My Berry Devil: Tata Tiago XZ Diesel Ownership Review (5th Service Update)

Thread Starter #166
Re: My Berry Devil: Tata Tiago XZ Diesel Ownership Review (3rd Service Update)

Brake Fail!

Today was scariest day of Tiago ownership.
Was at 60 kmph (and was slowing down). When car slowed down to 40 kmph I started to brake, thanks to red signal. And voila, the brake pedal was stuck, wasn’t able to press it. Somehow managed to bring it at stop using handbrake, luckily no damages.
After this stopped car at one side and restarted the car. Matter was slightly better but still travel was just 15-20%, was going towards service centre, but on the way after clocking few kilometres, it was back to normal.
Don’t know what was wrong with Brakes. Will be giving Tiago a week rest and after that will send it to TASC for raising this issue and solving above mentioned freebies.

bhvm

Honoured Member

SO the devil has been troubling you eh?
Thats sad.
Tata makes good products but only TASC always messes it up. I have had good experience with some TASC. Depends on your relations with SA. Dont you have any other TASC in your area? I usually travel 50~100Km to get good service.

Brake issue is serious. Maybe there is air in brake lines. Get it checked ASAP. if your car is in warranty and Service package, get it towed rather than risk driving.

Thread Starter #168

SO the devil has been troubling you eh?
Thats sad.
Tata makes good products but only TASC always messes it up. I have had good experience with some TASC. Depends on your relations with SA. Dont you have any other TASC in your area? I usually travel 50~100Km to get good service..
Yes and very badly.
TASC are there in area, but I somehow always need to go at the same TASC to correct stuff (be it denting painting or say some mechanical issues). We do have few contacts with top level guy which makes it easier. Our devil is always looked by the CRM himself.

Brake issue is serious. Maybe there is air in brake lines. Get it checked ASAP. if your car is in warranty and Service package, get it towed rather than risk driving.
Thanks buddy. Have Gold AMC and have taken extended warranty too, will call for RSA.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Buddy download the TMSC app and raise an official complaint. That will set these guys on their heels. It has profound effect on Mahindra. i hope its same for Tatas.
BTW I have subscribed this thread. Will be here. Keep me updated.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #170

Buddy download the TMSC app and raise an official complaint. That will set these guys on their heels. It has profound effect on Mahindra. i hope its same for Tatas.
BTW I have subscribed this thread. Will be here. Keep me updated.
The issue with TASC is at max customer can contact the Regional Manager, be it through TMSC complaints or be it twitter. Had tried when I was pissed of with mount issues.
Out of town now with family, will send car next Monday. Had a chat with CRM and he will be sending person to check brakes at home itself.
Will keep you posted.

Brake Fail!

Was at 60 kmph (and was slowing down). When car slowed down to 40 kmph I started to brake, thanks to red signal. And voila, the brake pedal was stuck, wasn’t able to press it. Somehow managed to bring it at stop using handbrake, luckily no damages.
After this stopped car at one side and restarted the car. Matter was slightly better but still travel was just 15-20%, was going towards service centre, but on the way after clocking few kilometres, it was back to normal.
Don’t know what was wrong with Brakes. Will be giving Tiago a week rest and after that will send it to TASC for raising this issue and solving above mentioned freebies.
New generation cars have power assisted brakes. Check if power supply got cut off for that moment, ie the sensors are not working properly.

Thread Starter #172

if your car is in warranty and Service package, get it towed rather than risk driving.
Thank you Sirji for suggestion. Even though brakes feel 98% normal, I have requested for Tow service (which is anyways free [lol!]). They will come on Tuesday for picking up the car.

New generation cars have power assisted brakes. Check if power supply got cut off for that moment, ie the sensors are not working properly.
Thank you Sirji, will request TASC to check it.

Brake Fail!

This is a very serious and dangerous issue, need to be solved asap.
Tata Motors should immediately tow your car and identify the issue. No point in driving the car to the service centre, can be risky.

Brake Fail!

That's scary! Any updates on this issue ?

Thread Starter #175

Brake Fail!
This is a very serious and dangerous issue, need to be solved asap.
Tata Motors should immediately tow your car and identify the issue. No point in driving the car to the service centre, can be risky.
That's scary! Any updates on this issue ?
Late Update

image2 (1).jpeg

Car was towed to the service centre of my choice, absolutely FOC. TASS immediately started to work. They :-
1) Saw Brake Booster
2) Pipe from Brake booster to other end of engine (?)
3) Brake Oil
4) Check for any fault codes
5) 3 km drive

After this they concluded that everything is normal, and car is behaving normally. I was still not satisfied with their take on it, so requested them to keep car with them and do some more tests, but they denied. After wash, brake pedal felt normal to me, so drove it back to home. Didn't face any issue in the drive (~6 km).
TASS told me that if happens again, then they can tell, which part has gone kaput [frustration].

Sad Update

The car was picked up at said time. They did trial and found only 2 issues, for rest they requested me to join in. But due to my health wasn't able to do so, sadly the car was at TASC so list of freebies:
All the above stated issues were sorted. So hopefully my car is niggle-free now [:)].

The situation sounds very scarry. The brake booster should work as long as the engine is running, same goes for power steering. The should be some vaccum issues which should have never happened when the engine is on. Tata should really improve their QA and testing team. This is the main reason I stayed away even though Tiago was a tempting car for the price bracket, went for Maruti for only one good practical reason, less trouble as a every day driver mechanically and with electronics which controls most of the mechanical stuffs, it just works. Comfort wise Tiago is an excellent car from the feedback I see generally where I hate Maruti for its Stiff suspension and overall cost cutting on comfort and body build.

Thread Starter #177

Long Update :stupid:

Leakage
Initially under hard braking, water used to drip on HU from IRVM, after heavy rains and roof-liner being wet from center (exactly below the antenna holder) and from edges (where it meet both A-Pillars) confirmed my Devil’s Antenna glue/silicon has gone bad. Dropped in for the issue and got to know mine is second Tiago facing same issue :P

Clutch Plate and Flywheel Replacement
As per the technician there was small particle of dust found and clutch too was slightly heavy. Anyways to have best optimisation of Gold AMC got it replaced. Clutch initially was very light, though not as light as self-adjusting clutch. Also noticed shifting gears improved, yes engaging reverse gear too.

Steering Rack Replacement
Teamleader just refused to accept the abnormal noise while driving over undulation, which I was relating to engine mount issue :lol!:
After having word with CRM and telling him I am not satisfied requested them to send one person at my place for trial. He is a good chap and even during heavy rain beating the sheet metal, he was able to under the issue. They ordered the part and I got my car fixed. Though I would say still 20% of noise prevails which I will get it rectified in fourth service.

Harman Campaign
Got a call from TASC telling about the campaign wherein Harman guys come to hear the complaints/feedbacks and check HU software and speakers. I got software updated, rest all where found ok. Still bug of pausing music and after engaging reverse gear, music starts to play, prevails. Have given this feedback to Harman person.

Thread Starter #178

Fog Lights:
These puny H16 19W Osram bulbs were useless, didn't helped in any scenario.So went ahead with Philips XtremeVision H11 55W bulbs, it was direct plug and play, no need for a relay too.

Final Result (pics)

All lights switched off
View attachment 242952

Only Fog Lights
View attachment 242954

Even after my less driving at night, experiment failed. Though wires seems to be okay (assuming as I haven’t faced any issues so far), but glass and reflectors have started showing signs of handling the extra heat. Need to get both fogs replaced and revert back to stock 19W bulbs.

Right Fog
F866BA44-D5E6-448A-9144-76714B47794F.jpeg

Left Fog
871A93FC-50D7-46AF-849A-F06F669C28A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #179

Even after my less driving at night, experiment failed. Though wires seems to be okay (assuming as I haven’t faced any issues so far), but glass and reflectors have started showing signs of handling the extra heat. Need to get both fogs replaced and revert back to stock 19W bulbs.
Story doesn’t end there. Now the bulb is completely stuck inside the fog lamp housing, it’s not even rotating. Seems like a bad decision of upgrading bulbs in current fog lamps.

Story doesn’t end there. Now the bulb is completely stuck inside the fog lamp housing, it’s not even rotating. Seems like a bad decision of upgrading bulbs in current fog lamps.
In that case do you need to change the whole fog lamp unit ?

Top Bottom