My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

Thread Starter #181

bhvm

Honoured Member
So the car was once given to ASC to diagnoise the central lock issue. They arranged electrician at my home branch (Its an on demand branch, Not full fledged branch) to check the stuff.

These 2 things were done-
1, Remove battery Negative and clean the contact/Sand the point where its earthed to the chasis.

2. They brought a refurbiushed BCM and are now trying to check its effects on my car. However the refurbished BCM is itself finicky and sometimes operates only 1 lock and sometimes all.

Thread Starter #182

bhvm

Honoured Member
Unfortunately, After spending a day trying out, The actual issue could not be diagnosed. And Now it appears to me that Hyundai service is not as good as Mahindra. Here, they do not even have any customer care email.

Thread Starter #183

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear Hyundai,
I have Hyundai i10, Bearing Regn Number- xxxxxx. Service date- 05.08.17.
The vehicle is suffering from 2 Problems-
1. The Front Suspension is too Hard.
2. Central Locking is not working properly.

As a result, After taking due appointment We visited your Reputed Dealer- Focus Hyundai at Jalgaon. Please Note that I do not live in Jalgaon so we have to travel 100+100 Kms just to get to authorized service. The service date was- 05.08.17, Invoice No G201700832/W22.

Unfortunately, I would like to say that my service experience was sub par.
1. The front Shock absorbers were not in stock so the Old Shocks were just refitted to vehicle. Please note that I had visited the dealership a few weeks ago and they were aware that my vehicle will need new shocks.

2. After a day of Fiddling and checking, the dealership could not find concrete solution to Central locking. The vehicle was handed over in dirty condition.

I would like to bring you to the notice that my Vehicle has been inoperative since August 2017 due to said problems. So far I am not having any updates from the dealership in this regard. I wish that Hyundai take this service case under its priority and help me out.
Thanks.

Thread Starter #184

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Greetings from Hyundai!

We have gone through the content of your complaint and have made a note of your concern. At the onset, we would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have requested Mr. Sharad Patil, Service Manager –Focus Hyundai to look into this matter. His contact number is 9325895296.

They would be in touch with you for resolving your concern.

Request you to kindly bear with us till then.

Should you require any further assistance, request you to kindly contact the undersigned.

Assuring you of our best support at all times

Best Regards,

Description: Hyundai_Logo_Hor_FullColour_CMYK

Prasad Bordavekar

Field Support 2

CR Coordinator, West 3

T +91 20 66320534

B50071@hmil.net www.hyundai.com

Hyundai Motor India Limited

Thread Starter #186

bhvm

Honoured Member
That was a quick acknowledgement, looking forward to see dealer's response now. Wish your blue boy a speedy recovery.
Thanks, The Escelation did set the dealer on Fire.
They are taking daily follow up now.

Apart from that, It will also set my Wallet on fire. As the Diagnoisis for Immobilizer/ Lock issue is being pointed towards faulty BCM. The BCM costs 20k. They have orderd it and I am waiting for the update.

Other Reason I am totally pissed off is that, I'll have to make a third visit so get everything fixed and Front suspension mended. That means 600km of good-for-nothing service visits. Think of the fuel and man hour costs I have to bear.[frustration]

I am just as eager to get the blue boy road worthy again. We have been missing him since last 3~4 trips as XUV is just too large and expensive for normal runabouts.

Thread Starter #187

bhvm

Honoured Member
As circumstances may have it, The blue boy accompained me with a small trip to Gujrat. As We had a little bit of Time at hand, I decided to hand over the car for checking and fixing suspension problems (Which were troubling me at the corner of my head). Surprisignly, most of the suspension turned out to be fine, Including the shocks and EPS motor. Only a Ball joint was changed and some alignment / balancing solved any minor vibrations. The SA said I was being too cautious as these parts could have worked further 2000 Kms but I just went at it.
Total bill came to 2800.

While the car was at ASC, I also asked them to check out central locking issue, for which they did 2 things-
1> Change Driver side Door motor (Actuator)
2> Disconnect some Key insertion sensor in steering colum.

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem so car was reverted to its original config. I was not charged for any of this process. The Pointers were again going towards BCM, So I will get at new BCM installed soon.
Bill attached for your reference.

Attachments

Thread Starter #188

bhvm

Honoured Member
Some pics from recent trip.

Attachments

Thread Starter #190

bhvm

Honoured Member
So,
After almost 3 months, I got the door lock sorted out.
The vehicle was hardly ever used during this tenure.
The BCM required to be changed. Over all expense including fuel and my wasted time was about 20k. Had to make 3 visits to Jalgaon (600 KMS) for the pesky issue. Incompetency of the Service network did not help Much. Even escalations do not work like Mahindra and there is No RM facility.

The vehicle was still returned in dirty condition. I will perhaps take detailing to myself.

Unfortunately. Today morning I drove the car after almost 15 days. The vehicle is making too much sound. Like Damaged exhaust. Will have to check again.[anger]. Performance is unaffected, does 130~140 easily.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #191

bhvm

Honoured Member
Spent 2 hours to check the source of Sound underbody. Appears that Silencer pipe has a small tear. Will get it welded.

Thread Starter #193

bhvm

Honoured Member
Odo 47k Kms.
The blue boy is serving well. Its truly zero maintainance car.
Unfortunately, A biker tore off rear bumper when dad was reversing the car out. Have placed the order for same at ASC. Stripes will also have to be redone on that area.

Attachments

Thread Starter #194

bhvm

Honoured Member
Went to the dealership for shade matching.
The color code on my Blue Boy is DE. But thats not all, there are 5 variants in DE with imperciptable difference between all. The painter choose one and Im all good with it. Still gave the fuel cap for proper shade matching to ensure accuracy.

BTW, mine was the only true BLUE boy in the entire dealership.

Attachments

Thread Starter #195

bhvm

Honoured Member
Posting update about new rear bumper.

Attachments

Top Bottom