My Black Thunder: Mahindra XUV500 W6 (60K Completed)

Thread Starter #61
Hi Folks,

I was not active on the forum for sometime, sorry for that.

So, Black Thunder has crossed 66,000 only, as its not used much since last 6-8 months. Last month while I was driving back to home, suddenly the ABS light popped up. So I stopped the car and restarted it, then it was gone. But after sometime it again popped up. I don't understand what the issue is? After that I went out of station for 15 days, so car was not in use. Yesterday I drove it from Delhi to Gurgaon, the ABS Light did not pop up.

So I am bit confused. Should I take it to the service station? Has anyone faced the similar problem?

Thread Starter #63
Better take it to SVC rather ASAP. Its a matter of safety anyways.
Hi... I got the XUV checked. I don't know why, every time I go to Mahindra Service Station, I feel the lack of sincerity in their attitude. XUV 500 is such a nice product, but the after sales service is taking the whole product down.

So, to start with, the SA refused to do anything until or unless the ABS light shows up in front of him. Thankfully, I had recorded the video, and showed to him, so he agreed to look into the matter.

The other Mechanical glitches that I was facing are as follows:

1) The start stop function sometimes work, sometimes don't.

2) The Cruise control button is not working. And yesterday i was pressing all the buttons one by one, then the - minus button (the one to reduce speed) was pressed for few seconds. and the cruise was on[confused]. Too Risky.

3) There was too much of body roll especially when driving over pot holes. Took a chance, and told the service adviser to check shockers, and see whether they can be replaced in warranty. To my surprise, the adviser told me that the shocker assembly has been changed in warranty. I am not even sure whether they really changed it or its just on papers.

Also, for other electrical problems, the SA told me that the battery need to be replaced and the electrical problem will be solved. [surprise] Please can someone throw some light on this.

So total Expenditure Rs. 2500/-

Attached is the bill. I highly doubt whether the parts have been replaced or not.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
what they replaced was brake switch & parking brake switch (sensors). I hope they didn't confuse abs lights with brake lights.

you can ask the old.parts to confirm they've replaced stuff or not.

Thread Starter #65
The ABS light problem is solved. But Since yesterday, The Airbags light have popped up. I am really frustrated and also why all these parts are not replaced under warranty.[anger]

My Driver side door is also making Noises, when I checked the same, the Nut which holds the door is loose, i guess. Need to get it tight as well. I don't know, how these problems pop up, even after I drive my car so sensibly with all the precautions. I think I should plan selling the car before it touches 1 lakh km.

Now this weekend again I will have to visit the Service Center. [frustration] Weekend wasted.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Buddy, shoot a mail straight to Mahindra Bombay office.
They'll take you very seriously then.

You are quite true about these various niggles coming up in Mahindra. The spare quality is not as good.

Thread Starter #67
Buddy, shoot a mail straight to Mahindra Bombay office.
They'll take you very seriously then.

You are quite true about these various niggles coming up in Mahindra. The spare quality is not as good.
Any Specific Mail id to whom I should send to .

The start stop indeed doesn't function all the time when the battery is weak, regarding your other electric problems, have you checked if you have a rat menace ?
also i would strongly suggest a obd scan for your vehicle to determine all error codes and then do the diagnosis.

Thread Starter #70
Thanks bhvm for suggesting me to raise the issue. The problem has been rectified and the best part is its done at my doorstep. The part has been replaced with the new one, and after that all the problems related to Steering mounted buttons have also been resolved. I think, the issue was with that part only.

Now New Issue which came up was the RPAS Left hand side started to show Error. This was sudden. I was reversing the Car, and it suddenly showed me error. Again Complained online on website through Chat. the issue took two weeks to get resolved. 1st time the car went to service center and returned with LHS and Middle Censors showing error.

The response which I got is that the wiring needs to be replaced as they got cut, and the same are not available in Mahindra, and if any Accidental car will come then it will get changed, but the service advisor gave me the surety it will be done within 2-3 days. After waiting for 5 days, I again called and inquired about the Manager Customer Service, and told him about the problem, and what the service advisor told me. The next day car was again picked up from my house, and the problem got rectified.

This is really annoying, Firstly, that every now and then, the issues are coming up in XUV. Secondly, the way service guys respond is totally unsatisfactory.

Lets hope that No major issue comes up again anytime soon.

Is anyone else also facing so many problems in the XUV. Mine has completed 69000 Kms. I am worried what will happen once the shield warranty will also get expired. Should I sell the Car before that ?

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Buddy you should read the issues my Thunderbolt has Suffered in 60k kms. That should act as an condolence.

BTW I am in the same thoughts as you, Is this all we get after driving our cars very carefully? taking each breaker in 1st, Slowing down for each potholes. Service at 15k compared to 20k.
Thunderbolt is in the last leg of warranty and I am keeping an eye on the niggles.

Thread Starter #72
Hi All,

Issue 1:
So after the last problem was resolved, again one issue popped up in the car couple of weeks back. Went to my parking and found out that there is oil spill under the car body. Opened the door and saw the clutch has gone all the way back.

Called the Customer Care for towing the Vehicle, and got the response, that its chargeable, as Road Side assistance was not taken, although I have my extended warranty, for which I paid close to 25K, but to get your vehicle towed, I need to pay extra. So paid 2000 approx to send the car to KONCEPT MAHINDRA, SECTOR 64, Noida from my Residence which is approx 6-7 kms from the Service center.

Now, Reached the service center with the crane and tension in my mind, but somewhere at the back of mind I was relaxed, as I have my car still under warranty. As soon as the car came down from crane, the technician asked me the problem, and without inspecting the car gave me the estimate of Rs. 45,000/-.[cry] and told me these parts are not covered under warranty.

I asked him, Why I faced this issue, He explained me, Sir, you have already drove it for 73,000 kms, and its 4th year of ownership, some XUVs got these parts replaced under 30,000km. I am shocked to hear this. Asked him about the warranty again, and same reply, these parts are not covered in the warranty, sir.

All the parts are related to clutch assembly, i.e Clutch cylinder, Flywheel, Clutch plate, and some more parts.

When I inquired the same, with Kocept Mahindra Okhla, they told me its not possible to tell until the parts are opened and inspected, and flywheel is only replaced when the clutch pedal is burnt, Mind you only flywheel cost Rs 20k, (as per service manger, Okhla). Also, he told me that not all but some parts can be covered in the warranty.

Wrote the mail to the Customer care division in Mahindra and luckily got the Response from VP - Customer care within couple of hours. The next day, the Delhi/ NCR Service head called me asked the problem, and finally after he had some discussions with Koncept Noida, the bill cam down from Rs 45,000 to Rs 12000. [surprise]

I can never trust the Mahindra Service station guys after this incident.

Issue 2:
1 week after this incident, I planned a trip to Chandigarh, so thought to get the tank full in the morning, Went to the parking and tadaaaa the car did not start. Again called the Service guys, they came to my place, and told me that the negative battery cable is damaged. The bill will be 2200/-, i.e. 1500 for the part and 850 for changing the part at home.

And the service guy told me that the battery is also about to go, so replace it asap. As a result I got the battery changed for Rs 4800/- (with exchange of old one) Amaron same specs.

PFB some images: 1) Car towed away and 2) Old Battery with the replaced negative cable (Silver one)

Attachments

Hi All,

Issue 1:
So after the last problem was resolved, again one issue popped up in the car couple of weeks back. Went to my parking and found out that there is oil spill under the car body. Opened the door and saw the clutch has gone all the way back.

Called the Customer Care for towing the Vehicle, and got the response, that its chargeable, as Road Side assistance was not taken, although I have my extended warranty, for which I paid close to 25K, but to get your vehicle towed, I need to pay extra. So paid 2000 approx to send the car to KONCEPT MAHINDRA, SECTOR 64, Noida from my Residence which is approx 6-7 kms from the Service center.

Now, Reached the service center with the crane and tension in my mind, but somewhere at the back of mind I was relaxed, as I have my car still under warranty. As soon as the car came down from crane, the technician asked me the problem, and without inspecting the car gave me the estimate of Rs. 45,000/-.[cry] and told me these parts are not covered under warranty.

I asked him, Why I faced this issue, He explained me, Sir, you have already drove it for 73,000 kms, and its 4th year of ownership, some XUVs got these parts replaced under 30,000km. I am shocked to hear this. Asked him about the warranty again, and same reply, these parts are not covered in the warranty, sir.

All the parts are related to clutch assembly, i.e Clutch cylinder, Flywheel, Clutch plate, and some more parts.

When I inquired the same, with Kocept Mahindra Okhla, they told me its not possible to tell until the parts are opened and inspected, and flywheel is only replaced when the clutch pedal is burnt, Mind you only flywheel cost Rs 20k, (as per service manger, Okhla). Also, he told me that not all but some parts can be covered in the warranty.

Wrote the mail to the Customer care division in Mahindra and luckily got the Response from VP - Customer care within couple of hours. The next day, the Delhi/ NCR Service head called me asked the problem, and finally after he had some discussions with Koncept Noida, the bill cam down from Rs 45,000 to Rs 12000. [surprise]

I can never trust the Mahindra Service station guys after this incident.

Issue 2:
1 week after this incident, I planned a trip to Chandigarh, so thought to get the tank full in the morning, Went to the parking and tadaaaa the car did not start. Again called the Service guys, they came to my place, and told me that the negative battery cable is damaged. The bill will be 2200/-, i.e. 1500 for the part and 850 for changing the part at home.

And the service guy told me that the battery is also about to go, so replace it asap. As a result I got the battery changed for Rs 4800/- (with exchange of old one) Amaron same specs.

PFB some images: 1) Car towed away and 2) Old Battery with the replaced negative cable (Silver one)

Even I had faced similar issues with error lights . Do check the MBFM - Mahindra body function module. It's the master controller for many electronic / electrical function. In my case one by one all the error light will get activated and finally resulting is shutdown / engine failing to crank. The issue was with this MBFM and it had a loose connection to it. They have promised to change MBFM and its wiring if the issue repeats again. The cost of MBFM +wiring is 35k+. Generally flywheel & clutch isn't covered under warranty unless there is a premature wear & tear.

Symptoms for battery weakness : Once you turn on the ignition the rpm & speedo needles goes to and fro. If the battery weakness is in initial stages then even after starting the engine the rpm & speedo needle goes to & fro. If the battery is too weak then the rear defogger light gets activated for few seconds after the ignition.

Do check the MBFM. It's covered under warranty & kindly share the customer care VP / customers care email id's.

Hi Folks,

I was not active on the forum for sometime, sorry for that.

So, Black Thunder has crossed 66,000 only, as its not used much since last 6-8 months. Last month while I was driving back to home, suddenly the ABS light popped up. So I stopped the car and restarted it, then it was gone. But after sometime it again popped up. I don't understand what the issue is? After that I went out of station for 15 days, so car was not in use. Yesterday I drove it from Delhi to Gurgaon, the ABS Light did not pop up.

So I am bit confused. Should I take it to the service station? Has anyone faced the similar problem?
Hi brother. I have same model and my xuv ran 73500km. I am going tommorow for the same problem can you please provide me the copy of the bill. So i can easily negotiate with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi brother. I have same model and my xuv ran 73500km. I am going tommorow for the same problem can you please provide me the copy of the bill. So i can easily negotiate with them.
Dear Turbo,
Please provide the clutch system work bill which you told it was 12000.

Top Bottom