My All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire ZDi (AGS): Ownership Review

Thread Starter #17
Congrats fusion_defusion on your buy! AMT is just fab for traffic situations. Moreover, I drove mine (ALTO K10 AMT) to hilly roads - faced no issues during up drive (used manual mode for some parts) and also on Delhi-Lucknow highway at 100+ km/h and its really fun to drive. So its a good combo, pleasure of same drivability as manual (no compromise on power) with AMT.
To prevent floor carpet from Mud either get 3D floor mats designed specifically for Dzire, it covers the exposed carpet area or get the floor laminated.
Thanks. I will see if 3d floor mats work for me. The AMT is a real life saver, with days passing by the experience is getting better and better.

Thread Starter #18
2nd Free service done at 5k Kms. Cost 0. Issues None so far. Car has clocked 7100KM and long term average is close to around 21.7. I still have to buy those 3d mats the floor is really dirty i need to get the inside wash before i can put those mats. This is the only drawback of Beige flooring, it looks dirty too soon.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks Everyone for you wishes. I anyone is looking for opting in for an auto i suggest go for AMT versions as they are basically the MT's but the shift is done by actuators.

Thread Starter #22
7000 Kms Update:
I have noticed a few issues.
1. The driver seat has something wrong which is causing a "choo choo" sound. It's sound is similar like getting up from a sofa which has springs inside.
2. The rear door's rubber gasket(don't know the technical name) is producing some sound, i applied some vaseline jelly to it but it resurfaces after the vaseline runs dry.

Apart from these 2 issues the car is running fine. I talked to the dealer about both points and he told me that he will fix it in the 3rd free service. Till that time I will go with the Vaseline formula. But again, I am thinking this should not do worse.

congrats fusion defusion. AMT is good alternative to full automatic set up. Happy munching miles and put up more photos of it.

Thread Starter #24
Thankyou. Sure i will click some more photos. Planning to give her a inside out bath tomorrow. Monsoon has just bid farewell I hope it doesn't rains again.

Thread Starter #25
9763 Kms done. 3rd free checkup this Sunday. Oil change and wheel alignment/balancing on the cards.Well, after going over the Mineral Vs Synthetic oil thread, I am thinking to stay with the MGP grade oil. Have not seen someone achieving a leap after switching to Synthetic.

Thread Starter #26
3rd Free inspection done. Engine oil and filter changed. They were pressing on doing the wheel a/b but i prefer to do it outside as their charges are too steep. All the issues regarding the door trim are gone. May be a placebo effect but i feel after oil change the engine is running much smoother.

Total Cost of Change
1. Engine oil with filter-1640+390
2. Radiator Overflow tank coolant top up- 70(I think it was way too high but didn't contest the price, they may have only poured 100-150 ml that's it)
3. Windshield Washer concentrate-150
Total =2250

Thread Starter #27
RL Side bumper dimpled!! a motorist rear-ended in B2B traffic situation. He revved a tad hard and bang!!. Thinking of removing it by "DIY" using warm air/hot water method has anyone tried it? I will post a pic tomorrow to give you guys an idea.

Car has clocked over 11K now KMPL stands at 22.2 on MID.

Hi Fusion_Defusion, I own a Celerio AMT and an ex-owner of Swift Diesel. I bought Celerio AMT for my wife as she is new to driving. I sometimes feel AMT very irritating in bumper to bumper traffic. This could be due to low torque availability in 998cc petrol, while inching forward at crawling speeds the car jerks like crazy and feels as if it is lacking the power. And sometimes when I needed to fill the gap in a slow moving traffic, the car moves ahead fast and I have to use brakes a lot to control the car. I hope this is the behaviour of the petrol motor in celerio and I am thinking it wouldn't be same in a diesel as diesels won't jump when releasing the clutch and they also have high torque availability. And in Manual mode I can say that AMT shifts faster than a DSG, it's a breeze to drive an AMT in manual mode.

So do you face the same issues with your Diesel AMT ? If no, then I would happily go ahead and buy the 2017 Swift Diesel AMT in 2018. As the growing city traffic is ruining my driving experience and it is stressful for the brain after a days work and also inducing pain in my left leg. I wanted an Automatic Diesel hatchback which is not only economical but also reliable. And at the moment we have AMEO TDI DSG and 2017 Dzire AMT. AMEO TDI DSG is a fabulous car to drive but I am scared that it would empty my bank account in the long run.

RL Side bumper dimpled!! a motorist rear-ended in B2B traffic situation. He revved a tad hard and bang!!. Thinking of removing it by "DIY" using warm air/hot water method has anyone tried it? I will post a pic tomorrow to give you guys an idea.

Car has clocked over 11K now KMPL stands at 22.2 on MID.
I have used hot water and car mobile holder as suction cup to remove the dent. It did not work for me as it is a hard dent. A soft dent could be removed easily.

Hi Fusion_Defusion, I own a Celerio AMT and an ex-owner of Swift Diesel. I bought Celerio AMT for my wife as she is new to driving. I sometimes feel AMT very irritating in bumper to bumper traffic. This could be due to low torque availability in 998cc petrol, while inching forward at crawling speeds the car jerks like crazy and feels as if it is lacking the power. And sometimes when I needed to fill the gap in a slow moving traffic, the car moves ahead fast and I have to use brakes a lot to control the car. I hope this is the behaviour of the petrol motor in celerio and I am thinking it wouldn't be same in a diesel as diesels won't jump when releasing the clutch and they also have high torque availability. And in Manual mode I can say that AMT shifts faster than a DSG, it's a breeze to drive an AMT in manual mode.

So do you face the same issues with your Diesel AMT ? If no, then I would happily go ahead and buy the 2017 Swift Diesel AMT in 2018. As the growing city traffic is ruining my driving experience and it is stressful for the brain after a days work and also inducing pain in my left leg. I wanted an Automatic Diesel hatchback which is not only economical but also reliable. And at the moment we have AMEO TDI DSG and 2017 Dzire AMT. AMEO TDI DSG is a fabulous car to drive but I am scared that it would empty my bank account in the long run.
I may have answer to your questions because I own a Zest AMT & a Celerio AMT. Celerio is for my wife but I also drive it frequently (have driven it more than 1000 kms till date). Zest, being my primary vehicle has been driven for over 73k kms in my over 2 yrs of ownership (all by me). There is definitely a difference between the two vehicle but AMT is AMT and the typical characteristics it has are irrespective of the engine type. Below are my observations:
a) Celerio hunts for gears more frequently because of a smaller engine while Zest cruises in 3rd in mild to medium traffic
b) Both the cars are equally annoying in b2b traffic. However, after driving AMT for over 2 years, I am now used to it
c) Filling gaps is relatively easier (not faster but comfortable) with Zest because of the tremendous torque that it offers.
d) Don't expect anything from Zest or Celerio if you drive pedal to metal. Both with annoy you (Zest being a little better here)
e) The creep function available in celerio is actually good as it helps avoid the binary acceleration that you get in zest

Manual mode in AMT is equally good in both the cars, it gives you best of both the worlds. If you are a sedate driver, then only go for AMT otherwise you will not feel satisfied.

Top Bottom