My All New Volkswagen Polo

350Z

Core Team
Good news- Update on extended Warranty

A good new for all Polo seekers/ owners.

Extended warranty is made available by VW for Polo and Vento. The cost is as under:

Polo (Petrol) - 7199
Polo (Diesel) - 7899

Vento (Petrol) - 10599
Vento (Diesel) - 11199

This applicable for further 2 years with 1,00,000 kms, whichever is earlier. So now one can avail a standard + extended warranty of 2+2 years or 1,00,000 kms. whichever is earlier. The same has been confirmed with VW Cochin over telephone. They informed that warranty has been made available this week.
Thanks for the prompt updates. Much appreciated. :smile: It’s a useful move by Volkswagen to further strengthen their image in country. Hope you must be opting one for Polo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #32
cooldhaya said:
BTW this AMC does not cover accidental repairs or broken parts right?
Yes it will not. But the same can be covered by a good insurance and warranty, which is now extendable upto 4 years.

Thanks for the prompt updates. Much appreciated. :smile: It’s a useful move by Volkswagen to further strengthen their image in country. Hope you must be opting one for Polo.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Definately yes. I am going to opt for both extended warranty and AMC. It will give peace of mind.

Now one more UPDATE

It came to my notice that for existing customers, extended warranty option will be availble for a limited period only but as of now i don't know any concreate date. Will update the forum as soon as i get a confirmation from the dealer.

I don think VW will do that , its the right of the customer to get the extended warranty whenever he wishes to , it can also be bought after the warranty gets over after 2 years.

Thread Starter #34
I don think VW will do that , its the right of the customer to get the extended warranty whenever he wishes to , it can also be bought after the warranty gets over after 2 years.
I also hope so. Only thing is the warranty get costlier depending on when you opt for it as per the common practice here in india by other carmakers. BTW at least they are offering it to the existing customers. I heard that Skoda shield , which includes extended warranty is only available to new customers.

Thread Starter #35
My All New Volkswagen Polo- FE Report

Mileage Report of my polo tested by tankful method for 390 kms. with driving condition druing my trip from mumbai to mahabaleshwar.

Total Kms. 390 Fuel consumed 26.75 ltr. FE- 14.57 kmpl with all the time AC ON

186 kms Expressway 80-100 kmph
53 kms Ghat section going up 2nd, 3rd gear 20-30 kmph
33 kms Ghat section going down 5th gear 50-70 kmph
54 kms Extreme Ghat section 1,2,3rd gear 20-30 kmph
64 kms City driving in mumbai with medium trafic and B2B trafic and inside mahabaleshwar city at 30-40kmph speed.

Thread Starter #37
14.57 kmpl is not bad Ashikawa. Keep writing about things you come across with your Polo.
This week i am going to pune. So my trip will almost cover 450 kms. Now the car has clocked 1050 kms so i think this time i may get better FE. Also now i am getting more understanding of my cars character. So in coming days i will be able to get better outputs.

Another Update is that AMC is also available for polo. This AMC will cover routine compulsory services i.e. 15-30-45-60 kms. or 1-2-3-4 year whichever is ealier. The AMC for 3 year will cost 19900- and for 4 years it will cost 34072- . I am yet to get complete details of scope of coverage under the AMC. But what is clear that it will cover oil, labour, compulsory parts replacement such as spark plugs, brake pads, various kinds of filters etc.

I will post the details as soon as i get it.
***EDIT*** The extended warranty option for existing customers is only available upto 31st of August 2011.

This week i am going to pune. So my trip will almost cover 450 kms. Now the car has clocked 1050 kms so i think this time i may get better FE. Also now i am getting more understanding of my cars character. So in coming days i will be able to get better outputs.

Another Update is that AMC is also available for polo. This AMC will cover routine compulsory services i.e. 15-30-45-60 kms. or 1-2-3-4 year whichever is ealier. The AMC for 3 year will cost 19900- and for 4 years it will cost 34072- . I am yet to get complete details of scope of coverage under the AMC. But what is clear that it will cover oil, labour, compulsory parts replacement such as spark plugs, brake pads, various kinds of filters etc.

I will post the details as soon as i get it.
***EDIT*** The extended warranty option for existing customers is only available upto 31st of August 2011.
I am sure people owning VW cars are reading this and taking a note of the date for better support from VW.

I want to ask a question to Ashikawa, did you happen to calculate amount you would be paying towards AMC vs actuals at the time of different stages of service like oil change, filters, labour and other mandatory changes in due course of time. Is there any gain by taking the AMC or it is the same ?

Thread Starter #39
I am sure people owning VW cars are reading this and taking a note of the date for better support from VW.

I want to ask a question to Ashikawa, did you happen to calculate amount you would be paying towards AMC vs actuals at the time of different stages of service like oil change, filters, labour and other mandatory changes in due course of time. Is there any gain by taking the AMC or it is the same ?
I have enquired with VW workshop and still to get the details though i found this service bill on some other site for first service of Polo 1.6
Dust and Pollen filter (A/C) replacement - Rs 667.24
Oil Filter Replacement - Rs 416.24
Fuel Filter Replacement - Rs 413.05
Air Filter Replacement - Rs 714.90
Drain Plug Replacement - Rs 50.52
Gasket Replacement (Possibly filter gasket) - Rs 97.75
Coolant (topped up and the bottle given for future topups) - Rs 486.48
Windshield Washer Fluid (topped up and btoole given for future use) - Rs 196.42
Wheel Balancing Weights - Rs 720.10
Engine Oil (4 liters used + 1 liter sealed bottle given for 250 ml top up after a week) - Rs 4850.03
Labour charge - Rs 1559.66.
Total bill - Rs 10,172

Here i would like to mention that wheel ballancing and one extra litre of engine oil, coolant etc. if removed from the total cost than it will come down to 8000.

Another polo bill comes to around 7900/- (Diesel)A vento owner friend reported as 7500/- for first service(TDI).

So one thing is clear that 3 year AMC @ 19900 is a good option. Your average cost comes to 6630/- per year. And the service cost will also go up with time, so better to opt for one now.
I trying to get the details of 4rth service as it alone is around 14k. I think some kind of compulsory replacemnts should be there. Once things are clear than i will go for 3/4 year AMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you go ahead with the AMC and extended warranty Ashikawa. One added advantage with this scheme is that the dealer can't take you for a ride!

Thread Starter #41
I would suggest you go ahead with the AMC and extended warranty Ashikawa. One added advantage with this scheme is that the dealer can't take you for a ride!
It seems you read my mind. The difference in bills across the dealers and variants clearly indicates that it will be much safer to go for an extended warranty + AMC. With 4 year AMC one need not worry about the possible expenses as the routine service is hassle free till your car celebrates her 6th birthday and for the first 4 years no worries of any defective(read as expensive) part replacement. Now i am just indecisive about going for 3 or 4 year AMC.

Though i like to share some unofficial details about 3 year AMC found on facebook:

The 3 year AMC costing Rs 19900/- is divided in two major part - Periodic Maintenance & Running Repair
Periodic Maintenance @ 15000 K.M or 1 year which is earlier / @ every 15000 KM interval or 1 year which is earlier
1. Labour = 1
2. Lubricants @ 15000 K.M or 1 year which is earlier
a. Engine Oil (lit) = 3.0
3. Filter @ 15000 K.M or 1 year which is earlier
a. Engine Oil Filter / Drain plug with seal = 1
b. Air filter = 1
c. Pollen (Micro) filter = 1
d. Spark Plug = 0*
* @ 30000 K.M or 2 year which is earlier
Running Repair @ 15000 K.M or 1 year which is earlier / @ every 15000 KM interval or 1 year which is earlier
1. Brakes
a. Front - Break pad set of 4 front = 0*
b. Rear ? Break shoe set of 4 rear = 0*
* @ 30000 K.M or 2 year which is earlier

All other expanses including consumable which are not mentioned in above table will be paid by customer.
This offer includes the labour charges for the various jobs mentioned in the scope of work above.
Any additional services / maintenance required between the prescribed interval of 15000 KM will be at the customer cost.

I am awaiting official details of both 3 and 4 year AMC from my dealership.

I request experts to shed more light on this.

I have enquired with VW workshop and still to get the details though i found this service bill on some other site for first service of Polo 1.6
Dust and Pollen filter (A/C) replacement - Rs 667.24
Oil Filter Replacement - Rs 416.24
Fuel Filter Replacement - Rs 413.05
Air Filter Replacement - Rs 714.90
Drain Plug Replacement - Rs 50.52
Gasket Replacement (Possibly filter gasket) - Rs 97.75
Coolant (topped up and the bottle given for future topups) - Rs 486.48
Windshield Washer Fluid (topped up and btoole given for future use) - Rs 196.42
Wheel Balancing Weights - Rs 720.10
Engine Oil (4 liters used + 1 liter sealed bottle given for 250 ml top up after a week) - Rs 4850.03
Labour charge - Rs 1559.66.
Total bill - Rs 10,172

Here i would like to mention that wheel ballancing and one extra litre of engine oil, coolant etc. if removed from the total cost than it will come down to 8000.

Another polo bill comes to around 7900/- (Diesel)A vento owner friend reported as 7500/- for first service(TDI).

So one thing is clear that 3 year AMC @ 19900 is a good option. Your average cost comes to 6630/- per year. And the service cost will also go up with time, so better to opt for one now.
I trying to get the details of 4rth service as it alone is around 14k. I think some kind of compulsory replacemnts should be there. Once things are clear than i will go for 3/4 year AMC.=
Great detailed analysis. This is what i call a sensable move. Go on man and grab it. [thumbsup]

It seems you read my mind. The difference in bills across the dealers and variants clearly indicates that it will be much safer to go for an extended warranty + AMC. With 4 year AMC one need not worry about the possible expenses as the routine service is hassle free till your car celebrates her 6th birthday and for the first 4 years no worries of any defective(read as expensive) part replacement. Now i am just indecisive about going for 3 or 4 year AMC.
Are you sure about the 6 years thing. Because generally it is 2+2 years. 2 years normal warrenty and 2 for the extended one.

Please put more light on it. Others please share your thoughts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashikawa, nice set of floor mats. However i feel you will have a tough time maintaining them during rains.

Top Bottom