My All New Volkswagen Polo

Actually there was only two kinds of AMC
1. 3 year / 45000 KMS costing 19900/-
2. 4 year / 60000 KMS costing 34720/-
The 2 year stuff is a free one which is given to some people as free and have very limited items covered.
Ohh ok.
I thought you got the 'free' AMC for four years.
But you said that the free AMC has lesser items covered? I don't think so because the AMC document is standard irrespective of it being free or not!

Thread Starter #198
@pka11
One can buy AMC anytime before the first service.

@Rightnow
This is what was informed to me by my workshop. They told that free 2 year AMC given with new cars doesn't have all items covered like standard AMC. If you have got the same, please post a details of your AMC document here so that i this point is clarified.

Thread Starter #200
VW organises Summer check up Camp 2013
For Details please visit this link:

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/volks...mmer_camp.html

Another Update:
Also it seems that VW India has included a free service check(General Checkup) @6 Months/7500 kms( whichever is earlier) for new cars purchased now onwards. The remaining service intervals will continue to be the same i.e. 1 year/15000 kms.. This new policy has been put in place with the launch of Polo GT TSI.

This might have done on basis of customer feedback received, since Indian customers are not comfortable with a yearly first service which becomes due only on completion of 1 year/15000 kms. unlike the indian OEM who perform 3 services in the 1st year.

Though as per my own experience i feel that yearly service is one of the good feature of VW Vehicle and i am very much comfortable with the interval and do not see any need of frequent services, since VW uses best quality components in their cars.

Another Update:
Also it seems that VW India has included a free service check(General Checkup) @6 Months/7500 kms( whichever is earlier) for new cars purchased now onwards. The remaining service intervals will continue to be the same i.e. 1 year/15000 kms.. This new policy has been put in place with the launch of Polo GT TSI.

This might have done on basis of customer feedback received, since Indian customers are not comfortable with a yearly first service which becomes due only on completion of 1 year/15000 kms. unlike the indian OEM who perform 3 services in the 1st year.

Though as per my own experience i feel that yearly service is one of the good feature of VW Vehicle and i am very much comfortable with the interval and do not see any need of frequent services, since VW uses best quality components in their cars.
Same here. Even i am more than happy with the once a year visit to the service center. Though i guess there is no harm in getting a check up done in between. I think it is a welcome move from VW considering they have kept it as a free check-up service.

Thread Starter #202
3rd Service Update:
Work carried out:

1.Oil change
2.Oil filter
3. Fuel filter
4. Dust and Pollen filter
5. Air Filter
6. Brake Shoes cleaning
7. Brake Pads cleaning
8. Cleaning

Total Cost is 7 k out of which 2 k is Labour . I have paid Zero(0).

Overall experience is Very Good. You can call me a happy VW customer.

Thread Starter #203
4rth Service Update:
Work carried out:

1.Oil change
2.Oil filter
3. Fuel filter
4. Dust and Pollen filter
5. Air Filter
6. Cleaning
I have paid Zero(0) since it was covered under paid AMC.
Additional work : WA and WB costed me 1070/- which is my first expense in last 4 years.

Alert for AMC customers:
If you have a VW AMC for your vehicle, Please ensure to ask your workshop to complete its formalities before the service day to avoid any displeasure or delay in service. I had to do extra efforts due to this.

Note: VW Andheri workshop is closed for maintainance/change of ownership for last 2-3 months.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #204
My almost 8 year old battery seem to be died today. Need to change it. amaron website shows 45ah battery for polo 1.2 P. Can someone confirm the battery specs for polo petrol 1.2?

My almost 8 year old battery seem to be died today. Need to change it. amaron website shows 45ah battery for polo 1.2 P. Can someone confirm the battery specs for polo petrol 1.2?
Hi Ashikawa

Extremely sorry to see your battery died, but it's good that it lasted for 7+ years with you, that loyal.

Great Ownership review, and hats off to your prediction power that made you take up the 4 year AMC, if I am right, and not the 3 year one.

Was able to do a dipstick review of your ownership review of your Polo 1.2 P, especially your service updates, which is awesome.

Only thing, your first service update showed me the odo reading as 5.3k, whereas the 2nd, 3rd, 4th ones missed this info.

How many kms have you driven till today and how's the FE figures overall ?

Please update us with current satisfaction level and experiences with your Polo, sicne I am a VW fan for its structural integrity and premium feel, however am not able to afford one currently.

BTW I use a 2013 Hyundai Santro Xing Petrol GL Plus version and have done only 32000 kms in the last 5 and a half years till date.

Regards
Kumar

Thread Starter #206
Update on battery.
Got it replaced through batterywale.com(Amron official online potal). Stock battery was 36AH exide battery. New battery is Amron Flo 45AH battery with 24+24 month warranty. Process was Hassel free and took 15 minutes only. Cost 4k with buyback.

Thread Starter #207
Hi Ashikawa

Extremely sorry to see your battery died, but it's good that it lasted for 7+ years with you, that loyal.

Great Ownership review, and hats off to your prediction power that made you take up the 4 year AMC, if I am right, and not the 3 year one.

Was able to do a dipstick review of your ownership review of your Polo 1.2 P, especially your service updates, which is awesome.

Only thing, your first service update showed me the odo reading as 5.3k, whereas the 2nd, 3rd, 4th ones missed this info.

How many kms have you driven till today and how's the FE figures overall ?

Please update us with current satisfaction level and experiences with your Polo, sicne I am a VW fan for its structural integrity and premium feel, however am not able to afford one currently.

BTW I use a 2013 Hyundai Santro Xing Petrol GL Plus version and have done only 32000 kms in the last 5 and a half years till date.

Regards
Kumar
I am extremely happy with the car. Did only 20k till now. Service frequency increased to once in 18- 22 months after first 4 services. Less miles and synthetic oil does the trick. Car runs smooth like new till date. Battery is the only expense I did since I bought the car other than regular services.

Thread Starter #208
So after a long time I am writing in this thread. Didn't update the thread for long time.

Got my Polo serviced(9/10 th service). Polo will be completing 10 years of ownership coming February.

Car is running fine. Only a VW can still be that good @10Y old age. However I didn't crunch high miles( only 21k till now.) Despite facing all the elements of nature no rust/perforation.

Had mouse incident in engine bay but luckily thet didn't chew anything significant except and battery cover sheeth and windshield reservoir cap.

Apart from regular service got alternator belt changed. The original one was in good shape but was making little noise giving indication of being a little loose. This may affect battery charging which in turn can incapacitate the vehicle without any warning.

AC was not cooling properly so got AC gas top up done. Now working fine.

One of the tyres is damaged a little. Looks like some damage while putting the car on/off a trailer while moving house. Out of four strips on tyre one got scrapped. Workshop guys told that it can be used without any issues. Need not change now. Am thinking of keeping that as spare and putting the spare there.

Replaced few clips in engine compartment.( This is a must check for every owner. Just escaped a big incident earlier, when a clip on petrol return pipe gave up and petrol sprayed all over the engine bay. Was escaped unhurt due to alertness.)

Total bill for the service including all above was 10.5k.
Meanwhile bought a Honda Grazia to accompany Polo.

Thread Starter #209
Update

Polo story comes to an end. Almost 13 year with germen engineering. Polo is a Legend. A car built like a tank. Never disappointed. Never left us stranded. Kept us safe and alive. No words can express this great automobile.

Will soon start a thread on my new car. Any Guesses what car it could be?

350Z

Core Team
Polo story comes to an end. Almost 13 year with germen engineering. Polo is a Legend. A car built like a tank. Never disappointed. Never left us stranded. Kept us safe and alive. No words can express this great automobile.
Just as much there are horror stories about VW cars, I see an equal or even greater amount of satisfied owners who can vouch for their quality. It's reassuring to see another one as I've taken the plunge into VAG bandwagon.

Will soon start a thread on my new car. Any Guesses what car it could be?
Volkswagen Virtus?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom