My Black Thunder: Mahindra XUV500 W6 (60K Completed)

Thread Starter #46
Re: My Black Thunder, XUV 500-W6

Hi all, its been a long time now. The XUV has already clocked 42000 kms in 2 years.

Driving Pleasure is still the same. Some issues have come up in last 1 year, which are as follows:

1) The XUV 500 Headlight problem - As i drive everyday from Delhi - GGN- Delhi, I used to see too many Xuvs with one headlight not working, and was wondering why is it so? But to my shock, in last 1 year my thunder headlights have been changed thrice. 1st it was the left one then the right one, then again the left one. [frustration]
On my last visit to service centre the Right headlight was totally replaced (the whole unit) free of cost, but they have charged me 1000 Rs for bulbs.

2) The start stop censors has been replaced once, as it started malfunctioning.

3) The infotainment unit has also been replaced once last year as it got hanged and never worked again, this was a year ago, but I am afraid as yesterday again there was a thud sound from speakers and the infotainment unit hanged. When I called the service center guys, they told me to switch off the car and again start it. I did the same, and it worked for another half an hour and again same thing happened.

Need to go to nippon service center as Mahindra guys told me to go there directly.[angry]

4) Some part from gear knob has come off, and it will be replaced @ Rs. 700/-, so as of now I will be using it like this only.

And I am really worried now, what will happen once the Car is out of warranty,[cry]

If someone has faced the infotainment problem then do REPLY.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Dear Turbo,
I have gone through this and I know how you feel.

Please do check my thread-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...detailed-review-decals-audio-led-mods-22.html

I am not able to pick the exact page so you'll have to browse a bit. However I have Mentioned Complaint letters and Contact Numbers in detail over there.
I've had my Infotainment replaced THRICE and Clutch replaced once. Also My Symptoms are similar to yours. A loud POP sound from Speaker and Infotainment either restarts or Hangs. I can stop the vehicle for 15 mins and it works again, But that's not the way for a 15 million ruppee vehicle, is it?

Else, I guess Its your LOW BEAM bulbs that are failing again and again. Thats due to the Blue tinted Philips Diamond vision bulbs being used by Mahindra. (Any blue coated bulbs are known for short life) .
Go outside and order a regular Clear glass Osram or Hella h7 55W bulbs, problem solved. I have comparison pics in my thread.

Do Ping me if you need any more info.
Enjoy!

Dear turbo, pardon me for doing this so late but happy belated congrats on your XUV and its 2 year 42000 anniversary. Wishing you many more happy km's with it. Anyways I cant see any way our of the info and headlight problem except for sitting down and negotiating with your dealer. Tell them they better replace everything because frequently such problems have been cropping up and that you are tired of them.
Dear Turbo,... But that's not the way for a 15 million ruppee vehicle, is it?/B]
Enjoy!

bhvm, my dear friend, 15 million rupees i believe is a bit too much [lol] . Great explanation given to the question.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Dear turbo, pardon me for doing this so late but happy belated congrats on your XUV and its 2 year 42000 anniversary. Wishing you many more happy km's with it. Anyways I cant see any way our of the info and headlight problem except for sitting down and negotiating with your dealer. Tell them they better replace everything because frequently such problems have been cropping up and that you are tired of them.

bhvm, my dear friend, 15 million rupees i believe is a bit too much [lol] . Great explanation given to the question.
Welcome Back CLJ,
I just forgot to Put a DOT in there I guess. I should be 1.5 Million.

Thread Starter #50

Hi,

Thanks bhvm for your inputs. As of now Using the existing bulbs as all the bulbs have been replaced.

Also for the infotainment problem will update you once I will visit the nippon service center.

Long time back Mahindra guys started a service where you can see all the service details of your car. Can you please share the link, if you are aware of it.

bhvm

Honoured Member

dear Turbo,
it's better if you upgrade your low beams to HID KIT when your bulbs burn out. HID is very cheap these days often around 3k and should not only last longer but have better light compared to 1000 Rs stupid halogens.

I don't know about any service detail link yet.

Long time back Mahindra guys started a service where you can see all the service details of your car. Can you please share the link, if you are aware of it.
Did you mean this: Mahindra

dear Turbo,
it's better if you upgrade your low beams to HID KIT when your bulbs burn out. HID is very cheap these days often around 3k and should not only last longer but have better light compared to 1000 Rs stupid halogens.

I don't know about any service detail link yet.
What's wrong in putting HID on the high beams as well buddy? Just curious.

Thread Starter #53
Thanks Singh890 for the link. But to my disappointment only 2 service details have been updated not all. How can we get all our service records updated there? Any Idea.

Also, today I will be getting back my Thunder back from service station (Infotainment problem). Got a call from the service center, the Silver box has been replaced again[frustration], and when I asked them how much time it will work, they have no answer. They were not confident even to say that it will not create problem again.
After this type of response what more you can expect from the company.

I have replaced Thunder's wheel cap with alloy wheels. Now the Original Mahindra Rims with Wheel Caps are lying at my place. Need to sell these. If anyone interested, then do PM me. Its brand new, as I have changed to alloys the day I got the Car from showroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member

turbo,
1. hids aren't meant to go on-off again and again as it cuts their life and also. puts a huge strain on your wiring/ Battery. HID uses very high power pulse to'ignite' the arc.

2. keeping hids in high beam will be like firing missiles at oncomers. the glare is already higher in HID.

3. about silver box. I guess you haven't read my threads. I'm on the third box now.

Hi guys , I own a Xuv 500 w6 model 2015 , and I was thinking of replacing the inbuilt music system with a touch screen built in navigation system , could you please advice me what brand or model i can start looking for the audio system, and i also was thinking of customizing the interior, could you guy suggest anythiog that would make my car look better from the inside, thank you

bhvm

Honoured Member

don't do it. xuv electronics is extremely complicated and could Open a can of worms.

otherwise as the asc if original w8 infotainment can be retrofitted in w6

Thread Starter #57

Hi All!!

I drove to Udaipur in Black Thunder in March. My Journey Started from Delhi - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Udaipur- Delhi.

I begin my journey on 24th March at around 7:00 am from Delhi and Reached Bhilwara at around 1:30 pm. Stayed in Bhilwara on 24th Night, as I have some family friend there.

Left Bhilwara at 10:00 am and Visited Chittaurgarh Fort at around 11:30 am. As the weather was very hot, so spent only 15-20 mins at the fort and left for Udaipur around 12:00 Noon and reached there at 2:00 pm.

The Roads/ Highways till Udaipur are very nice, no problem at all. Spent 2 Nights at Udaipur, and left for Delhi at 11 am in the Morning, and reached home at 9.30 pm.

The whole journey was very memorable, and I was the one driving the whole time, and I did not felt tired at all. No problems faced in the Journey. Overall Mileage got around 15 kmpl. Will post some images soon.

Thread Starter #58

View From Chittorgarh Fort

IMG_1353.JPG

Smooth Roads/ Highways

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

Entering Udaipur

IMG_1367.JPG

City of Lakes

IMG_1370.JPG

Nature's Beauty

IMG_1395.JPG

Black Thunder Resting

IMG_1558.JPG

Ready to Roar Again

IMG_1585.JPG

View of Oberoi Udaivilas, Best Property in Udaipur

IMG_1548.JPG

Thread Starter #59
This is the 60,000 Km update of my Black Thunder. Till Now, the XUV is working fine, no major problem as such. But, between 50,000 - 60,000 Service, I have faced the following problems, and had to visit the service center twice:

1) Headlight replaced for the 2nd time, as the headlamps stopped working.

2) AC was not working upto the mark, so got it checked, and to my surprise some part has to be replaced worth Rs 25k. But as i had taken Shield warranty, so it was covered in that, and replaced free of cost. [thumbsup]

Now, the 60,000 km service update:
1) Need to get the breakpads changed,
2) Left Side LEDs stopped working
3) Start/ Stop – Sometimes work , sometimes not

Now For the breakpads – I got a call from service center, that PAD Assembly, Pad Kit and Brake Disc has to be replaced, which will cost around 16,000/- that is additional cost to the service cost, which was around 16k. So the total Cost of my 60K km Servicing comes to be Rs. 32,000/- approx [cry]

The LEDs of the Left side Headlight has stopped working, so I inquired about the same at the service center, and thought the bulb will be replaced, but to my shock, the service center guy told me that the Headlight need to be replaced, which will cost another 25k. After some argument, the headlight was replaced under warranty for the third time.

The Experience at the Service center was really bad this time, as I had to wait nearly 4 hrs after the promised time, as the car was not washed at all, and moreover it was parked outside the service station after the servicing, and full of Mud Marks.

This is Koncept Mahindra Service station at Okhla, Delhi. I complained about the same, and also filled a Feedback form, got the Call the very next day from the supervisor, and he requested me to bring the car again for a wash, but i its not possible for me to spend every weekend at the service center.

Also, I got the Free PUC coupon from Purple Club, but the service center did not have the facility of the same, so it was of no use.

Mahindra Need to step up and find out ways in order to raise the Customer Satisfaction Level.

Some Pics:

Bill 1
IMG_1980.JPG

Bill 2
IMG_1990.JPG

XUV with Mud Marks Parked outside Service station:
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1993.JPG
IMG_1994.JPG

Feedback Box without LOCK..

IMG_1997.JPG

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Turbo,
1> What do you mean by headlights not working? Just the Bulbs fused or some internal Damage? Why don't you upgrade all out to HID 4300k and have peace of mind?

2> Even Thunderbolt's AC ain't working properly.

3> Are you using the parking LEDs as DRLS? They're not designed that way, and yes, if those LEDs burn out, you have to replace whole headlight as they're inbuilt. No chance of "Bulb Replacement"

Top Bottom