Multi Function Display DIY For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Working on a multi function display for my 800.
This includes a Tacho, Temp guage, and a volt meter for now.
Work in progress images are added.
Full details will be uploaded after successful completion.

Attachments

You could still get the temp and volt readings from a M800 since the provisions are already there either in the instrument console or the lighter adapter. How do you plan to tap into the engine/ECU to get the tacho reading?

Thread Starter #5
Good one ! Wishing you all the best for this project. [:)]
Thankyou Shreeni0403

@sarthak8192 the circuitry is completed n is currently running in my car. But it still needs a proper enclosure n i am currently working on that. So, I haven't taken proper photos yet. will update it when possible. [:)]

You could still get the temp and volt readings from a M800 since the provisions are already there either in the instrument console or the lighter adapter. How do you plan to tap into the engine/ECU to get the tacho reading?
I am taking the tacho signal from ignition coil ground and for voltage i'm using the spare connector which comes for dashboard clock.
I'm using precision temperature sensor which has an accuracy of 0.1 degree C. Haven't decided on the engine temp source location yet. Have to finalize a proper enclosure before getting to those additions.
I'm using a 8 point selector switch so can view 8 different parameters.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sarthak8192 the circuitry is completed n is currently running in my car. But it still needs a proper enclosure n i am currently working on that. So, I haven't taken proper photos yet. will update it when possible. [:)]
If you can share the current pictures, probably members here can pour in their ideas for finding the enclosure. [:)]

Thankyou Shreeni0403

I am taking the tacho signal from ignition coil ground and for voltage i'm using the spare connector which comes for dashboard clock.
I'm using precision temperature sensor which has an accuracy of 0.1 degree C. Haven't decided on the engine temp source location yet. Have to finalize a proper enclosure before getting to those additions.
I'm using a 8 point selector switch so can view 8 different parameters.
Hello, any progress?

Top Bottom