My “Fanta-Bulous” Etna Orange Tata Nexon XMA (D)

Thread Starter #166
Hey vinod ji,
I hope you are doing well,
I have a nexon xm(d) for which i am due to fit the accessories and fittings. What is the quality of the foglamps you are using.?
And,
Can anyone suggest me the best infotainment system i can get along with the rear cam?
Also,
I feel vibrations in my cabin at low speeds at bumpy roads, is it me or anyone else feeling the same. ??
Regards,
Happy motoring
Welcome @aamir4062 to TAI.
Congrats on your Nexon, where are you from?
The fog lights are holding on well, suites my requirements.
I'm using one reversing camera on my Nano XTA since 2016, have had no complaints, bought from Amazon.
@anshuman8 suggested me a few HU with reversing camera, you could ask him.
Low speed bumpy ride is a Nexon trait, ask TASS to identify the rattling, I too had it on the passenger door which was sorted.
Enjoy your stay here.
Regards
Vinod

Last edited:
Welcome @aamir4062 to TAI.
Congrats on your Nexon, where are you from?
The fog lights are holding on well, suites my requirements.
I'm using one reversing camera on my Nano XTA since 2016, have had no complaints, bought from Amazon.
@anshuman8 suggested me a few HU with reversing camera, you could ask him.
Low speed bumpy ride is a Nexon trait, ask TASS to identify the rattling, I too had it on the passenger door which was sorted.
Enjoy your stay here.
Regards
Vinod
i am from hyderabad ji, I'll do the same.
This thread of yours was useful as there are very few threads guiding new owners.
I really appreciate your effort ji.
Thank you for the prompt response.
Regards
Aamir.

Thread Starter #168
Took my FantaB for a general check up, and try and identify a plasticy sound coming from below the front right suspension when going over a pothole, turned out the plastic shroud had one screw missing which was replaced, the TD went on well without any drama.
Got the air and cabin filter cleaned.
Wiper blades changed as the wipe was not very clean.
Charged 500 for the check up, NIL for the wiper blades.
Got the car back after a wash and clean.
ODO reading 6750

The problem with these system is that they rarely work with the exisiting buttons and knobs in the car. For example in the Nexon XMA I would want the system to work with the steering controls and the volume and selector knobs and the dashboard.

Something like the RCD systems that you can buy for polo or vento..they look like a factory fit HU. I guess Tata has made it really difficult for us to get a similar experience.
It seems someone has figured out how to install the XZ variants OEM headunit into his XMA. Posting it here since this seems to be the most visible Nexon Xz- thread.

Last week I hired a Nexon diesel MT from Zoomcar just to get a taste of it before plonking my money in it. Headed straight to Lonavala from Pune. The car was hardly 2 months old with 8k km on odo. The interiors of the car looked beautiful even on XM variant. However there were a few things which felt like a deal breaker to me:

- On Pune Mumbai highway with cement road, the front end of the car was having mild jumps constantly although the car was stable.
- While crossing the yellow speedbreakers at low to medium speeds, the car was literally crashing and sounded as if there's something loose under the hood.
- While approaching one of the hairpin bends, I downshifted to second gear and was confident I could climb it. While negotiating the bend, car started loosing power in second and before I could downshift to first and accelerate again, the car had lost momentum and I had to hold the brake. Tried to release the brake and accelerate out of the incline, the car didn't move and started to give mild jerks with RPM dropping, then suddenly the power came back on and it climbed. We were just two people and I can only imagine the scenario with 5 passengers and luggage. It was scary since I never get this anomaly in my current petrol car.

Are these issues common to all the Nexons, especially the bad suspension which left me with a headache at the end of the day?

Thread Starter #171
Last week I hired a Nexon diesel MT from Zoomcar just to get a taste of it before plonking my money in it. Headed straight to Lonavala from Pune. The car was hardly 2 months old with 8k km on odo. The interiors of the car looked beautiful even on XM variant. However there were a few things which felt like a deal breaker to me:

- On Pune Mumbai highway with cement road, the front end of the car was having mild jumps constantly although the car was stable.
- While crossing the yellow speedbreakers at low to medium speeds, the car was literally crashing and sounded as if there's something loose under the hood.
- While approaching one of the hairpin bends, I downshifted to second gear and was confident I could climb it. While negotiating the bend, car started loosing power in second and before I could downshift to first and accelerate again, the car had lost momentum and I had to hold the brake. Tried to release the brake and accelerate out of the incline, the car didn't move and started to give mild jerks with RPM dropping, then suddenly the power came back on and it climbed. We were just two people and I can only imagine the scenario with 5 passengers and luggage. It was scary since I never get this anomaly in my current petrol car.

Are these issues common to all the Nexons, especially the bad suspension which left me with a headache at the end of the day?
@Chriz7388 welcome to TAI, the bumpy/bouncy ride could be due to over inflated tyres, low speed bumps is a Nexon trait.
A car not negotiating a steep hairpin bend, I've seen many people struggling, especially if one is from the plane's.
You can see the taxi driver having no problem on the hills even in a alto or Nano, as they know each hairpin bend like the back of their hands.

@Chriz7388 welcome to TAI, the bumpy/bouncy ride could be due to over inflated tyres, low speed bumps is a Nexon trait.
A car not negotiating a steep hairpin bend, I've seen many people struggling, especially if one is from the plane's.
You can see the taxi driver having no problem on the hills even in a alto or Nano, as they know each hairpin bend like the back of their hands.
Thanks for your reply. Forgot to mention that I got the tyre pressure checked on my way and it was ok. If that's the typical trait of Nexon then it's certainly not for me. My typical usage would be in Pune where the smooth concrete roads are a rare sight. Nexon was transmitting every road undulation inside the cabin and this was the sole reason why I rejected Ecosport in the first place. Surprisingly, I didn't notice that trait of Nexon during the test drive on bad roads, probably because we were 5 people in the car then. Or the showroom guys may have kept less tyre pressure to mask that crash-happy suspension setup.

Having said that, I would certainly miss the rock solid build and beautiful interiors of Nexon which IMO don't belong to this price bracket.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #173
Thanks for your reply. Forgot to mention that I got the tyre pressure checked on my way and it was ok. If that's the typical trait of Nexon then it's certainly not for me. My typical usage would be in Pune where the smooth concrete roads are a rare sight. Nexon was transmitting every road undulation inside the cabin and this was the sole reason why I rejected Ecosport in the first place. Surprisingly, I didn't notice that trait of Nexon during the test drive on bad roads, probably because we were 5 people in the car then. Or the showroom guys may have kept less tyre pressure to mask that crash-happy suspension setup.

Having said that, I would certainly miss the rock solid build and beautiful interiors of Nexon which IMO don't belong to this price bracket.
First of all don't compare a used and abused contract/TD car, to make your car buying experience, do multiple TD from various dealers and then incur.

Thread Starter #178
3rd FREE SERVICE
ODO reading 8685
Went in at 10am and car returned before 12noon.
Work done:
1. Castrol Magnatec Pro T 5W30, 5Ltr 2150
2. Elofic oil filter TC 192
3. Rubber Stopper Front Door qty 3 21.00
Total Paid 2363
General check up done.
Car and engine bay washed and cleaned.

Got a quote for comprehensive insurance renewal from Digit Insurance.
IDV 6.30L
Premium 10.8k
NCB 20%
Experts please advise
is that zero depreciation? if possible go for that. premium will be higher but then everything will be covered and paid for. from what you have posted that looks pretty good. for my Storme, IDV of 6L comprehensive and 25% NCB they are quoting me 14790. Mine is not zero depending but comprehensive one...

Top Bottom