My All New Volkswagen Polo

ashikawa did you got engine oil top up at 7.5K my SA told me to bring the car for oil top up, i asked him for 1 ltr oil so that i can top up myself on 7.5K current level is ok.

Kindly share your experience with us?

Thread Starter #167
ashikawa did you got engine oil top up at 7.5K my SA told me to bring the car for oil top up, i asked him for 1 ltr oil so that i can top up myself on 7.5K current level is ok.

Kindly share your experience with us?
Just park it at a plane place and then check. Every car doesn't need oil top up. My car got serviced(1st) at 6k(1year) kms. itself. How many kms. you have completed as of now. Do you see any significant drop in oil level ?

Just park it at a plane place and then check. Every car doesn't need oil top up. My car got serviced(1st) at 6k(1year) kms. itself. How many kms. you have completed as of now. Do you see any significant drop in oil level ?
Crossed 5400KM mark in approx 70 days from purchase, oil levels are already checked by VW service personals yesterday and they found it ok.

Thread Starter #171
Summer check up camp- 2012

VW-India has introduced "Summer Checkup 2012"

Available till May 31,2012

1. Vent Cooling Check.
2. Poolen filter Check.
3. AC control Check.

Additionally you will get

10% discount on door visors
10% discount on sun control film
10% discount on navigation system
20% discount on 3M car detailing services

Source:Volkswagen Fans Club - Index page

Update: Mobility Max -Details updated on VW India Website.

Mobility Max < Value Adds < Welcome to Volkswagen India

Last edited:
Thread Starter #174
Any info whether its happening all over India simultaneously or city-wise.
Any idea about noida/delhi summer check-up?

I too did not receive formal invitation. But its available across all dealership. You can contact your dealer to get this. Though i am not interested in all this stuff. I don't want any moron to touch my car, till it is compulsory to do so.

I too did not receive formal invitation. But its available across all dealership. You can contact your dealer to get this. Though i am not interested in all this stuff. I don't want any moron to touch my car, till it is compulsory to do so.
yes, of course I will call my dealer.

I think the summer checkup guys would be the same workshop guys, so i can say they would be the same moron who have already touched my car.
Anyways I am interested in this 3M coating, is it worth?
And also the sunfilms offer ain't bad.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #176
yes, of course I will call my dealer.

I think the summer checkup guys would be the same workshop guys, so i can say they would be the same moron who have already touched my car.
Anyways I am interested in this 3M coating, is it worth?
And also the sunfilms offer ain't bad.
Yeah, you will get this summer check up thing at VW workshop.

Ask them what is their price after discount for 3M coating. Then directly go to 3M and negotiate and get it done at the same price. Getting it done directly at 3M in your presence will give better results. Though IMO VW doesn't require all this treatments. What is the use of paint/anti corrision warranty if we need to do all this stuff.

I found VW dealers are always more interested in all this stuff like polish/wax/underbody/3M instead of regular work.[anger]

..Though IMO VW doesn't require all this treatments. What is the use of paint/anti corrision warranty if we need to do all this stuff.
Even I thought so. But I saw in another polo thread about 3M being useful for keeping the shine intact. I don't know if I should go for it.

..I found VW dealers are always more interested in all this stuff like polish/wax/underbody/3M instead of regular work.[anger]
Yea, they have tried to sell this to me once or twice, and would say I said just clean it properly buddy and no polish would be required[:)]

Still lets see what summer camp is up to, may be some really genuine observation on my car comes out, who knows..

Yeah i too got a letter of summer camp from my dealer a week ago and i was free for a day or two so i immediately booked a appointment next day and took my car to the garage. While looking at the letter i was also tempted by the 3M body treatment at 20% off so i asked about the same to the receptionist and all of a sudden she more than ready to get my car treated at Summer Camp , after some smooth talk i found out that 3M polish cost price actually beared by dealer is around 560-590 INR and sales person (or whoever "gets" you for polishing gets Rs 90 per car) so rest of around 500-600 is dealer's profit ; so some of the fellow board members are right that they (dealers) are more interested in getting you to spend some more money rather than doing that camp stuff.
Well anyways i met the 3M guy instructed him and they promised to give me my car back after 5-6 hours.
When i came back i must frankly say that there was not much difference in shine of the car except the tires were clean or dressed. Car body was little slippery (Indicating polished surface) i also spilled some water to check that and water rolled down the surface as on lotus leaves.
So there was NO visible change in shine but i suppose it adds a protective layer against dust and stuff our cars have to tolerate in our cities and in long runs. And my wallet was a little lighter by the bill of around 1210 INR.
So the crux of this is polish will not add anything new to your car's shine and appearance but a coating will help to sustain the paint and surface of your car and it also becomes easier to clean afterwards. And yes they also serviced my car cuz i can feel the difference in shifting and breaking after driving away from service center. I can't say anything about AC because it was already working fine.

Even I thought so. But I saw in another polo thread about 3M being useful for keeping the shine intact. I don't know if I should go for it.

Yea, they have tried to sell this to me once or twice, and would say I said just clean it properly buddy and no polish would be required[:)]

Still lets see what summer camp is up to, may be some really genuine observation on my car comes out, who knows..

... i must frankly say that there was not much difference in shine of the car except the tires were clean or dressed. Car body was little slippery (Indicating polished surface) i also spilled some water to check that and water rolled down the surface as on lotus leaves.
So there was NO visible change in shine but i suppose it adds a protective layer against dust and stuff our cars have to tolerate in our cities and in long runs.
A protective or greasy layer is also not a bad idea either, if it prevents accumulation of tar/dust on car body. I might go for it. Thanks for the info buddy.

Top Bottom