My Berry Devil: Tata Tiago XZ Diesel Ownership Review (5th Service Update)

Re: My Berry Devil: Tata Tiago XZ Diesel Ownership Review (3rd Service Update)

Hi,,
Can you confirm if your car driver side vent is throwing hot air and the other vents cold air when kept the temperature know at 10 clock.

check this post where i have elaborated on the problem please.

Tiago AC problem - hot and cold air

Last edited:
Thread Starter #153

Hi,,
Can you confirm if your car driver side vent is throwing hot air and the other vents cold air when kept the temperature know at 10 clock.

check this post where i have elaborated on the problem please.

Tiago AC problem - hot and cold air
Have noticed the same, when I had used heater long time back. But didn't really discussed with TASC, as in Mumbai climate I only use AC in coolest position.

But, many owners do have pointed the same, don't know the remedy.

Have noticed the same, when I had used heater long time back. But didn't really discussed with TASC, as in Mumbai climate I only use AC in coolest position.

But, many owners do have pointed the same, don't know the remedy.
Thanks. Let me wait for few more responses and contact TATA and update in the other thread.

Thread Starter #155

Update

So it has been ages I have updated this thread, as it is well said in ownership threads that no updates = car running fine. Same partially holds true in my case.

When car odo was 9,695 km following stuff were replaced :-
1. Engine A-Mount - Good old reason
2. Front Struts - After pointing to them couple of time, they just did lubrication and tightening which would cause issue to reappear after clocking couple of kilometres, so this time they replaced struts.
3. Boot rattling - Solved but now it seems to pop up again though its irregular
4. Rear left window winder - Common issue in Tiago

Had got an e-challan of parking at no parking area, recollected and at that period of time car was TASC, emailed the same to CRM and they reimbursed the amount.

IMG-20180119-WA0021.jpg MTPCHM17015036190.jpg

After that car odo stands around 12,6XX km (sorry for no pics of odo readings).
And in one word it's doing fabulous.

Had done Shirdi trip, though was impressed with handling, but engine was a downer. It was pain to overtake trucks. Suspensions and AC were pretty good. Faced rattling issue in entire trip, but after that it's absolutely pin drop silent, self healing process :lol!:

So after visiting TASC have completed more than 3,000 km which is very good, as against visiting after every 400-500 km. Huge improvement [clap]
CRM had called me stating I have vanished and not being in touch, replied that car doesn't have ANY issues and he was surprised.

Last edited:

Got my car's 3rd service done today.Total bill 3412.00 as i have opted for b2b plan only.So oil & oil filter extra,also had a wheel cladding change.Car has run 13600kms in last one year.service was good.back wiper replaced.harman software finally upgraded to 1.8.AC filter cleaned.now lets see the this years running.
mileage is at 21kmpl without AC in city use & 24 without AC on highway.

Thread Starter #157

UPDATE

Devil had reached 13,419 km on odo, nearly after 4K km after visiting TASC, had few minor issues as mentioned below :-
  • Wiper Blades not doing the task - now solved as it was replaced under Gold AMC.
    Good to know stuff, Front costs - 283+234 and Rear costs a whopping 410 INR
  • Rattles from A-Pillar, Dashboard and Rear - former are still not up to the mark, the latter culprit was rear wiper motor (solved)
  • Clutch Issue - solved, mat was cut (I had given them permission)
  • Suspension making irritating noise - not solved yet
  • AC ineffective - Solved by cleaning Cabin Air Filter
  • Harman update - Updated to R1.80 now
  • Engine feeling sluggish - Air Filter cleaned
  • Gear Knob Replacement - solved, it costs close to 1,100 INR

Old Gear Knob
IMG-20180219-WA0000[1].jpg

New Knob, no more leather finish [frustration]
IMG-20180324-WA0014[1].jpg

Detailing

It has been ages I haven't pampered the Devil, so called a person for detailing.

Procedure was simple :-
  • Washing
  • Sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper
  • 2 coats with buffing machine
  • 1 final hand buffing
  • Plastic Restoration

All products were of 3M.
Total damage to pocket - 2000 INR

Finish After 2 machine buffing/polish
IMG-20180324-WA0012[1].jpg

Final outcome
IMG-20180324-WA0011[1].jpg

Thread Starter #158

LIGHT UPGRADE

I was never satisfied with Tiago headlights and fog lights even though 99% of the time my Devil is driven in daylight.

So pampered it again for lights (Headlights + Fog lights) upgrade.
Visited 3 local shop, and went ahead by the way and confidence they spoke with, yes did some R&D as well (Special Thanks to Blessen Marcos Brother).

Set-up are as follows :-
Headlight:
Used a chinese relay which was coupler to coupler. Used Philips Rally 90/100w H4 bulbs. Installing it was pretty straight forward with not cutting/splicing of any wires. Dust cap hasn't been cut too, that's the reason now due to more wires it doesn't fit flush.

This video might prove to be helpful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQrPK2PZZg

Fog Lights:
These puny H16 19W Osram bulbs were useless, didn't helped in any scenario.So went ahead with Philips XtremeVision H11 55W bulbs, it was direct plug and play, no need for a relay too.

Final Result (pics)

All lights switched off
No light.jpg

Only Parking Light
Parking light.jpg

Only Fog Lights
Fogs.jpg

Only Low Beam
Low Beam.jpg

Low Beam + Fog Lights
Low beam and fog.jpg

Only High Beam
high beam.jpg

High Beam + Fog Lights
High beam and fog.jpg

Price:-
  • Chinese Relay - 1049 INR
  • Philips Rally H4 100/90W - 225 INR each
  • Philips XtremeVision 55W H11 - 900 INR each
  • Labour - 1 INR [lol]
Total Damage to Pocket - 3300 INR [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:

UPDATE

Devil had reached 13,419 km on odo, nearly after 4K km after visiting TASC, had few minor issues as mentioned below :-
  • Wiper Blades not doing the task - now solved as it was replaced under Gold AMC.
    Good to know stuff, Front costs - 283+234 and Rear costs a whopping 410 INR
  • Rattles from A-Pillar, Dashboard and Rear - former are still not up to the mark, the latter culprit was rear wiper motor (solved)
  • Clutch Issue - solved, mat was cut (I had given them permission)
  • Suspension making irritating noise - not solved yet
  • AC ineffective - Solved by cleaning Cabin Air Filter
  • Harman update - Updated to R1.80 now
  • Engine feeling sluggish - Air Filter cleaned
  • Gear Knob Replacement - solved, it costs close to 1,100 INR

Old Gear Knob
View attachment 242948

New Knob, no more leather finish [frustration]
View attachment 242949

Detailing

It has been ages I haven't pampered the Devil, so called a person for detailing.

Procedure was simple :-
  • Washing
  • Sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper
  • 2 coats with buffing machine
  • 1 final hand buffing
  • Plastic Restoration

All products were of 3M.
Total damage to pocket - 2000 INR

Finish After 2 machine buffing/polish
View attachment 242951

Final outcome
View attachment 242950
Hi Gautam, Your Berry Devil looks spick and span after the 3M pampering.

Just intrigued to learn, he used sandpaper to get this result, you mean the whole car was sanded down? Will this Sanding get rid of the bike scratches on bumpers and sides? Without any damage to the paint, I surely need to know more, and doubt this is available in kanpur or Lucknow.

Please do clear my doubts, sorry for the nerd questions.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #160

Hi Gautam, Your Berry Devil looks spick and span after the 3M pampering.

Just intrigued to learn, he used sandpaper to get this result, you mean the whole car was sanded down? Will this Sanding get rid of the bike scratches on bumpers and sides? Without any damage to the paint, I surely need to know more, and doubt this is available in kanpur or Lucknow.

Please do clear my doubts, sorry for the nerd questions.

Regards
Vinod
Thank you Sirji for your kind words.

Yes all painted exterior were sanded down. Unless and until paint is peeled off, scratches can be removed IMHO. After sanding, machine buff/polish is done so it brings back the shine. So I think it doesn’t damage the paint. I still feel TAIger Prabhagar bro and TAIger TSIVipul bro will be best person to answer your question.

Thank you Sirji for your kind words.

Yes all painted exterior were sanded down. Unless and until paint is peeled off, scratches can be removed IMHO. After sanding, machine buff/polish is done so it brings back the shine. So I think it doesn’t damage the paint. I still feel TAIger Prabhagar bro and TAIger TSIVipul bro will be best person to answer your question.
The clear coat has been stripped off ,then the polishing is done.
Advantage-
Fresh coat of polish ,thereby all previous scratches on the paint are removed.
Car feels more shiny and glazing​
Disadvantage-The paint durability is reduced ,as its thin layer also gets peeled off during removing clear coat (Most clear coat are nowadays done by mixing it with solid paint)

bhvm

Honoured Member

GautamJ,
Nice updates there.
BTW be careful with sandpaper. Its not required for normal detailing. Sandpaper is only used for scratches or if paint has become very faded and rough. With each treatment You are eroding the Clear coat, which is only so much thin.

For normal detailing use Clay if you feel so. But just regular polish works too.

Thread Starter #163

The clear coat has been stripped off ,then the polishing is done.
Advantage-
Fresh coat of polish ,thereby all previous scratches on the paint are removed.
Car feels more shiny and glazing​
Disadvantage-The paint durability is reduced ,as its thin layer also gets peeled off during removing clear coat (Most clear coat are nowadays done by mixing it with solid paint)
Thanks buddy for the explanation.

GautamJ,
Nice updates there.
BTW be careful with sandpaper. Its not required for normal detailing. Sandpaper is only used for scratches or if paint has become very faded and rough. With each treatment You are eroding the Clear coat, which is only so much thin.

For normal detailing use Clay if you feel so. But just regular polish works too.
Thank you Sirji for the tip. Had paint sprayed at few panels of car (sis college was under renovation [frustration]). So had no option.

Thread Starter #164

Update

When car was at 13,500 km approx, front tyres had only 1 mm left for tyre wear indicator, whereas rear ones had enough life left. Don't know how, because had done rotation at 7,500 km (approx). Still for now have got tyre rotation done. Costed me Rs.244, paid for wheel balance only.

A week before got my car back from TASC for completion of :-
1) Rear Bumper, Rear Left door and Rear quarter panel (?) Paint Job: Car was scratched and had hit the lamp post box while reversing.
2) Few Rattling Noise (A-Pillar and Dashboard)
3) Front Driver side tyre making noise.
Total Bill amounted to Rs.7677 (charged only for denting and painting). Finish is mediocre, paint peel is clearly evident but these lazy guys messed up (more on this later).

Now, TASC decided to give few freebies. Issues faced after a week [frustration] :-
1) Suspensions - making too many noises. I am just tired of this issue popping up again and again.
2) Rattling - Rattles were lot less before. But after taking delivery, rear parcel tray, dashboard, Driver side A-Pillar and driver side door are rattling like hell. Just noticed front Seat base rattling when squeezed.
3) Pickup have reduced by leaps and bounds.
4) Gearbox is very notchy. Struggle is gone in shifting gears.
5) Vibrations are just unbearable now.
6) Again knocking sound. A-Engine mount was changed just 100 km back (precisely 105 kms back).
7) Service Due in 29 days message popping up.
8) Left ORVM and rear bumper is very rough. Thanks to paint work by lazy guys!

Good news is that, our Devil crossed 14,000 km mark [clap].

EDIT:
Devil will be picked up on Tuesday for resolving above issues.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #165

Sad Update

The car was picked up at said time. They did trial and found only 2 issues, for rest they requested me to join in. But due to my health wasn't able to do so, sadly the car was at TASC so list of freebies:

Rear Bumper
IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2805.JPG

Rear Right quarter
IMG_2807.JPG

Front Left Door
IMG_2810.JPG

Hood mis-aligned
IMG_2814.JPG

Have shared these pics with CRM, I hope they solve instead of building more troubles [frustration].

Update - S

Now that I am so frustrated with this T brand for continuously 6 and a half years now. Waiting for good deal to sell this Devil.

Top Bottom