Music System for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #20
Pm your number arkin,i will be visiting the installer this week ,we can go and see if there is anything suitable for you.
Thank you Frankie, I'll PM you as an when need arises, but for now,
@Mod(s) please close this thread until I request that it be opened for a while, until we decide if we well sell the car or how long we shall retain it.

@ Shynish M
Was the N95 paired with a bluetooth system through an adapter connected to the Zen's speakers?

I called my friend to check this. Nokia N95 has a 3.5 mm out, which he connected to the Line-In of his Pionner HU which was very base model according to him. He said, the same this can be done with Bluetooth or FM transmitter in the mobile.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
I called my friend to check this. Nokia N95 has a 3.5 mm out, which he connected to the Line-In of his Pionner HU which was very base model according to him. He said, the same this can be done with Bluetooth or FM transmitter in the mobile.
Oh good, very practical I must admit. But the problems I have are -
1. The HU doesn't have a line -in or aux - in
2. The HU doesn't have bluetooth connectivity.
3. My phone doesn't have an FM transmitter, I believe.

For now, I have put the plan on hold.

Thanks a ton for your help and the info you got for me Shynish.[clap]

2. The HU doesn't have bluetooth connectivity.

For now, I have put the plan on hold.

Thanks a ton for your help and the info you got for me Shynish.[clap]
Welcome buddy. Though you have put the plan on hold, just note that you can use a bluetooth dongle (Rs. 250 /- may be) if you have an USB port.

Thread Starter #24
Welcome buddy. Though you have put the plan on hold, just note that you can use a bluetooth dongle (Rs. 250 /- may be) if you have an USB port.
The HU I have is a 10 year old Pioneer Casette Player with FM, so it doesn't have a USB port.[frustration]

AMG

Suspended
Just get a half decent antenna for 90 bucks and listen to FM.
Those guys have all the new songs as well.

And you may also get to know of a couple of offers/discounts that are on at some of the city shops. :lol!:

Thread Starter #26
Just get a half decent antenna for 90 bucks and listen to FM.
Those guys have all the new songs as well.

And you may also get to know of a couple of offers/discounts that are on at some of the city shops. :lol!:
I'm already playing FM. But the sound quality thanks to the old speakers sucks.[frustration] We are fortunate to have a 24 hr English radio (Music) channel here in Bangalore. http://www.radioindigo.fm/index

Thread Starter #28
^^Yeah, I was looking for a similar set up, but until we are finished with buying our two new cars, we shall think about it.

Arkin, I can suggest you a simple one. Buy a MP3 player cum FM transmitter with card reader which which is available for 200-300 rupees in ebay. I hope you have pen drive or Memory card. You can play them in that. Its very cost effective bro.& Speaker point
Buy some gray market co-axial speakers for 1000-1200.

Thread Starter #30
Thanks, but for now, 2 newer cars will be purchased soon, and the Maruti might have to go, sooner or later. So, we have abandoned all plans of fitting it with accessories, except for TAI stickers!:biggrin:

Top Bottom