed
Rear Wash and Wipe
Alloys, planning to add on Tire change (it is serviceable for more than 10k)
Rear Spoiler
Tachometer (ordered A-Star Taco)
Arm Rest and Rear AC vents (ideas are welcome)

All together I am happy with my car. Its good for city and highway with minimum maintenance cost.

Sharing some pictures below.

MY Old Maruti 800

The First Day With My Car

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice review..please post some interior pic's too.

Have you ordered the A-star tacho from internet / dealer.
Rear wash/wipe is very much useful, do keep us posted about these..

The car looks so cute. I also owned one which was sold in Dec 2011. It served me for excellent 36000 kms.
The Spoiler is available for Rs.3000 at MASS, I enquired a week ago.
Do post more details about it.
Why are you not happy with the mileage of 15-17kmpl?
What are the RAIN GUARDS?

OT : Are you on Facebook? I have seen the pic somewhere on Fb.

Thread Starter #4
Nice review..please post some interior pic's too.

Have you ordered the A-star tacho from internet / dealer.
Rear wash/wipe is very much useful, do keep us posted about these..
Ordered tacho from dealer I will update once it fixed., will post interior pics too [cheers]

Another review from God's own country. Glad to see many members from Kerala. please post more pictures [;)].Anyways, wishing you more happy miles with her. Btw, you calling Fun to drive at 140, that too in an alto ?[:D]. I just don't feel it can go beyond 120. Well, my maximum is 110kmph i NH47, that too with whole lot of vibrations. Mine has covered 81k. Btw, when did you buy yours? Thing with rattling is pretty common. Used to it. It will decrease after service but will come up after a few days[:D].Mine has alloys , costed around 13K back then. But, they are Aura made and looks classic. No sporty look n all.But, looks unique though. I dunno if rear vents are possible .I don't think that is necessary. Regarding tacho, well i too would like to know if its possible.

Thread Starter #8
Another review from God's own country. Glad to see many members from Kerala. please post more pictures [;)].Anyways, wishing you more happy miles with her. Btw, you calling Fun to drive at 140, that too in an alto ?[:D]. I just don't feel it can go beyond 120. Well, my maximum is 110kmph i NH47, that too with whole lot of vibrations. Mine has covered 81k. Btw, when did you buy yours? Thing with rattling is pretty common. Used to it. It will decrease after service but will come up after a few days[:D].Mine has alloys , costed around 13K back then. But, they are Aura made and looks classic. No sporty look n all.But, looks unique though. I dunno if rear vents are possible .I don't think that is necessary. Regarding tacho, well i too would like to know if its possible.
Not fun to drive on 140., that only between 80-100. :)

Thread Starter #15
I just noticed now, My right brake light not working need a replacement of that bulb!![frustration]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom