My Baby Baleno...

Thread Starter #1
It's been a very long journey. One which started in the third year of my college, mid 2007 i guess was when I wanted to buy a car for me that time my desire was to own a used 800 to get used to driving and then upgrade when I start to earn, typical parents and relatives, why do you need a car now? you can get one when u earn kinda advices. plan dropped for then.

Come 2008, a good deal for another esteem came up, things were almost set up and voila tragedy again, after this i decided not to as for a car again, will start earning and buy myself one was the decision for this i had to wait a painful 2 years, thanks to my pulsar 150...it kept me company where ever i went.

And finally in 2010 I successfully convinced my paents on getting a car and this time they had to give in, Started looking or a used lancer looked for few ones both petrol and diesel either they were not upto my expectation or the budget was not acceptable.

settled on a black lancer in kolkata, the deal was fixed only until the owner postponed it for another 15 days couldn't wait for that long.

ilango got a contact for this baleno on the weekend i was supposed to travel to kolkata. we came to chennai on sunday afternoon in hot sun all the way from pondy to see the car.

usual inspection n stuff. the car was mine the next day. Baleno Lxi. 2005 model, elephant grey 38500 kms on the odo, it needed some amount of work done on it by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so you are the one for whom Ilango was looking for a Lancer in Kolkata! He had shared with us the Kolkata Lancer and he was pretty excited that he was going to drive all way from Kolkata to Pondicherry!

Still anyways Baleno is also a good car. Please share with us some pictures of your car bro!

Even my parents refused to buy a car for me but last year they finally agreed and i bought myself a used Verna Crdi!

Yeah ,
how come i missed this thread.

it was a fine car with shaky wheels .
the tyres were oe one's - yeah they were running them for all the 6 years almost.

Typical dealer attitude - spare tyre was in bad condition - unusable , stereo was katput so was the speakers .

No hard feeling ranjith - car dealer , some other day he may join TAI

the car didnt push well at higher rpm , there was a clutch slippage.

after getting the car , the first thing he did was fixed a component speaker.
boared of radio all the time , we got a verna oe 2 din stereo

after some few weeks , it got my lancer alloys and tyres , it was damn good to see with a subtle looks (will arrange a picture soon)

Later on a sevice - new clutch and release bearing and even cable.
new oils- coolants etc. service was done by me , bill was 9600/-

Off to kanyakumari trip - not me
Satan hit a speed of 150kmph with a weak suspension and worn out lower arm.

The car gave a efficiency of 14.5 max and 11 worst
Lower arm cost was 6000 , so 12K for a pair.
Parallel we set out a ad for its sale.
Suddenly a guy called and fixed the car and now the car is sold out. (No loss no gain)

Now hunting for a car again - no idea what to buy

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
the car was worth the price which it was offered dhaya. pending work was to change the left lower arm and a new set of suspensions, mere 20k put together. however, i went crazy sometime in the middle sold the car last week.

Hmmm how did you choose such a bad car then bro?
Bad car? that was a good one , highly polished and make up cars are priced higher for nothing

its engine and gears were perfect - accident free etc.
I just check them , a fully worn out tyre is better than a half work as we will replace a new one and travel peacefully .[evil]

Top Bottom