My Beast - Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDi

@surfer how can i improve low speed ride quality?sx4 suspension is super stiff,so bit bouncy ride at low speeds
I guess you are still on the stock JKs. So, you dont have much options buddy. JKs are HARD to say the least, coupled with stiff suspension adds to a bit harsh ride. Only option I see is to get new shoes for your baby. [cheers]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #34

Attachments

lxi.

Suspended
congratulations on your SX4. Looks elegant in silver [:)]. How is the ride on bumpy roads? Any upgrades planned?

Thread Starter #36
thanks buddy! sx4 has stiff suspension,so ride is not good on bumpy roads at low speeds,but if you go fast things change.no upgrades planned for now

Thread Starter #38
mobil1 0w 40 fully synthetic oil was used during first sevice,but maruti recommends mobil super 3000 5w 40 fully synthetic oil,so i put 5w 40 during 2nd service(which is around 200rs less per litre than 0w 40).i noticed reduction in engine sound(but i dont know how as 0w 40 is superior to 5w 40)

Thread Starter #39
Completed 40000 kms in 28 months[:D]
Engine management light is back again. Whenever i accelerate in 4th gear and speedometer hits 100,SVS light flashes,and drop in acceleration,car wont accelerate above 3000rpm. The problem resolves after restarting the engine.
Guys..any suggestion?what would be the culprit?

Completed 40000 kms in 28 months[:D]
Engine management light is back again. Whenever i accelerate in 4th gear and speedometer hits 100,SVS light flashes,and drop in acceleration,car wont accelerate above 3000rpm. The problem resolves after restarting the engine.
Guys..any suggestion?what would be the culprit?
Whenever the Engine lights comes up, have it checked in the service center, it would most probably be an ECU issue, they will correct it for better performance.

On OBD diagnosis,it showed turbo boost pressure high(wastegate solenoid malfunction). It was changed under warranty. But same problem has reappeared again
Time to give work for those work-shop guys, you'll get a mail from MS asking for service feedback, do highlight this point and trust me, those serivce centre people will call you in a jiffy.

Thread Starter #43
Finally the problem is solved[clap]

Replaced VGT turbo under warranty,costs 35k. Swifts FGT costs 15k

Maruti kept my car in service center for a month[lol],they were doing trial and error method replacing various sensors,finally turbo replacement solved the high boost pressure problem

PS: I was given sx4 zdi test drive vehicle by the dealer for personal use[:)]

Thats why maruti still rocks in after sales support

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
Hello guys,
After the 35k worth turbo replacement,here comes another bigger part replaced : complete Transmission Assembly (Gearbox).

There was mild humming noise at the speed of 60 kmph in 5th gear,traced the sound to be from gearbox. Dealer tried very badly to rectify the issue, replaced synchronisers, gear lock etc etc. Still could not solve the issue,maruti sent the expert team and new gearbox was ordered under warranty. Shocking news was maruti did not have spare gearbox in India and it was airlifted from Japan[surprise]

Finally a happy customer of Maruti Suzuki, the service backup is really the best.

PS: Gearbox cost is 68,000 rs plus 14.5% VAT (Replaced under extended warranty)

Top Bottom