My Black Panther: A Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi Pre-Owned

Thread Starter #1
I have had a liking for Fords ever since I saw a Black Ikon doing some quick lane changing right in front of us. I was school going kid back then. Then in 2009 my moms brother bought a Fiesta TDci which pulled me towards Fords even more.

Background (2011)
Things started to move since my 2011 Figo petrol purchase which though handled like on rails with that beautiful steering feedback, had too little power. Fiesta Classic was out of budget. Then other responsibilities took priority and upgrade plans were dropped.

Present (2016)
Come Feb 2016 and some 50k running on Figo, I again started dreaming about getting more power. Checked around if I could swap Figos 1.2 engine with Fiestas 1.6. When that turned out to be difficult than expected, hunt began for a used Fiesta 1.6/1.6S or Linea or a Rapid since Ford was not selling them anymore and the dealers I checked with did not have any remaining in stock.

Requirements
1. Power!!!!! [clap][clap]
2. Precise steering
3. Something I can throw around the corners

Test Drives:
I dont know about rest of the country but finding a Fiesta 1.6 is quite tough in Goa though 1.4s and TDCis are in plentiful. I must mention our member Peter who helped me in TDing and checking out all these cars.

1. In March found one White 1.6 ran 79k for sale on OLX for 2.5L so off we go to Panjim. The guy claimed it was his 'frnds' car but Peter correctly identified him to be a dealer. Anyway car had quite a few bits repainted, interiors damaged but was mechanically OK. Offered him 1.4L and he rejected it so we left it at that.

2. Few days later I was googling Fiesta 1.6 in Goa and found advert in some little known portal about one Fiesta for sale with no details mentioned. Out of curiosity messaged him and it turns out be to a Black 1.6 SXi from 2009. He quotes 2.5L. Again we go for TD. The car is much better maintained with minor scratches/dings and is very good mechanically. What really impressed me was owner had every bit done on car documented properly. Called my friend in ASS and he confirmed the servicing history. So i liked the car but the owner was not going to sell it before mid April and we tentatively agreed on 2.1L. End of April I message him and he says he may not sell the car!

3. Work took me to Pune where search began again in May and found a Blue 1.6S from 2009, second owner. This was the car I wanted so eagerly went for a TD. Sadly it was in average condition. I still had an eye on it so started discussing documentation details with seller and it turns out he had not bothered to get the car transferred to his name though NOC was issued in Oct 2015. I checked if he had valid PUC/Insurance and as expected none was present. Told him I was backing out, Frustrated.

So I message the Black Fiesta guy if he had made up his mind and he says YES and I can pick it up!! Took the overnight bus to Goa from Pune and brought her home next day

Other car TDed
I also TDed a modded Swift and a Linea Tjet but somehow did not like them. Swift had almost no feedback but good handling. Linea had amazing feedback and great stability but somehow heavy around corners. And yea too silent engine

About the Machine
The day I got delivery
1.Car had run 60750kms with last servicing done at 53k.
2. Absolutely no dents or repaints.
3. One scratch on front right bumper and one on rear.
4. Few scratches on body
5. Interiors were quite well maintained except usage wear.
6. I paid 2.1L.

Pros:
1. Power, especially the way the car puts it down. Just keep it around 3-3.5 and floor it. The roar is unbelievable.
2. The previous owner got the clutch changed at 51k so Iam running a near brand new clutch. Gearbox is smooth and sure slotting though a slight play has developed in the stick.
3. Steering. I can go on talking about Figo and Fiesta steering. It's beautiful
4. The way she goes around the corners. Have lots of hills around my place and makes me smile every time I take her there.
4. Solid build quality. She is 7 year old now but not a single rattle or squeak. Mighty impressive.
5. Ergonomics: Figo was my first car so I pretty much know it inside out but Fiesta feels so at home. Its just another Figo with lots of power.
Cons:
1. Its age. Though the looks are subjective and I very much like it, its a 10 year old design.
2. Mileage. As of now I am getting about 15kmpl during highway drives if driven with light foot.
3. Missing USB port in audio system though for me Engine roar is the music

Here are some pics.
IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5809.JPG

IMG_5797.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

IMG_5786.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

My Baby Ford with Black Panther [:D]
13235359_10154106499666257_2429589667637547286_o.jpg

The car that started the Ford love in our family :)
13323656_10154119575861257_2102638143629671632_o.jpg

Hi,
Congratulations on your Used Ford Fiesta, Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
The car looks very good in the images shown. Its really well maintained.

I have had a liking for Fords ever since I saw a Black Ikon doing some quick lane changing right in front of us. I was school going kid back then. Then in 2009 my moms brother bought a Fiesta TDci which pulled me towards Fords even more.

Background (2011)
Things started to move since my 2011 Figo petrol purchase which though handled like on rails with that beautiful steering feedback, had too little power. Fiesta Classic was out of budget. Then other responsibilities took priority and upgrade plans were dropped.

Present (2016)
Come Feb 2016 and some 50k running on Figo, I again started dreaming about getting more power. Checked around if I could swap Figos 1.2 engine with Fiestas 1.6. When that turned out to be difficult than expected, hunt began for a used Fiesta 1.6/1.6S or Linea or a Rapid since Ford was not selling them anymore and the dealers I checked with did not have any remaining in stock.

Requirements
1. Power!!!!! [clap][clap]
2. Precise steering
3. Something I can throw around the corners

Test Drives:
I dont know about rest of the country but finding a Fiesta 1.6 is quite tough in Goa though 1.4s and TDCis are in plentiful. I must mention our member Peter who helped me in TDing and checking out all these cars.

1. In March found one White 1.6 ran 79k for sale on OLX for 2.5L so off we go to Panjim. The guy claimed it was his 'frnds' car but Peter correctly identified him to be a dealer. Anyway car had quite a few bits repainted, interiors damaged but was mechanically OK. Offered him 1.4L and he rejected it so we left it at that.

2. Few days later I was googling Fiesta 1.6 in Goa and found advert in some little known portal about one Fiesta for sale with no details mentioned. Out of curiosity messaged him and it turns out be to a Black 1.6 SXi from 2009. He quotes 2.5L. Again we go for TD. The car is much better maintained with minor scratches/dings and is very good mechanically. What really impressed me was owner had every bit done on car documented properly. Called my friend in ASS and he confirmed the servicing history. So i liked the car but the owner was not going to sell it before mid April and we tentatively agreed on 2.1L. End of April I message him and he says he may not sell the car!

3. Work took me to Pune where search began again in May and found a Blue 1.6S from 2009, second owner. This was the car I wanted so eagerly went for a TD. Sadly it was in average condition. I still had an eye on it so started discussing documentation details with seller and it turns out he had not bothered to get the car transferred to his name though NOC was issued in Oct 2015. I checked if he had valid PUC/Insurance and as expected none was present. Told him I was backing out, Frustrated.

So I message the Black Fiesta guy if he had made up his mind and he says YES and I can pick it up!! Took the overnight bus to Goa from Pune and brought her home next day

Other car TDed
I also TDed a modded Swift and a Linea Tjet but somehow did not like them. Swift had almost no feedback but good handling. Linea had amazing feedback and great stability but somehow heavy around corners. And yea too silent engine

About the Machine
The day I got delivery
1.Car had run 60750kms with last servicing done at 53k.
2. Absolutely no dents or repaints.
3. One scratch on front right bumper and one on rear.
4. Few scratches on body
5. Interiors were quite well maintained except usage wear.
6. I paid 2.1L.

Pros:
1. Power, especially the way the car puts it down. Just keep it around 3-3.5 and floor it. The roar is unbelievable.
2. The previous owner got the clutch changed at 51k so Iam running a near brand new clutch. Gearbox is smooth and sure slotting though a slight play has developed in the stick.
3. Steering. I can go on talking about Figo and Fiesta steering. It's beautiful
4. The way she goes around the corners. Have lots of hills around my place and makes me smile every time I take her there.
4. Solid build quality. She is 7 year old now but not a single rattle or squeak. Mighty impressive.
5. Ergonomics: Figo was my first car so I pretty much know it inside out but Fiesta feels so at home. Its just another Figo with lots of power.
Cons:
1. Its age. Though the looks are subjective and I very much like it, its a 10 year old design.
2. Mileage. As of now I am getting about 15kmpl during highway drives if driven with light foot.
3. Missing USB port in audio system though for me Engine roar is the music

Here are some pics.
View attachment 202318

View attachment 202319

View attachment 202320

View attachment 202321

View attachment 202322

View attachment 202323

View attachment 202324

View attachment 202325

My Baby Ford with Black Panther [:D]
View attachment 202326

The car that started the Ford love in our family :)
View attachment 202327
Hi Akshay380, Congrats on your new buy ford fiesta 1.6, and wish you have a lots and lots of happy as well as safe miles with it. Also welcome to The Automotive India Forum, Wish you have great experience with the forum and the members. And its great to see another Fiesta 1.6 enthusiast. I too Own one but is a limited edition Fiesta known as fida edition I have so far clocked 35,150Km with it and it returns me a great fuel efficiency of 13.5-14.0 Kmpl in city and 15.5-17.0Kmpl on highways its a great car to own, I feel proud to own a Fiesta which has a rare colour, which cannot been seen frequently. And your used fiesta, its clean both on the inside and outside it doesn't appear to be like a used one a bigg appreciation for the previous owner.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Congrats on your new purchase mate :D . your black panther looks majestic ! Hats off to your previous owner . WIshing you lots of safe and trouble free miles . BTW we too have a mystic Wine Ikon flair ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
1L servicing(based on years) was done on 28th May 2016. Below is a breakup.
1st service.png

Also got tires upsized to Yokohama 185/65/R14 at INR4100/tire on the same day as stock MRFs had 6+ years on them and did not want to risk with my high speed cornering :P
tire.jpg

Drove to Pune last week. The tires have very good grip in dry as well as wet. Kept speeds between 100-120kmph and got mileage of 16kmpl which is the highest I have got till now.

Got her treated at 3M with Powershine package as car had tonnes of minute scratches and swirl marks on body. Total cost 4387INR.

Here are some pics. Car was very dirty due to rains before she was taken on ramp.
b4.jpg

wi.jpg

w2.jpg

eng.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Last edited:
Got her treated at 3M with Powershine package as car had tonnes of minute scratches and swirl marks on body. Total cost 4387INR.
Hi Akshay,
Congrats on your new purchase, Welcome to the Fiesta Family [cheers]. After the 3M treatment, the Panther looks too good [thumbsup]

I own a Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 Diesel and its same Black Panther color.
My Car is 3.5 years old and clocked close 48K KMs. I am really proud and happy to own this fantastic Car, which is one of the best Drivers Car [drive] under 10 Lakhs.

As I also have few swirl marks on my Panther, request you to provide more details on Powershine package from 3M.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Akshay,
Congrats on your new purchase, Welcome to the Fiesta Family [cheers]. After the 3M treatment, the Panther looks too good [thumbsup]

My Car is 3.5 years old and clocked close 48K KMs. I am really proud and happy to own this fantastic Car, which is one of the best Drivers Car [drive] under 10 Lakhs.

As I also have few swirl marks on my Panther, request you to provide more details on Powershine package from 3M.
Hi regarding car detailing, please check the reviews of your local 3M shop before proceeding. Though their products are good, it's the labour that matters. I paid 3.4k I think and happy with the job but next time I'm trying for DIY at home.

Hi Akshay,

Hi regarding car detailing, please check the reviews of your local 3M shop before proceeding. Though their products are good, it's the labour that matters. I paid 4.3k I think and happy with the job but next time I'm trying for DIY at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Car looks very beautiful after the wash treatment. Its looking like a mirror.
As known 3M is bit costly, anyway the end result makes peaceful.

Last edited:
Friends,
Came across Fiesta 1.6S run 70000kms. Latest service done by seller.
Before buying what needs to be checked. Which Ford service is best to evaluate the car.
Please advice.

Friends,
Came across Fiesta 1.6S run 70000kms. Latest service done by seller.
Before buying what needs to be checked. Which Ford service is best to evaluate the car.
Please advice.
Metro Ford, St Marks Road. Just ask for service history and check for red flags. I believe service history is centralized now in Ford.
Can you please share the sale link for this car.

Top Bottom