Mumbai - Rajasthan Route Suggestions!!!

Dharmesh sir,

Hope you had a pleasant journey and must have rested now,
So awaiting for the travel log with pictures[;)]

****Bumping up an old thread****
I will be travelling from Lucknow to Silvasa in coming few days. The route of choice is:
Lucknow > Kanpur > Gwalior > Baran > Kota > Godhra > Halol > Silvasa.

I have travelled on Lucknow > Kanpur > Gwalior > Baran in the past and know that the road condition is good.
Hoping to get some recent updates on Kota > Godhra > Halol > Silvasa Route.
The Himmatnagar > Ahemdabad > Vadodara route has been traversed a lot of times and is surely a fast road; however, I would like to try a new route this time over.
I will be driving a Creta with temporary registration. Can that pose an issue?

Hi Wanderer,

I am unfamiliar with North India & hence unable to comment on the routes.

However on the query of the temporary registration, many advice not to travel. I have traveled with temporary registration. As long as you carry original invoice copy of the dealer + original receipt for registration payment (instead of the RC), the cops will allow you to proceed. The other docs such as license, insurance, etc too are to be carried as well.

No major worries there, in my opinion.

Hi Wanderer,
--snip--
However on the query of the temporary registration, many advice not to travel. I have traveled with temporary registration. As long as you carry original invoice copy of the dealer + original receipt for registration payment (instead of the RC), the cops will allow you to proceed. The other docs such as license, insurance, etc too are to be carried as well.
No major worries there, in my opinion.
Thank you CasualSurfer! That gives me the required confidence! I am hoping to have a great drive after quite a long time and with nice weather these days, hope the journey turns out to be good!

I will be travelling from Lucknow to Silvasa in coming few days. The route of choice is:
Lucknow > Kanpur > Gwalior > Baran > Kota > Godhra > Halol > Silvasa.

I have travelled on Lucknow > Kanpur > Gwalior > Baran in the past and know that the road condition is good.
Hoping to get some recent updates on Kota > Godhra > Halol > Silvasa Route.
The Himmatnagar > Ahemdabad > Vadodara route has been traversed a lot of times and is surely a fast road; however, I would like to try a new route this time over.
If I was in your place, I would have waited for the permanent registration number. Cops will harass you for the temp registration car. Whenever you come across a cop, he won't think twice before stopping you.

I will suggest you to wait for the permanent registration number and go ahead with the trip.

Congratulations for your Creta in advance. [:D]

I will suggest you to wait for the permanent registration number and go ahead with the trip.
Congratulations for your Creta in advance. [:D]
Thank you!! :)
The problem is, we bought the car and almost at the same time came to know that we are getting transferred to Silvasa. Now, If i were to register the car in Lucknow and then again in Silvasa, we would end up loosing registration cost. Though I know, I can claim the road tax again; however, it would be a long and tidieous process.
If I end up paying the legal charges to cops while on the go, I think it would still work out cheaper.
Since its a brand new car, no one is willing to ship it via packers and movers. I hope you got my dilemma!

congrats for your creta first. drive the car to silvasa buddy.grease the cops if needed. legaly i think they can't do any thing so don't worry.
Thank you!

After considering all the options and inputs from everyone, we have decided to bear the cost of registration of the car in UP. This was also done considering any insurance related hassles in case of an untoward happening during our travel.

So, the process of registration has already begun and hopefully we will have the car registered before our planned travel on this coming Saturday!

Now, the only concern I have is the road condition on the Godhra > Halol > Silvasa Route.

A couple of days back I was also seeing some news about flooding on Shivpuri > Baran > Kota section. There are a couple of bridges which are really low and hope they are not flooded. If that happens, I will have to back track a lot and would end up missing my target of reaching Silvasa by Sunday evening.

I would see if it is possible. Iternary would be finalized tomorrow depending on the availability of accommodations. [:D].

But original questions still remains unanswered

From Mumbai to Mt Abu distance is 726 KM. Are roads good enough, so that I can reach Mt Abu in one. I would be leaving Mumbai at 5 AM early in morning [confused]
Hello! Roads to Mount Abu is great. There are 2 routes :
Rt1: Mum - Ahmadabad (bypass) - Himmatnagar - Ambaji - Mount ABu
Rt 2: Mumbai - Baroda - Ahmedabad (bypass) - Palanpur - Mount Abu

Rt2 is a far better road. You can reach Mt ABu in day 1 if you are on route 2, provided you start early (5ish) and you are a fast driver. Also, remember not to take the Abu road. There is a bypass there too. Check with a local once you reach Abu road. The bypass will help you avoid traffic in Abu road.

I had taken route 1 while going (wanted to visit Ambaji) & route 2 while returning. To get an idea of the journey and the experience, you can check out our video log : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5STgYK6-faI&list=PLRoZRGiOUfaivJDdB3UGUjal7NNwfCeWj

Top Bottom