My All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire ZDi (AGS): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #91
Not to worry, it is Maruti and it’s definitely cheaper than other brands. You can find any part for your Maruti FRONT DOOR LOCK for MARUTI SUZUKI SWIFT DZIRE 3rd GEN (03.2017-NOW) ZDI AT 4DR 1.3L (DIESEL) (03.2017-NOW)on boodmo. Here are the parts for Dzire’s front door. It is costing 1330/- for the entire door latch assembly. It is only a convenience feature so get it changed in the next service.

And I also think that you must be aware of the new theft. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/200512-new-theft-town-door-lock-sensors.html

Hey thanks for the links. I am planning to visit MASS for my 60K service this week and get these things resolved. I will be forcing them to replace the clutch assy as it is uncomfortable most of the times during inclines, it judders profusely.

Thread Starter #92
I did the 60k service. Following items were done
1) Engine oil+filter with liqui moly engine flush before refill

2) Air and Fuel Filter replacement
3) Brakes overhaul (without replacing the brake pads, they were still good), this also included brake oil change+ air bleeding
4) Intercooler cleaning
Total bill was around 8.5k. The SA said that the brake bleeding will also lessen the clutch juddering as it uses the same brake oil for hydraulics. Indeed the juddering is much less, but he said that you will have to get the clutch system replaced sooner or later, he estimated the cost to be around 11k which I think is an absurd charge. I am thinking to call up tuneup plus at baner. But I am not sure if they have replaced clutch system on AMT vehicles as yet. Will check with other MASS if the cost is any lesser.

The cost is right i believe . In Suzuki's AMT , it isn't a cumbersome step for automatic's clutch change. The mechanical elements are same as in suzukis manual ones. Just the thing that the AMT has a programmed sensor module.
The cost is same as maintaining a diesel automatic.

Thread Starter #94
The cost is right i believe . In Suzuki's AMT , it isn't a cumbersome step for automatic's clutch change. The mechanical elements are same as in suzukis manual ones. Just the thing that the AMT has a programmed sensor module.
The cost is same as maintaining a diesel automatic.
Agreed and yes I know that but the problem is, are the FNG's competent enough to pull out the AMT rig and put it back in after the clutch overhaul without anything going wrong?

Indeed the juddering is much less, but he said that you will have to get the clutch system replaced sooner or later, he estimated the cost to be around 11k which I think is an absurd charge.
Price is more or less correct even for manual QJD cars Clutch replacement takes similar amount including labour charges.

Agreed and yes I know that but the problem is, are the FNG's competent enough to pull out the AMT rig and put it back in after the clutch overhaul without anything going wrong?
Not at all a big deal. Any one who can change a manual clutch can replace the clutch of an AMT. I have already got my Celerio clutch replaced. I have also supervised the work. Make sure that there are no leaks from the transmission after they fit back the tranny unit (after clutch replacement). Nothing electronic tuning is required. It's an old school manual tranny setup. If you are worried about the AMT unit, don't worry they won't touch that at all. They will just put it in neutral, disconnect the battery and change the clutch. There is nothing that can go wrong. The mechanic just have to fix back everything properly with sealent and required torque to the screws.

I did the 60k service. Following items were done
1) Engine oil+filter with liqui moly engine flush before refill

2) Air and Fuel Filter replacement
3) Brakes overhaul (without replacing the brake pads, they were still good), this also included brake oil change+ air bleeding
4) Intercooler cleaning
Total bill was around 8.5k. The SA said that the brake bleeding will also lessen the clutch juddering as it uses the same brake oil for hydraulics. Indeed the juddering is much less, but he said that you will have to get the clutch system replaced sooner or later, he estimated the cost to be around 11k which I think is an absurd charge. I am thinking to call up tuneup plus at baner. But I am not sure if they have replaced clutch system on AMT vehicles as yet. Will check with other MASS if the cost is any lesser.
Maruti have sold more than 3 lakh AMT cars and cars like my Celerio and Alto looses it's clutch every 10-15k KMS and people get the clutch changed on a regular basis. I am sure that your MASS would have changed many AMT clutches by now.

Hi fusion_defusion, I wanted to ask you whether you have faced any issues with push button start system till date ?Because I have come across an issue in MASS where a Brezza with push button system failed to turn off the engine. The issue is that the engine gets started but won’t get stopped upon pressing the button.

So the Brezza being a manual, the owner used the clutch and break simultaneously to stop the engine and got the car to MASS and reciprocated the same to my SA. And they had to replace the entire module costing 10,500₹. If the same happens in an AMT car then how to stop the car ? Any idea ?

Thread Starter #101
Price is more or less correct even for manual QJD cars Clutch replacement takes similar amount including labour charges.
I see, I think I will get it done soon, till now after the brake bleeding it has contained the judder a little bit. So will go for clutch change pretty soon.
How much mileage drop is there?
No mileage drop at all so far.
Not at all a big deal. Any one who can change a manual clutch can replace the clutch of an AMT. I have already got my Celerio clutch replaced. I have also supervised the work. Make sure that there are no leaks from the transmission after they fit back the tranny unit (after clutch replacement). Nothing electronic tuning is required. It's an old school manual tranny setup. If you are worried about the AMT unit, don't worry they won't touch that at all. They will just put it in neutral, disconnect the battery and change the clutch. There is nothing that can go wrong. The mechanic just have to fix back everything properly with sealent and required torque to the screws.
Ok if it aint that tough I might go for FNG let me talk to tuneup plus at baner and get a quote from them.
Maruti have sold more than 3 lakh AMT cars and cars like my Celerio and Alto looses it's clutch every 10-15k KMS and people get the clutch changed on a regular basis. I am sure that your MASS would have changed many AMT clutches by now.
Yes MASS i have no doubt they will do it properly i was asking about the FNG if they can do it easily as well.
Hi fusion_defusion, I wanted to ask you whether you have faced any issues with push button start system till date ?Because I have come across an issue in MASS where a Brezza with push button system failed to turn off the engine. The issue is that the engine gets started but won’t get stopped upon pressing the button.

So the Brezza being a manual, the owner used the clutch and break simultaneously to stop the engine and got the car to MASS and reciprocated the same to my SA. And they had to replace the entire module costing 10,500₹. If the same happens in an AMT car then how to stop the car ? Any idea ?
No, fortunately the push button start is ok as of now. The only thing which does not work is the driver side door access switch. MASS says that you will have to buy the complete assy and get the door handle painted as well total cost will be around 4k. I am not getting it done as I use my kebfob to open the door now.

Yes MASS i have no doubt they will do it properly i was asking about the FNG if they can do it easily as well.
I wouldn't recommend FNG buddy (I am not against FNG either, I used to maintain my Ford 1.4 TDCI at a known garage who is an expert in dealing with Ford and VAG cars and he used to do it for cheap and a clean job that is very professional, he was a 60 year old man who used to work for Benz in the past and as he passed away recently, since then I was left with no choice to get my car done ASC.
If he was alive today, I wouldn't have sold my GT TDI for what VW did to my engine. Because that's confidence I have on that man, similarly if you have that confidence then you can go with FNG
). And with MASS there won't be a huge difference in price for this kind of a job. And they work on the same engine day in day out and they can also do it faster and with perfection. They will have the parts and transmission oil readily too. And they also know the quantity of oil to put in and the amount of torque needs to be given on each screw. Because over tightening of screws can also cause silicon based sealent to leak oil. Recently my celerios oil filter was tightened more at a dealer by a mechanic with whom I am not familiar with. So upon leakage, I got it replaced at my known dealer and mechanic. It was difficult for him to unscrew the Oil filter and there are no signs of crack on O-ring or visible signs of rubber seal that can cause an oil leak. It was purely due to over tightening than recommended.

And your car is only 2 years old, assuming that you are having extended warranty on your vehicle I wouldn't suggest you to go FNG route.

The same happened with my cousin's 2015 Celerio.His also white coloured one and VXI AMT.He got the clutch replaced at Kalyani Motors,Hyderabad and it had happened when the odo was around 12000 Kms.This happened in April 2018 and after driving for nearly 2000 Kms,he said there are no issues at all.Yesterday,he drove a Nexon Diesel AMT and said that,the AMT in Nexon is way better than my Celerio.

BTW,where is your FNG you mentioned in Hyderabad?

The same happened with my cousin's 2015 Celerio.His also white coloured one and VXI AMT.He got the clutch replaced at Kalyani Motors,Hyderabad and it had happened when the odo was around 12000 Kms.This happened in April 2018 and after driving for nearly 2000 Kms,he said there are no issues at all.Yesterday,he drove a Nexon Diesel AMT and said that,the AMT in Nexon is way better than my Celerio.

BTW,where is your FNG you mentioned in Hyderabad?
Yeah, they fail like clock work around 10k Kms starting with juddering. And imo, any AMT other the alto/Celerio is much better to drive. Being a petrol and lack of low end torque is a big problem in K10s. And the FNG that I mentioned is located on Moosapet main road, Bhavani Nagar, beside SBI bank.

Thread Starter #105
Back with an update!. Since past several days the caliper pin noise was bothering me a lot. Since recently I did a brake overhaul and the pin noise was back after 1-2 k kms of running. So i decided to replace the caliper pins. Went to a MASS near my office and the caliper pins were in stock. So i decided to go with the plan of changing them. To my horror the LHS brakepad was consumed fully:eek:. So i told him to replace RHS and LHS along with the caliper pins. Total cost including the labor was 2300 (1570 for the pads, 430 for both side pins and 300 labor). The braking obviously is good as new and also those weird sounds have gone when you drive over a pot hole with a dry caliper pin. Hope this expenditure will last for at least 20-30k kms.

The cost of clutch overhaul he said will be to the tune of 10k. He said you can still juice this clutch for another 10k kms as the juddering is not severe.

Top Bottom