My Alabaster Silver Honda Brio VMT: First on TAI

Hi guyz,

I hd booked a Brio and delivery is on Wednesday (i.e 18/04/2012) frm White Field Honda Bangalore.

I have a doubt. will the dealer allow to do a PDI ourself or atleast basic checks before registration. Pls reply me fast.

Regards,
Pavithra

Hi guyz,

I hd booked a Brio and delivery is on Wednesday (i.e 18/04/2012) frm White Field Honda Bangalore.

I have a doubt. will the dealer allow to do a PDI ourself or atleast basic checks before registration. Pls reply me fast.

Regards,
Pavithra
Until & unless car is registered in your name you can say no. Don't worry just take someone exp along with you and do a PDI before signing any papers. I did same when I took the delivery of my Honda Brio last month. You can found about the make by decoding chassis number. My brio was made in March itself :)

Thread Starter #48
Hi, jazzy..
its been 4 months since i got my honda brio and was one of the first 10 in the country to own one. i have driven my brio around 4500 kms with average of 16.8-17 on highway and 13.5-13.9 in city (mumbai traffic [:)]) so i think Brio is a nice car for city as well as highway as far as mileage is concerned..!!
Congrats, thats great FE figures...our Brio is mainly driven by our driver.I take it out on weekends. We are at around 10 currently

Congrats Jazzy, your Brio is looking stunning nice color choice wishing you and your family many happy miles in this beauty.

Thread Starter #50
Okay Guys,

Just completed the 1st Service of the brio. Cost was zero as its a free service. Time taken 3 hours! Car has done just about 350kms in the first month & FE levels around 10.
AC is decent even in this blistering heat & considering the fact that it has a lot of glass.
No complaints or niggles as of now. Got the chrome door protectors installed too which was pending from the dealers end. Will put put the pics in some time.
The servcing was done from Pinnacle Honda & not from Eastern Honda(from where we brought the car) as the latters workshop was quite far away.

The steering in the Brio is actually like a go-kart....lane changing even at speeds is butter smooth...zipping in & out of traffic is it's forte!!!

Okay Guys,

Just completed the 1st Service of the brio. Cost was zero as its a free service. Time taken 3 hours! Car has done just about 350kms in the first month & FE levels around 10.
AC is decent even in this blistering heat & considering the fact that it has a lot of glass.
No complaints or niggles as of now. Got the chrome door protectors installed too which was pending from the dealers end. Will put put the pics in some time.
The servcing was done from Pinnacle Honda & not from Eastern Honda(from where we brought the car) as the latters workshop was quite far away.

The steering in the Brio is actually like a go-kart....lane changing even at speeds is butter smooth...zipping in & out of traffic is it's forte!!!
Hope FE increases after service but chances are less as they are only doing checkup and cleaning in the first service.

I am giving for servicing tomorrow, lets hope they can the slow cooling AC.

Hi, jazzy..
its been 4 months since i got my honda brio and was one of the first 10 in the country to own one. i have driven my brio around 4500 kms with average of 16.8-17 on highway and 13.5-13.9 in city (mumbai traffic [:)]) so i think Brio is a nice car for city as well as highway as far as mileage is concerned..!!
Why don't you write a ownership report of your car it will be so very helpfull for every 1 here.[:)]

hello all Brio owners,

This is Ashwin from pune, got the delivery of BRIO-SMOT yesterday..The look of BRIO is awesome. easy driving. current FE - 11/litre

only prob i came across. while driving i feel its bit hard to shift to second gear. bit of a sound also.
Any one have the same experience while driving ? Or its due to my bad driving skills ? :)
Have also read regarding the same issue from other BRIO owners. (different forums)
do share your experience.

Thanks
Ashwin,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #54
Hi aswpat,
I would rather say that the noise in gear changing is more in jazz & city than in Brio, try changing more slowly & see if it goes away.

Re: Honda Brio VMT Test Drive

Thanks point_city96,
Ride quality is a slight issue with all Honda cars as they are slightly stiffly sprung & you can hear the suspension working in brio jazz & city as well. Yes, I do like my car to be fully loaded as far as possible because I have to live with it for the next 3-4years!
The S (O)MT is a better value for money overall & that's why the VMT is generally available in showrooms.
Frankly speaking, I need to spend more time with the Brio before I pass any long lasting comment viz e viz the jazz. Moreover since I drive all the time I will be able to comment from a drivers perspective only. Jazz with its 15 inch alloys is a size bigger than the Brio's 14inchers. Time will tell & I shall get back to you on this buddy [thumbsup]
Could you please throw more light on the ride quality? Whenever I ask for test drive they are providing only showroom test drive where they have good roads. I would like to know if its better than i10 or Ritz. How do you feel bumps, potholes etc in low and high speeds?

It would be of great help if you provide more details

Thread Starter #56
Terrafield,
having spent over a month now in the Brio I can tell you it can take some punishment for sure. Roads in kolkata offer lots of varieties of punishments for cars & the Brio is surprisingly doing quite well in fact. I can't say about the ritz but definately better than i-10, maybe because thats a tallboy design & this is more planted on to the ground. Vertical movements are less in Brio. And it feels like a toy car, actually you can zip zap zoom in brio without batting an eyelid.

Congrats my dear friend.[clap]
So another member from Honda family.
Your garage should be a Honda show room now [:D]

Nice color selection.
Which one do you like it more for driving and for the comfort?

Thread Starter #58
well guess what, I told my bro to opt for a 2nd hand city if possible as he shall start working from next year...that'll sum it up for sure :)

Well for ease of driving its the Brio hands down. Jazz is more sophisticated upmarket n all but for pure ease of driving, brio for sure. Ride too I'd say Brio is maybe a shade better than the jazz.But overall qualtiy, interiors, features, space, jazz beats brio, its a no brainer!

Terrafield,
having spent over a month now in the Brio I can tell you it can take some punishment for sure. Roads in kolkata offer lots of varieties of punishments for cars & the Brio is surprisingly doing quite well in fact. I can't say about the ritz but definately better than i-10, maybe because thats a tallboy design & this is more planted on to the ground. Vertical movements are less in Brio. And it feels like a toy car, actually you can zip zap zoom in brio without batting an eyelid.
Thanks for the info Jazzy..sorry I forgot to congratulate for your new car.... thats a valuable input. as many people were complaining about Brio's ride quality but there is a catch. People who complain about Brio's ride quality are referring to high speed ride (> 80 kmph) but they are not mentioning low speed ride quality which is what we need for city usage

I assume you are referring to low speed ride quality. Any idea if you can the compare the ride quality with new swift?

Top Bottom