My Black Thunder: Mahindra XUV500 W6 (60K Completed)

Thread Starter #1
Hi all, This is my Second Ownership report. I was planning to buy new car from quite some time.

So it all started last year when our budget was 10 lac, I searched for a maximum value for money vehicle in this budget, the cars that i Test drove were:

1) The Fluidic Verna: The car was filled with features, but when i test drive it, i didn't like it at all. it was too light and suspension was very soft. and moreover the budget has to be stretched as the top diesel variant was coming close to 11 lacs.

2) Vento: Vento impressed me. Its interiors were really good. but as i sat in the rear seat the middle hump was too disturbing, and i was also not increasing my budget for this car.

3) 2nd hand Civic: This option was within budget, but rising Petrol prices, and finding good civic in the second hand market was really difficult.

XUV 500Now the decision was little bit diverting towards a good SUV, as i was already having 2 sedans. Then, the budget was stretched, and the best suited vehicle was XUV 500.

I booked my car in Nov 2012. but i was keen on getting 2013 manufactured vehicle, so promised date was 3rd week of January. But after many follow ups, I got my car on 20th Feb.[clap]

THE Final price quoted was Rs. 13,60,000 on road and i have taken the polish package worth Rs. 9999 and the rear bill guard for Rs. 4000. The mats was given free.

Initially it showed the fuel efficiency of 9 km/l but after driving nearly 600 kms in 1 weeks time it has been increased from 9 to 12.8 km/l.

I was keen on buying the original Xuv alloys that comes with W8, as i dont like the other one. The Showroom guys refused to install the original one as they were pushing me to go for the flowers one. But i was adamant. then after they called to their other showrooms they quoted me the price of Rs. 11000 per piece for the W8 alloys. But my friend is the owner of a tyre shop, he came to the rescue and finally i got 4 alloys like brand new for Rs. 27500/-.

Car at the Showroom (far left)
IMG-20130220-00270.jpg
Side View
IMG-20130220-00271.jpg
Back view
IMG-20130224-00332.jpg

New Alloys
IMG-20130224-00335.jpg

The Lights
IMG-20130224-00327.jpg

The Waterfall Design
IMG-20130224-00328.jpg

Second Row space
IMG-20130224-00331.jpg

Headlights ON
IMG-20130220-00281.jpg

What i love about this car:

1) Looks: This is my first car in black colour and I must tell you that black gives it such an aggressive look. Sometimes i even liked it more than Fortuner, Captiva, etc.

2) Smooth Engine: Yesterday I was driving it at 120 km/hr, and it was so smooth that one of my friend even told me that, increase the speed, why are u driving so slow? But when he actually saw the odometer he couldn't believe that we were cruising at 120.

3) Lots of features: Even though its W6, there are lots of features in there, esp, the Cruise Control Feature, and the Start stop feature.

4) Fuel Economy: The fuel economy is now increased to 13.2kmpl from 9 kmpl. Till now my car has been driven for only 900 kms.

5) Engine Sound & Vibration: I didn't find too much sound and vibrations once inside the car with windows closed. So in this aspect, considering the size of the car, its very good.

What i Hate:

1) Infrared Sensors: From the day of my purchase, I am facing this problem, the middle bars of IR Sensors Graph shows stop even though there is no one behind. And its generally on the 1st start in the morning. As soon as the Car travels even for 5-6 kms, it works normally. I don't know what to do, because when i went to the showroom on Sunday for the same problem, it was working fine.HELP NEEDED

2) Tyres: Although i got the Bridgestone tyres, but after 500 kms of driving, my front left hand side tyre got a cut on the side wall. At that time i had got the puncture removed, but i had changed that with the stepny, so I need help, whether the tyre can be replaced in warranty?

3) The Driver Seat started making sounds of choo-choo., when the car is on uneven roads. The plastic under the seat is making these types of sounds. My car has not even crossed 1000 kms, and these problems have come up so early.

4) Can somebody please send me the zoomed pic of rear glass, as i am in doubt as i think my defogger lines are not appropriate (maybe i could be wrong),
but i need to be sure, as if there is any problem then i can show it to the Executive.

Please wait for the next update and reply for my queries.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My Black Thunder, XUV 500-W6

Let me be the first to congratulate you brother. W6 is indeed value for money.

I suddenly notice a surge in the XUV ownership reports in here!

Congrats Turbo for you XUV[clap],

Your XUV looks hot in black.

Waiting for the reaming part of the story with lot and lot of pics [;)]

congrats on your cheetah.

suddenly there are lot of XUVs coming in the forum.

wishing you many happy miles with another dark knight [;)]

PS: more pictures please

Last edited:

Congrats on your Black thunder XUV 5OO.Its a fantastic vehicle to own.

i have taken the polish package worth Rs. 9999
What exactly is this buddy?

Also could you please clarify on the service intervals buddy ?

Please do keep updating with your driving impressions and ownership experience.

Congrat's buddy, and please do share some details on that polishing package. OEM alloy's seems to be very expensive.

Thread Starter #7

Congrats on your Black thunder XUV 5OO.Its a fantastic vehicle to own.

What exactly is this buddy?

Also could you please clarify on the service intervals buddy ?

Please do keep updating with your driving impressions and ownership experience.
Thnx manoj... I was also very much confused regarding the service interval. But it has been changed now [clap] Now, apart from first 3 services its every 10,000 km irrespective of time..
The polish package includes Wax polish, anti rust treatment, underbody coating, engine coating, etc....

Congratulations on your W6 buddy[clap]

Your beast is looking hot in black.

I am also thinking to get the rear guard like yours on our XUV. Especially when You drive on Delhi.

Congratulations for your new acquasition buddy.

Let me be the first to congratulate you brother. W6 is indeed value for money.

I suddenly notice a surge in the XUV ownership reports in here!
+1000. I thought the same, the moment I saw this ownership thread. It is raining XUVs on TAI. [clap]

Congratulations for your new acquasition buddy.

+1000. I thought the same, the moment I saw this ownership thread. It is raining XUVs on TAI. [clap]
Congrats On the Beast. Its looking Awesome.

I am also planning to get a W6. [;)] Let me also have few drops of the rain.

Congratulations Turbo. That is one heck of an SUV.

Black is one of the better colours for this vehicle however it will be a pain to keep it clean. I would suggest you to go for Jopasu Duster kit (Jopasu - Large Combo Gift Pack - Buy Car Care Products Online | Snapdeal.com) for daily dusting.

regarding your tyres if the Bridgstone analysis says that it was a manufacturing defect and not because of some sharp object, you should get a new tyre free of cost.

didnt get which defogger lines are you talking about in the rear glass, are you talking about the orange lines (dont know what they are called)? in any case if you have the time take it to the svc and check it on other XUVs otherwise give your Relationship Manager a call he will be able to help you.

The choo choo noise can only be checkd in SVC some loose bolt or some plastic attaching somewhere. nothing to worry about.

for your first problem you can take a video when it is malfunctioning early in the morning and show it to the svc (just a suggestion)

Wish you many safe miles in your new beast.

If I had bought a black one I would have named him Bagheera (Jungle book character).

@Turbo

Congrats for your black beast buddy !! hmm the front looks of the beast are awesome and I don't mind spending all the 13L for its front design[clap]

Yes, it is bit difficult to maintain black, but the moment you give it nice wash, it just sparkle with shine

Thread Starter #15

Congratulations Turbo. That is one heck of an SUV.

Black is one of the better colours for this vehicle however it will be a pain to keep it clean. I would suggest you to go for Jopasu Duster kit (Jopasu - Large Combo Gift Pack - Buy Car Care Products Online | Snapdeal.com) for daily dusting.

regarding your tyres if the Bridgstone analysis says that it was a manufacturing defect and not because of some sharp object, you should get a new tyre free of cost.

didnt get which defogger lines are you talking about in the rear glass, are you talking about the orange lines (dont know what they are called)? in any case if you have the time take it to the svc and check it on other XUVs otherwise give your Relationship Manager a call he will be able to help you.

The choo choo noise can only be checkd in SVC some loose bolt or some plastic attaching somewhere. nothing to worry about.

for your first problem you can take a video when it is malfunctioning early in the morning and show it to the svc (just a suggestion)

Wish you many safe miles in your new beast.

If I had bought a black one I would have named him Bagheera (Jungle book character).
Thanks for the Jopasu car care kit, I had ordered it from snapdeal.

Also i was also thinking of making video for the same.

Top Bottom