Mumbai To Vaishno Devi. A Drive Of a Lifetime

Thread Starter #1
Hello my fellow road travelers. Been working on an exciting vlog series for sometime and am sure you will like it.

This vlog series is on the beautiful long drive to Vaishno Devi in Katra, Jammu all the way from Mumbai. The journey takes us through the myriad landscapes of India through the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, New Delhi, Punjab and finally Jammu.

The season is winter and we are expecting snow at the top. The best part of our road trip is through Punjab, which is cold, wet and romantic. Jammu is absolutely unlike what I had an assumption, being unsafe. It is definitely safe and life is like in any other busy Indian city. The road from Jammu to Katra is unbelievable. Twists turns and the beautiful landscape all along.

Katra is about 3 hours drive from Jammu and is a beautiful little township at the foothills of the Vaishno Devi mountains. Cheap and good hotels are in plenty. The small market is buzzing.

The trek up to the Vaishno Devi Bhawan is ofcourse the high light of the series and journey. It is a long trek but the spirit to keep moving on seeing so many Vaishno devi devotees chanting Jai Mata Di is incredible. Dotted with eateries and small shops the trek to Ardh Kuwari and then to the Vaishno Devi Bhawan is an experience which you would want to do every year.

Please find the series at the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRoZRGiOUfaivgn1XoYif6ylP5TptACEP

The series is an ongoing series with our detailed experience right from Mumbai all the way to the Vaishno devi bhawan. New videos uploaded each week. Twice. Hope you enjoy and encourages you to take this trip!

Tc,
Nilav

Re: Mumbai to Vaishno devi, a drive of a lifetime

Hi Nilav,
Mumbai to Vaishnodevi by road,needs will-power.[thumbsup]
I am not a fan of video travelogues,but i would love to read more about your beautiful journey and the time taken to cross states, the road conditions and other important points.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Mumbai to Vaishno devi, a drive of a lifetime

Thank you for writing in. Its a lovely journey to say the least. Roads are absolutely a dream all across, both in tarmac and beauty. Took plenty of halts (i do that mostly). Route for me was as below:

Mumbai - baroda - modasa (night halt) - shyamlaji - udaipur - jaipur (night halt) - delhi - Chandigarh (night halt) - hoshiarpur - pathankot - jammu - katra.

Can be reached faster, but I drive at an avg of 80-90kmph also I dont drive after dark. But yes its a drive worth the effort.

Wish I could detail the story in words but not a good writer, more of a video guy :D . I suggest you have a look at the vlog anytime at your convenience. Will give you a v detailed idea of the entire route. Do let me know anytime you plan this journey.

Tc!

I have seen all your 12 videos on YT yesterday, liked all of them. I would love to do same someday may be..if I get a call from mataji.

Have you uploaded all your videos of this trip or some of them are left? I feel trip isn't completed at the end of 12th video.

Thread Starter #5
I have seen all your 12 videos on YT yesterday, liked all of them. I would love to do same someday may be..if I get a call from mataji.

Have you uploaded all your videos of this trip or some of them are left? I feel trip isn't completed at the end of 12th video.
Hey. Thanks for checking the videos and writing in. Still many episodes left. Uploading every week 2 episodes - Monday and Friday. You will get automatic updates incase u subscribed to my YT channel.

Am sure you will do the trip soon. You will love it, that I can assure.

Tc!

Top Bottom