My 1994 Maruti Omni Rejuv

First, take the liquid polish in your hand and then put it on the bumpers, then take a cleaning cloth and rub the liquid all over the area. I did this with my Jazz too and got impressive results. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Will it work on cars with plastic bumpers? I wish to try something similar on the Maruti when its colour gets dull.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Harikrishnan

Thread Starter #138

Will it work on cars with plastic bumpers? I wish to try something similar on the Maruti when its colour gets dull.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Harikrishnan
I am not sure about it as I did not try on plastic bumpers,but it should work;also polishing is very tiresome,to achieve the factory polished look on Jazz,I had to polish the same panel over 30 times!
I prefer 3M Car Care as seen in Fordfiesta1.6's Ford Fiesta and his Swift,I love his car's polished looks.[:D]

Thread Starter #139
Have Omni's Insurance renewal tomorrow!
Couple of things which needs be repaired/changed at M.A.S.S. as soon as possible
1.Front Bumper
Reason
-I am the one who spoiled it completely with enamel paint first and then improper spraying,it has lost its color again.Either a T3 bumper or get the bumper nicely repainted from MASS.
2.Back Bumper
Reason-Its in terrible condition and also need a original T1 bumper to replace the same,be it the one which the MASS has changed during the paintjob.
3.Proper polishing at MASS
Reason-Car lost its shine
4.Outer roof needs a respray
5.Hindi Maruti sticker
6.Proper Servicing
It has been a long time since we went on a drive in Omni only because of my DIY:spoiling the bumpers!I guess I am bad at spray painting and discontinue any further jugaads unless required.
Thanks,

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
do not get discouraged. that's how one learns.

the bumpers and shine are not serious problems. they can be fixed with a respray and some wax. I suggest you approach mass and observe how they're doing it (on your vehicle). then next time you can do it by yourself!

Shrijit, If the front bumper is of metal, get it professionally painted, and it will look nice. If not, T3 bumper is a nice idea.
Regarding the rear bumper, if you want a T1 bumper, you can visit scrap yard or second hand part market and hunt for a good condition bumper, later get it painted. I guess Mallick bazar in Kolkata is the place for parts of old cars.
Regarding the service, i would suggest you to change all fluids too, also get the engine properly tuned.

Thread Starter #144
Nice thread Shrijit.Your Omni thread is one of the best ones I have ever seen.

Btw,did you buy Honda City 4th gen?Im just asking as your profile picture is City.
Thanks for appreciating my thread,
No,I did not buy Honda City ,it is a snap from the Honda Showroom, which I visited recently for the faulty airbag replacement of 2009 Jazz.My Honda Showroom posts are in the Indian Sector ,thread is entitled,'New Honda Jazz officially launched in India'

Thread Starter #147
Nice photos you have posted,Swiftshashi.Thanks a lot for posting them.
Looking at your picture,you seem to be very serious and thinking about something.[lol]Purely nostalgic!
Few differences which I spotted Swiftshashi's and my Omni
1.Earlier even Omni had full orange indicator lenses.
2.Omni also had Chrome plated hubcaps
3.Old style OVRMs as pointed out by swiftshashi
4.Your car was a 8 seater variant
As said by you, that your car was remodelled into T2 Omni,is it same process as seen as jetumalnad9's Omni?(Link:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/15181-my-much-awaited-maruti-omni-restoration.html)
Thanks,

Thread Starter #148
Hi everyone,
Got Omni cleaned and polished yesterday but still dust is accumulating everywhere because of the extreme sunny and windy weather.The Formula1 polish gave a nice result.As pointed out by Harikrishnan,I will get Omni's tire pressure checked soon.
Sorry,did not click any pictures yesterday,but I will click some soon.
Also my father saw some steering covers online and liked this one(Link:http://www.snapdeal.com/product/sty...5&network=g&device=c&targetid=pla-77158559338)
Now,my doubts are-
1.Will it fit on T1 steering?
2.Will it look nice?
Thanks,

Last edited:
Also my father saw some steering covers online and liked.
Now,my doubts are-
1.Will it fit on T1 steering?
2.Will it look nice?
I think you can find similar ones in your local car boutiques as well. This one looks a stretch-fit type, if it was stitchable you could have ordered hands down. If it doesn't fit you will have to return, get a refund or get a suitable product. So think wisely and decide for yourself.

Thread Starter #150
Hello everyone,
After some 4 months,father drove the Omni and observed the following-
1.Steering was hard to turn at corners.
2.Car stopped at the middle of the road and refused to start few times.[cry]
3.He told to get the brake oil and other fluids changed.
He was disappointed with the performance of the car and told to get service done at MASS this week,probably this Saturday.
Now,I need to know to price of the following-
1.New Front bumper
2.New back bumper
3.Above the License plate,dont know what its called.
edit.JPG
4.MGP steering cover
5.LHS sunshade
Thanks a lot in advance,

Last edited:

Top Bottom