My 1994 Maruti Omni Rejuv

^ The shoe polish won't attract dust particles?. Also how tedious it will be to polish all 4 tires with a brush?. I will try it anyway, hope it will turn out to be a cheaper and effective alternative.

The spray type tyre foams are effective but how long it will last depends on the area. Armorall tire foam, 3M tyre dresser, Formula1 tyre shine are all good.

A help-Can anyone suggest which is the best tire polish?Both the Jazz and the Omni tires need a polish.
Thanks in advance.
I think the 3M tyre dresser polish makes a lot of sense because it makes the tire darker in shade and keep the tire wet which pretends the tire from hardening. when i apply it once in a week lasts for a week and as BHVM told as per the road condition in your place. My fiesta still has the stock tyres and the treads are still in a great condition. try it for better results.[:)]. and your restoration on omni was great and i have planned to follow your thread daily, keep updating.[:)]

Regards,
FordFiesta1.6

Last edited:
Kudos!! To your effort and sincerity Bro. I really loved going through the thread keep up the good work. Will be following your thread closely. I feel we grown ups sometimes loose that innocence and sincerity that we had at your age, your thread surely brings that feeling back, continue the work, all the best enjoy what you do that's more important.[clap]

Thread Starter #126
Thanks everyone for your motivating comments.
Update
My father got the Jazz serviced at HASS yesterday and they have done a mind blowing job.The polish applied was sparkling.Will post photos after Final Exams;still a week left!
My father booked a servicing at the MASS .They just called us and said that servicing is scheduled on 15th March.My father said to complete repainting the bumpers as soon as possible after Finals or else the MASS can make problems.In this visit,I will ask about the type 1bumpers,headrests and Hindi Maruti sticker.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #127
Exams over,Back with updates!
bumpers.jpg

indicators opened.jpg

cleaaneb.jpg
Cleaned my Omni and dismantled the indicators for a nice spray job on the bumpers.The bumpers need to be repainted immediately!They are in very poor condition.I have decided to put type 3 Omni"s indicator lenses.
jazzafter service.jpg

mirror.jpg

driving!.jpg
The JAZZ after servicing from HASS

Nice pics. How about getting a new front bumper? Is there any difference between T1 omni's front bumper and T3 omni? If there is no difference, i think it is a much better idea to get new bumpers because the paint won't last.
In my opinion, you shouldn't have taken out the logos until you have got the correct ones, as it will look empty. As far as i remember, Omni T1 had english MARUTI SUZUKI monogram (same as my car) on the left of the boot lid, and Hindi MARUTI monogram on the right side of the lid. Try to search if you can get those. English ones should be available at MASS as Gypsys still come with those monogram. Hindi ones are a bit difficult to find.

Thread Starter #130
Nice pics. How about getting a new front bumper? Is there any difference between T1 omni's front bumper and T3 omni? If there is no difference, i think it is a much better idea to get new bumpers because the paint won't last.
In my opinion, you shouldn't have taken out the logos until you have got the correct ones, as it will look empty. As far as i remember, Omni T1 had english MARUTI SUZUKI monogram (same as my car) on the left of the boot lid, and Hindi MARUTI monogram on the right side of the lid. Try to search if you can get those. English ones should be available at MASS as Gypsys still come with those monogram. Hindi ones are a bit difficult to find.
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.
There is one minor difference between the bumpers,I.e, T1 Omnis came with metal ones whereas the T3 Omnis came with plastic ones.Also I am very nostalgic about the original bumper,as I am seeing it since my childhood.
I will enquire about the stickers as soon as possible, even I also fill that it looks empty.

Thread Starter #133
Rear bumpers aren't original. Earlier ones had a reverse light in the middle of the bumper along with slightly lesser curved edges. Also this one seems made of plastic.
I know that,the MASS had changed the rear bumpers last year during the paintjob,as the T1 bumpers(rear) had rusted completely.Searching for a T1 rear bumper for a long time but could not get it.

Thread Starter #134
Today's Update
Got my Omni polished by me using the 3M car polish.Bumpers are yet to be polished and cleaned;they are in better condition than before.Now,I enquired from a local shop about T3 Omni indicator lenses,they told that it is different in T1 and T3 Omnis.I think the shopkeeper got confused with the T2 800 lenses.Or is there any difference? Please help.
Thanks,

Last edited:

Top Bottom