Music Album / Songs Reviews!

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I searched throughout this forum, but dint find any thread where we can discuss & share our reviews on new music albums or songs.

Why not discuss here about the newly launched albums, songs & your reviews on the same?

Format can be this way-

Name of the album/song:
Genre:
Language:
Your review:
Your rating out of 10:

Let me start with mine:

Name of the album: Anjaana Anjaani
Genre: Bollywood
Language: Hindi
Your review: Nice album overall. Some numbers are really foot tapping. Songs like tumse hi tumse, tujhe bula diya & hairat are really good.
Your rating out of 10: 7/10

Name of the album: Jhoota hi sahi
Your review: Dint like it! Cry cry is the only song that can be called average! rest all are boring, dint expect this from A R Rahman.
Your rating out of 10: 4/10

Name of the album: Aisha
Your review: Nice overall. Gal mitthi mitthi is awesome! suno aisha & lehrein is also good.
Your rating out of 10: 8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm good thread again Raj but i don think many people will listen to any other song other than their region mostly. Since Hindi is the most popular language i think its not useful posting other albums other than Hindi.

why not dhaya?

Anybody heard The Fame Monster?
i would rate it quite nice. maybe 9/10. For those who don't know about The Fame Monster, it is sang by Lady Gaga and it is english album.

anyone heard LP's new album?

Hey Archit!!!! I'm just back after buying The Fame!!!!!!! I'm listening to it right now.
Cost me Rs 295. I loved Alejandro, Just Dance and Poker Face, so I got myself the album. I'm in love with it, but I love the Remixes better. I'm gonna buy the remixes album ASAP.
200920101390.jpg
-----------Next Post-----------
About the New LP album, I've listened to The Catalyst. I don't really like it, esp. when compared to the Haiti Album.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
Name of the album/song: Anjaana Anjaani

Your review: Now, being a guitarist, I like songs with good rhythm. The 'tempo' so as to say, should not die. This album is typical bollywood stuff. One peppy number, 'Anjaana Anjaani', one slow sad song 'Tujhe Bhula Diya' and some random songs. Just the usual bollywood stuff. Albeit, the music is good. I quite liked it.

Recommended listens:
  1. Tujhe Bhula Diya
  2. Aas paas khuda

Your rating out of 10: 7/10 [thumbsup]

Arun

Suspended
Name of the album/song: A Thousand Suns - Linkin Park

Genre: Nu-Age/ Rock

Language: English

Your review: Linkin Park. A name synonymous with most of todays youth. Linkin Park music has actually evolved. I'm not saying it has become better, but it has changed. Now, coming to the album. A Thousand Suns is a let down by Linkin Park standards. The songs are quite average. Interesting bit is some of the tracks have a little Indian flavor thrown in.

'When they come for me' has Punjabi beats throughout the song. The song 'Blackout' has a intro on a dholak if I'm not mistaken. Nice fusion. I quite like it.
'Wretches and Kings' Total hip-hop stuff. Really, really well made song.

Recommended listens:

Robot boy : Classic Linkin Park.

Wretches and Kings : Weird intro. But for the hip-hop factor, I like it!

Iridescent : One of Linkin Park's best in my opinion.

The Catalyst : The much hyped song. A good song. Not great though.

P.S: There are little one minute tracks in the album. They actually maintain the continuity of the album. Lovely 'flow' to the whole album.

Last edited:
Nice, I'm looking forward to buy the album myself then. How much did it cost you? And where did ya buy it? Cuz I'm not able to find in here in Bangy.

Name of the album: Crook
Your review: Nice overall.

Name of the album: Dabangg
Your review: Nice overall. it has some good songs like Tere Mast Mast Do Nain. Other songs are nothing too special.
Your rating out of 10: 6/10

Name of the album: A Thousand Suns
Genre: Rock
Language: English
Your review: Nice overall. Some songs in this album are great!!! I actually liked Catalyst.

Thread Starter #12
Guys,

Listen to this, its an old Arabic song:

Song - Al Jadid
Album - Al Jadid
Artist - Rashed Al Fares

I dint understand a word of what he is singing but it still touched my heart!

The fourth song in the link below-

Amazon.com: Rashed Al Fares: MP3 Downloads

Sadly, the preview plays only a small portion & the best part of the song cannot be heard, so do hear the entire song.

Top Bottom