My “Fanta-Bulous” Etna Orange Tata Nexon XMA (D)

Hello @mukesh please do post a link for this system, as I would be also interested if it's a plug and play attachment.
Regards
Vinod
Vinod sir,
I have seen a video on YouTube where the user installed and de-installed the 10 inch head unit in his nexon XM due to non functioning of parking sensors and poor audio quality.

Will search for that and post here for your reference

Hi,
Went for first service for my Nexon today and found a white Nexon with aftermarket music system installed. I requested the owner of the car for pictures and he allowed. The variant of the car was Nexon XE. The price he told me was RS 15000 here in Gurugram. It also has a rear parking camera display on the screen but the camera price is extra. It's a 10" android music system, the quality was okay. Here are the pictures for your reference. I am also looking for a similar system but with a better fitting.

Attachments

Hi,
Went for first service for my Nexon today and found a white Nexon with aftermarket music system installed. I requested the owner of the car for pictures and he allowed. The variant of the car was Nexon XE. The price he told me was RS 15000 here in Gurugram. It also has a rear parking camera display on the screen but the camera price is extra. It's a 10" android music system, the quality was okay. Here are the pictures for your reference. I am also looking for a similar system but with a better fitting.
The problem with these system is that they rarely work with the exisiting buttons and knobs in the car. For example in the Nexon XMA I would want the system to work with the steering controls and the volume and selector knobs and the dashboard.

Something like the RCD systems that you can buy for polo or vento..they look like a factory fit HU. I guess Tata has made it really difficult for us to get a similar experience.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #154
TEFLON COATING
Sai motors TASS is quoting 2,500 for Teflon coating with a touch up of 2 times in a year, is it worth it?
Also a FN carwash chap is offering Teflon coating for 500+200 rubbing polish, are these FN chaps reliable, what all should I be looking for during the coating process.
Your experience on this subject will be appreciated.
Regards
Vinod

Go to a 3M store , and get the paint protection package for 2500 (This is the same offered by TASS) , but the thing is 3M guys have professionals attending to the vehicle , whereas in TASS its the wash boy who does the job .
You can go through Dr.Albus's thread of polishing for better reference of what is the process being done .

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Personally I am not a big fan of teflon coating. They will simply rub off your lacquer coating which came as OEM with the car.
I would advice against it. I had gone for it in my swift vxi from KTL and my experience was bad.

Last edited:
TEFLON COATING
Sai motors TASS is quoting 2,500 for Teflon coating with a touch up of 2 times in a year, is it worth it?
Also a FN carwash chap is offering Teflon coating for 500+200 rubbing polish, are these FN chaps reliable, what all should I be looking for during the coating process.
Regards
Vinod
Vinodji, I did such coating within first month of purchase for my Tigor. Though the guy referred it as teflon coating, I think it was something else. I did it as per my friend's advice and reference of that guy. Had a good experience with it. It was giving nice shine. Also on couple of occasions, I got some minor scratches when a bicycle brushed from side and once when my dog stood up with his front legs on the driver side door. [;)]. On both occasions, I feel the coating took it well. The scratches are not visible until you watch it very closely. Of course, now after six months, it does need another round of coating. Not sure about the FN thing. May be good to get it done from SC. See if they have tie-up with wurth for that.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Regards
Most of the times, these TEFLON things are just scam. Mostly Polishing followed by Wax. Nothing more.
If you have time buy a Detailing kit and go at it on some lazy sunday. Otherwise, 3m Looks good but expensive option.

Hey Guys,
Facing one issue in my Nexon XMA. I installed HSRP in my Nexon from the dealership today and along with the number plates I asked them to install the number plate frame but now whenever i engage the reverse gear then the Park assist starts beeping very loud even when there is no one at the rear. I think this is due to the number plate frame, is there anyone who is facing this issue?

Thread Starter #162
Hey Guys,
Facing one issue in my Nexon XMA. I installed HSRP in my Nexon from the dealership today and along with the number plates I asked them to install the number plate frame but now whenever i engage the reverse gear then the Park assist starts beeping very loud even when there is no one at the rear. I think this is due to the number plate frame, is there anyone who is facing this issue?
Yes you are correct, the numberplate holding area is quite close to the sensors, so anytime protruding a bit more than the numberplate it will sense it, try using the numberplate alone, to rule out this issue.

Hey Guys,
I haven't faced any such issue with number plate frames. there is a reasonable gap from sensor and frame.

frame.PNG

Hey vinod ji,
I hope you are doing well,
I have a nexon xm(d) for which i am due to fit the accessories and fittings. What is the quality of the foglamps you are using.?
And,
Can anyone suggest me the best infotainment system i can get along with the rear cam?
Also,
I feel vibrations in my cabin at low speeds at bumpy roads, is it me or anyone else feeling the same. ??
Regards,
Happy motoring

bhvm

Honoured Member
What is the quality of the foglamps you are using.?
Make sure you get nothing else but the very OEM fog lamps from the dealer/Showroom.
Nothing else is worth bothering with.

I feel vibrations in my cabin at low speeds at bumpy roads
Do check the air pressure in tyres. It might have gone up due to summer heat.

Top Bottom