My Beautiful Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2 SilverEyez

Thread Starter #31
Hi
Where did you get the installation carried out of your xp micro ! Did you go to there installation partners, Did they cut or splice your original wiring loom ? Have you installed a separate switch for switching from lo to hi beam in XP micro. If yes then can you share some pics of the same .[:D]. cause am searching for an alternative lighting solution for my car. Am impressed with there output, but saw some shoddy installation job . please share your experience
Hi Sachin,
YES, i went to their official installer in Mumbai.
NO, They dint cut any existing wires in my car.
I have a separate switch to switch ON the XP Micro, it's not for Low to High beam, the Micro high beam is integrated with the high beam stalk in the car. So when i pull the stalk for high beams, the Headlight and XP MICRO high beam works together.
The Output and throw from the Micro is superb, you simply dont need to switch on the headlights. I have been to many night roadtrips and trust me the illumination is Great. 1 high beam is enough to clear the road of any obstacle[;)]
Even i have read about their shoddy installation work in forums, but in my case, the Mumbai installer was a cool guy with a clean and neat work done in front of my eyes.
I am very satisfied and the product is worth the money.

Are you sure that they did not cut or splice your original wiring loom ! If they did not cut any wire then how did they integrate the hi beam of xp with your cars hi beam !!
Where is this official installer located ! How much did you pay for the installation work ?
Do you have any pics of the installations work ? some night shots of your hi and lo beam cut off if possible.
Thanks !

Thread Starter #33
Are you sure that they did not cut or splice your original wiring loom ! If they did not cut any wire then how did they integrate the hi beam of xp with your cars hi beam !!
Where is this official installer located ! How much did you pay for the installation work ?
Do you have any pics of the installations work ? some night shots of your hi and lo beam cut off if possible.
Thanks !
You can go to XP website and contact them, they will forward you the installers contact details. Are you from Mumbai?
I dont have any installation pics, night shots i have tried but the pics dont do justice to the actual output. Will try again tonight and post if pics come nice.

You can go to XP website and contact them, they will forward you the installers contact details. Are you from Mumbai?
I dont have any installation pics, night shots i have tried but the pics dont do justice to the actual output. Will try again tonight and post if pics come nice.
It will be highly appreciated if you can post some night shots of your XP in action.
Yes, buddy !
Am from Navi Mumbai.[:D]

Thread Starter #35
SUSPENSION changed under WARRANTY

After driving a few 2017 Baleno's, i realised that my suspensions were really Stiff and Bouncy. After mailing Nexa Maruti Suzuki about the problems, took an appointment with my service center. My visit to the service centre got delayed by few weeks due to workload.
Finally when i reached the service centre, the SA was very polite and approved my problems and immediately took the car for the Suspension change.
It took 1 day for them to change my complete Suspension Front and Rear.
Now its a 2017 setup of P60 for Front and P40 for Rear suspension.

The ride has improved and become slightly smoother now.
There is a considerable difference in the comfort now,bouncing has reduced a lot.
The difference can be felt more at low speeds, high speed i dint find much of a difference, which is good because High Speed Stability still remains the same.
Maybe with more kms i can get even a smoother ride.

A big thank you to S.K.Wheels Turbhe for the prompt and commendable services.

Thread Starter #36
Had the luxury of driving the Baleno CVT on a trip to Lonavla.
Driving the CVT is a Pure Bliss and Luxury, effortless on the straight highways as well as the curvy Ghats.
The rubber-band effect was very negligible and the car picked up speed in no time.
Mighty Impressed.

Synthetic oils costs more( 900-1000/l). There is semi synthetic available as well for around 600-700.

Synthetic lasts more than mineral oil according to experts, but I dont think you require synthetic oil in baleno, unless you are driving too much in bumper to bumper traffic or drive at high RPM. Its simply not worth it IMO.

More details here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/16281-choosing-right-engine-oil.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/synthetic-oil-vs-mineral-oil
Are you sure it's mineral oil? I was charged Rs. 1163 for 3.1L Shell Helix HX8 (99999M00W20-SHL)
which i believe is fully synthetic engine oil.

I got details for my 4th service, engine oil is now quoted at Rs. 1600 (not sure which one), has the taxes increased or something?

I'm pretty happy with shell, engine is smooth and performs great!

Thread Starter #39
20000kms Update

There is an adrenalin rush once the engine crosses 2000rpm in 2nd & 3rd gears, it’s the feeling of the Fast and Furious, experienced this fun pretty late, since then I am loving the everyday drive where I look for opportunities to reach upto 5000rpm’s leaving all traffic behind.
20-80kmph is achieved in no time on full throttle. I realised this fun quite late, after crossing 12k

Seats:
The driver seat is very comfortable giving a complete view of the front. I don’t find any blindspots from the pillars.
The height adjustment is a great advantage, adds to the comfort and front visibility. I wish they had a little more Lumbar support for a average frame like me.

Armrest:
Good feature but almost useless to me. Its way behind for my comfort and size (5.4”), with no adjustable feature in it, it becomes ineffective. A little 3” inch extended to the front would have made my long drives even more relaxed and rested.

Steering:
Tilt and Telescopic helps in getting the perfect position for a comfortable drive. The steering feel and grip is good, though at times, I feel the horn should have been little closer to my thumbs. Holds well with high speed driving too.

Headlights:
Illuminates road very evenly and nicely covering a huge area with powerful high beams. Adds Charm and Glamour. Auto Headlamp feature is superb and works seamlessly, though sometimes the lights are on even under 7.30am sunlight

Apple Carplay:
Very satisfied with it. Its smooth and very rarely it gets hanged or responses late.

Mileage:
Baleno gives really good mileage in the city and extra ordinary on the highway.

City: 12/14
Highway: 19/26

Braking:
Brakes are effective, stopping without any directional change. Brake Assist would have added more safety to the powerful car.

Mini AMT:
The 3rd gear almost works as an AMT for me, coz there are no jerks all the way from 20kmph to 80kmph, which is the speed we drive in the city. Effortless and Fluent.
Driving on Ghats are a breeze, never felt out of energy even with loaded car on Kasara Ghats. Can climb easily on any Ghats in 3rd gear.

Other positve’s:

Bottle Holders and storage in all doors

Lots of useful storage areas in the cabin

Spacious and Airy Interiors

Superbly Informative MID

Auto Folding ORVM (miss the auto fold on locking with Smartkey feature)

UV Block Tint on all Doors, its super effective

Mirror with lights on both the SunVisors, even some of the higher priced cars don’t have them. Super important for wifey

Lots of Boot space

Reverse Camera with sensors

To be honest, No Rattles or Unwanted noises from anywhere till now. Fingers-crossed.

Areas of improvement:

Steering Self Centring: The steering doesn’t Self-Centre without inputs after U-Turns.

NVH should have been little improved, especially on high speed driving. Tyre noise increases with speed.

6 Airbags on the Alpha variants.

Cruise Control

Brake Assist

More stylish Alloys as OEM

The Jack and accessory blue pouch in the dicky makes some noise on bumps, a proper cubicle to keep it where it doesn’t rattle would have been good.

Well to be honest, I don’t find any problem with the car. Maybe i love her too much, I know no car is perfect, but my Alpha Baleno is one perfect car for me. Well, the next time I pick a car, I would want all the features of my car in it minimum or else It won’t click with me.

PCDC3661.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

QQFU8011.JPG

Thread Starter #40
Update

Changed the Alpha Front Grill to RS Grill.
Looks really cool and sportier.
Product= RS Front Grill Genuine Nexa Accessories
Total Cost= 2500/- incl Taxes & labour
From= Nexa Turbhe

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1204.JPG

will update the front bumper too shortly.

Update

Changed the Alpha Front Grill to RS Grill.
Looks really cool and sportier.
Product= RS Front Grill Genuine Nexa Accessories
Total Cost= 2500/- incl Taxes & labour
From= Nexa Turbhe

View attachment 245664

View attachment 245665

will update the front bumper too shortly.
Hi Silvereyez,

That indeed looks sexier. I just wanted to ask that the chrome on the grill of alpha was used for RS grill too or the RS grill comes with chrome ?. also is there any option to opt for only grill not the chrome that might save some cost ?

Thread Starter #42
Hi Silvereyez,

That indeed looks sexier. I just wanted to ask that the chrome on the grill of alpha was used for RS grill too or the RS grill comes with chrome ?. also is there any option to opt for only grill not the chrome that might save some cost ?
The original Alpha Chrome was used in the RS grill.
Only the upper radiator Grill was changed to RS from above the chrome.

Thread Starter #43
Kitna Deti Hai Update

Total Kms: 397.9kms (Only City driving )
Petrol: 31.84 ltrs
Mileage: 12.5 kms/ltr

This is my City mileage after 21000 kms, with Auto AC set at 24deg.
MID showed 13.5, a difference of perfect 1 point.

IMG_1327.JPG

Thread Starter #44
24000 Kms
The car has effortlessly taken me to lots of places in the 20 months of ownership.
I have driven 17hrs in a day and the drive has been very comfortable.
Recently i drove to Goa and the car performed superbly,all the bad roads and ghat sections were tackled very smoothly.
Travelogue coming soon[;)]

Thread Starter #45
Google Maps available in Apple Carplay
After the iOS12 update, Google maps have been added to the Apple Carplay.
Using it since 10 days,
Doesnt feel as updated as on your mobile.
Seems like a Gmaps of the 2G era,i guess more App updates will solve this issue in coming months.
Till now happy to have Google Maps on the screen[:D]

Top Bottom