My 93 Italian Horses

Thread Starter #16
I did an ehaustive PDI of my beloved car at the factory warehouse at Kalyan. I took with me a friend who himself drives a Punto Multijet. The guys there were very helpful and mention must be made of one Mr. Vijay Kadam who cooperated well.
Thanks to theautomotiveindia, I had a handy printout of the checklist. Once I was thoroughly satisfied I clicked a few pictures as well. My only grouse is that they had provided Apollo 195 tyres on the car. I was expecting Goodyear at least.
Btw mark the "H" on the display monitor. That "H" disappears permanently after 200km. This is a proof that the odometer has not been tampered with.
Did I miss anything?[confused]

Attachments

To summarize with an analogy of Harry Potter's wand "The driver does not choose the car. The car chooses the driver"

Ha ha nice bit.

I have noticed amongst my friends ,once a person buys a punto he loves it alot,just be a bit wary on the tata service centers,other than that you should be very happy with the Wand!(Probably you could name her that)[:D]

My Hearty Congratulations to you

& I have been having bad experiences with Apollo like tire wearing out at 12000km on Vento,probably even your car deserves better tires.

Last edited:
DriveNinn, buddy you have got the most beautiful car that is currently sold in Indian market, so congratulations on the behalf of The XOVER.Enjoy it like you own it.

Another 90hp to the punto stable! congrats DriveNinn,as per my cousin who works in Honda service station,tells that Goodyear is the worst brand(where some "CITY" owners put it because of low cost) because they miss the threads(or whatever) in the middle of the tyre and that's the cause for mis-alignment and frequent wear and tear of the wheels,Apollo tyres are better than good year.

You should be happy that you got Appollo. Goodyears are damn noisy.

Congrats for your italian babe. You are from Mumbai? Lets do a Punto/FIAT meet sometime! :-)

Thread Starter #21
You should be happy that you got Appollo. Goodyears are damn noisy.

Congrats for your italian babe. You are from Mumbai? Lets do a Punto/FIAT meet sometime! :-)
Definitely, I will love to have a Punto Meet with like minded Puntoites and lets plan some amazing photos with many Puntos together. I am sure that out of the manufacturing plant that place will be only one with so many Puntos together..

I hope it is lots of power and not Lost of power as you say[;)]
Any difference on the obove statement..? I'm lost..[thinking]

I did an ehaustive PDI of my beloved car at the factory warehouse at Kalyan. I took with me a friend who himself drives a Punto Multijet. The guys there were very helpful and mention must be made of one Mr. Vijay Kadam who cooperated well.
Thanks to theautomotiveindia, I had a handy printout of the checklist. Once I was thoroughly satisfied I clicked a few pictures as well. My only grouse is that they had provided Apollo 195 tyres on the car. I was expecting Goodyear at least.
Btw mark the "H" on the display monitor. That "H" disappears permanently after 200km. This is a proof that the odometer has not been tampered with.
Did I miss anything?[confused]
Great pictures dude.. On seeing 6th Pic it make me feel that this car should have great comfort on bumpy roads..[:)]

Thread Starter #26
Made the payment today. The cheque should clear by Friday, the car will go for registration on Monday... another 3 days after that. So probably Next Thursday or Friday she should be here.
God, I cant wait

350Z

Core Team
Congrats DriveNinn. Glad that our PDI list was useful. We’ll be looking for a full-fledged initial ownership experience with lots of images.
Made the payment today. The cheque should clear by Friday, the car will go for registration on Monday... another 3 days after that. So probably Next Thursday or Friday she should be here. God, I cant wait
The days will pass like years but end-result will be sweet. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations and excellent choice. Yes the wait is always more annoying after seeing the car.

Thread Starter #30
Finally she is home !!!

Finally received the delivery of the car on 8th December. I had mentally prepared for the day of delivery and rehearsed it in my mind many times over. Booked a taxi thru' EasyCabs. The ride from Dahisar to Chembur (Wasan Motors) cost us Rs 650 and 2 hours. Immediately after reaching Wasan, I went to a general store nearby and bought a gift wrapped chocolate box for my sales person Sachin Malabari.
We were greeted by the receptionist and offered tea immediately. Sachin asked us to wait for 20 minutes during which they cleaned and prepared (read pampered) the baby. In the meanwhile we completed the paperwork. The sales guy gave us a box of chocolates and Ganapati (which were asked to stick over the dashboard after a month as they had just applied dashboard polish).
They had kept everything (haldi, kumkum, garland, coconut) for the customary Pooja, (performed by my mother). At last I was ready to drive home. By this time it was evening and the legendary Mumbai traffic had begun.
Filled the tank with Rs 1000 diesel (around 22 liters - equivalent to 14 liters of petrol at current prices). The traffic was really slow moving so could not really revv the car. Reached BKC around 6.30 pm and surprised my wife who was ready to leave from office. The drive from BKC to Dahisar took 2 hours.
Top speed reached during this journey was 60 kmph [cry]

Alas !!! could not take out the car on Saturday as advised by seniors because of 'Grahan'[anger]
The positives I felt during my 2 hour sojourn
1. Longgggggg range of drive in 2nd gear.
2. Amazing head turning looks.
3. Array of controls (Will take some time to learn these though)
4. Some people may find it weird, but I love the sound of the car when the engine is revving.

& The negatives
1. Dad felt that the seats were not comfortable (Wagon R seats were more comfy he felt [surprise] ( Guess I will have to put cushioned seat covers)
2. Rear wind shield is veryyy small compared even to Wagon R.
3. Array of controls (again... they take some time getting used to)

and here are some pics...
I will post the interiors' pictures after I do the interiors...

Attachments

Top Bottom