My "Blue Boy" Hyundai i10 Magna Detailed Review

Thread Starter #151

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Blue Boy went in for 40k km Service yesterday.
It was a small service comprising of Generic oil changes & Maintenance.

Issues reported-
Grinding Noise in Brakes
Vehicle veering of to the left (very so slightly).

Maintenance Undertaken-
Engine Oil & Oil Filter change.
Left Front Shock Changed
Both Front Ball joints changed
Fuel Filter (Which is under rear bench) was replaced.
Wheel Alignment, Rotation & Balancing.
Reverse horn was replaced.
Overall Cleaning & Inspections.

I could not explore Speaker replacements due to lack of time. But they confirmed that any 6 inch speaker can be installed in i10. So will be placing speaker order online. Please suggest which speaker to buy.

The overall Bill came to 13k.

Attachments

Thread Starter #153

bhvm

Honoured Member
What's the lamp room assy? You forgot to tell about the most expensive item in your bill
I knew the hawk eyes will ask this sooner or later[embarass].
Its the Roof lamp with Sunroof control.
It was partially broken since the day I brought the car (Used). Fevi-Kiwck held it till this time but it finally shattered. So gathered enough courage and asked new lamp to be installed for the cost of 5.6k[frustration]. You know I like the car to be perfect.

Hyundai parts if broken are too expensive. However on the bright side, regular Maintenance like Oil, Filters, Shocks, ball joints are quite reasonable I feel. Regular Maintenance cost came about 6~6.5k with Suspension works too~!
The real Bill boosters- Speakers were skipped this time. Otherwise I am sure it would have shot by 10k. You have any good speakers in view bro?

P.s- How about-
https://www.snapdeal.com/product/pioneer-tsr1650s-6-inch-shallow/1891052721

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes some odd parts are expensive.
The 3 ac knobs panel costs 3500rs.
The ones you mentioned are good as per reviews so buy them. I have pioneer 6×9 in santro for more than 7 years. Same in i10.

Thread Starter #155

bhvm

Honoured Member
thanks,as per your suggestion I have placed order for the said speakers. the deal along with 4 spacer rings costed 4K.
reviews & spec are really good. they're lightweight paper cones which do not require much power to get moving.

I guess 1K a speaker is really good price eh?
will get these professionally installed soon.

I didn't explore 6x9 because they need to be installed in rear parcel tray which could hinder luggage space.

Hello guys.. in my pre-owned( second-hand) i10 2009 magna, iam facing a problem i.e. indicator is not automatically turing off after completing the turn means i have to push that shaft manually.. Please tell whats the problem and how to solve and also cost..

Thread Starter #158

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello guys.. in my pre-owned( second-hand) i10 2009 magna, iam facing a problem i.e. indicator is not automatically turing off after completing the turn means i have to push that shaft manually.. Please tell whats the problem and how to solve and also cost..
It appears there is some dust or debris inside the indicator shaft joints. Or maybe springs have become hard. Its best to ask SVC to open the steering panels and check it from inside.

Thread Starter #159

bhvm

Honoured Member
Guys the blue boy is again suffering weak Cranks or Failed cranks.
I guess its time for a new battery. What battery is recommended and can slightly larger battery be installed?

Current battery is 35A from SF.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I think the first owner got the battery replaced. Stock should have been exide.
Dont buy sf sonic. It will die within 30 months +- 3 months. I have replaced the battery two times with sf sonic when car was with me and results were the same.some days back cousin told me the battery is dead and with pro rata rates he got a new battery for 1000rs.

Buy exide. I bought the same for my verna. Won't trust sf sonic again. Exide wil be a little expensive but it should have more life.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #161

bhvm

Honoured Member
sure will aim for exide. how about amaron or Tata Green?

the vehicle is made in 2008. so I guess second Battery lastes 4 years. that seems decent, ain't it?

my concern is if 35a Battery can be upgraded to 40 or 50 amps?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I buy battery from a relative and he recommened to buy sf sonic if the running is low. Your car has travelled less before but I guess your running is 7k a year right and I think because of previous owner's low running battery lasted more.
I don't have experience with either of them. ( have bought 4 sf sonics , 2 each for santro and i10) and the upgrade won't harm your car but the size will also increase and it may or may not fit.
Also check the packaging date. The new battery should not be more than 6 months old.

my concern is if 35a Battery can be upgraded to 40 or 50 amps?
If you are referring to Ampere Hour (Ah) rating, then no issues with upgrading to higher value IMO.
A battery with a capacity of 1 amp-hour should be able to continuously supply a current of 1 amp to a load for exactly 1 hour, or 2 amps for 1/2 hour, or 1/3 amp for 3 hours, etc., before becoming completely discharged.
For example, an average automotive battery might have a capacity of about 70 amp-hours, specified at a current of 3.5 amps. This means that the amount of time this battery could continuously supply a current of 3.5 amps to a load would be 20 hours (70 amp-hours / 3.5 amps).
Source: https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/chpt-11/battery-ratings/

Last edited:
Thread Starter #164

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'm getting a quote of Amaron 42A for Rs 3900. Makes sense?

P.S- I want to upgrade the AH of battery as I sometimes like to listen music in my car with engine off.

Thread Starter #165

bhvm

Honoured Member
Blue boy returned from 500km gujrat trip.

1. fe via tank method was 14.7.
on 4 laned sections,
Max speed achieved 150. but most constant driving was 120-130.

2. got amaron Battery installed in same size & capacity. deal was closed at 3400 after rebate of old Battery.

3. joyous drive as always.

Top Bottom