Motor Bike which Runs on Air?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The answer is Yes. Inspired from the bollywood movie “3 Idiots”, Students of Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur have invented a motorbike which runs on compressed air and interestingly, they have named this project “All is well”. Here's more info from NDTV:

"We are not 3 but 5 Idiots who have created this bike that runs on compressed air. From that movie we were inspired to do something new, something innovative in our life," said Pramod Jain, Gyan Vihar University Jaipur.
"Petrol costs frequently rise by 2-3 rupees. So we thought let's do something that can reduce people's misery by reducing the money they need to run their vehicles. We have named this bike 'All is Well' because we feel if people use it, All will be Well in their life," added Ravi Shekhar, another student who worked on the bike. Taking a normal 4-stroke engine used for bikes, the students modified it into a 2-stroke engine and when they supply it with compressed air, the bike roars off with a single kick. Though it can't run faster than 30 kilometers an hour, teachers helping the students say the bike has huge advantages.

Rameshwar Jaswal, Head, Mechanical Engineering Dept,Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur said, "As it will run on compressed air, this bike will be pollution free. Also, since we will not need any petrol, the running cost for this will not be even half of normal bikes today." Besides patenting this design, college authorities now want to tie up with an automobile major to launch this bike commercially that could be as big a hit on roads as the film was at the box office.

Wonder-bike.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good work by these guys. But imo even if these guys tie up with some company, it wont be a blockbuster hit for sure. The speed of 30kmph is far too less. Even the electric bikes with much better power and speeds couldnt sell much and the result was companies had to discontinue those models just like Scooty teenz electric.

Disclaimer : Correct me if i am wrong , i am expressing my view and i am not here to offend any inventors or demoralize them.

This is another story which goes off the shelf in a few days or months..
Guys dont you think we have heard so many of these a decade ago and still not being implemented till now.. Why?
We have seen car running on water.. now air.

I have seen so many of these kind and it never comes out..when i was little younger(16-17) i used to think . WOW with this i can run my bike with water but 5 years still on petrol..
I started researching the things and found out later that most of the claims were fake or not feasible.

Not feasible : Theoretically yes you can move the engine using compressed air or hydrogen removed from water using electrolysis...
They can move the vehicle no doubt but..
Inorder to move the vehicle they need compressed air or hydrogen.
we need to compress the air or generate hydrogen right?

Ill take an example for better understanding...
We have a bike which runs 40 kms on 1 litre of petrol.

The environment bike needs hydrogen or compressed air to run.
So i use that 1 litre petrol to compress the air or generate the hydrogen.
using this i can run the bike for 30 -40 kms..
This is called the neutralizing effect..
i burnt 1 litre of fuel which emitted the same amount of smoke into the environment which my bike would have emitted.
And i have put that into to my so called environment bike which makes no pollution at all.
Do you think it is feasible?
My Environment Bike runs 30 kms at a speed of 30 kms with only 1 Person.
My Petrol bike runs 40 kms at speeds 40-100 with 2 persons.
for the same amount of petrol burnt..

These environment bikes are good when there is no petrol..
Instead of this. We must first generate power from renewable sources such as solar ,wind (not coal,nuclear) then use this power to convert water to hydrogen or compressed air, then this tech works out..

PS:Sorry guys long post i felt like writing more but dont want you to get bored by reading ...

Exactly vram. Rightly said. These bikes are not really practical. Now this bike will run @ 30kmph with a single person. So ultimately each of the rider needs his/her own which sounds completely wierd.

AMG

Suspended
I would rather buy a cycle.
Better top speed and turbo available on need.:stupid:

v ram your right and i got your point that directly or indirectly we still pollute enviornment but another question which i think is that CNG is compressed natural gas so what is big difference between running this bike on natural gas when it can be done on CNG? sorry if i sound :stupid:

v ram your right and i got your point that directly or indirectly we still pollute enviornment but another question which i think is that CNG is compressed natural gas so what is big difference between running this bike on natural gas when it can be done on CNG? sorry if i sound :stupid:
cng is compressed natural gas which is burnt inside the chamber to produce heat and move the piston. samething like petrol but CNG burns efficiently and less emissions..
Where as this project is entirely differently they use the air to move the pistons.. the same air as you find in tyre filling stations. the air does not burn inturn it moves the piston.to move the vehicle

Same strategy as blow up the ballon and leave if flies(hope i am clear.)

Now this really cant be called a New Invention. Many Indian students from cities like Punjab,etc have made bikes which run on compressed air.(Videos floating on youtube)

But Hats Off to these people,what they have made is not as easy as it looks.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Disclaimer : Correct me if i am wrong , i am expressing my view and i am not here to offend any inventors or demoralize them.

This is another story which goes off the shelf in a few days or months..
Guys dont you think we have heard so many of these a decade ago and still not being implemented till now.. Why?
We have seen car running on water.. now air.

I have seen so many of these kind and it never comes out..when i was little younger(16-17) i used to think . WOW with this i can run my bike with water but 5 years still on petrol..
I started researching the things and found out later that most of the claims were fake or not feasible.

Not feasible : Theoretically yes you can move the engine using compressed air or hydrogen removed from water using electrolysis...
They can move the vehicle no doubt but..
Inorder to move the vehicle they need compressed air or hydrogen.
we need to compress the air or generate hydrogen right?

Ill take an example for better understanding...
We have a bike which runs 40 kms on 1 litre of petrol.

The environment bike needs hydrogen or compressed air to run.
So i use that 1 litre petrol to compress the air or generate the hydrogen...........
V_ram, You’re correct to an extent but if we keep apart this topic for a while, there’s a lot of hidden talent amongst us in India which just needs some exposure. :smile: And those are fortunate who get it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

These environment bikes are good when there is no petrol..
Instead of this. We must first generate power from renewable sources such as solar ,wind (not coal,nuclear) then use this power to convert water to hydrogen or compressed air, then this tech works out..

PS:Sorry guys long post i felt like writing more but dont want you to get bored by reading ...
:offtopic: We need electricity to compress air,convert water to hydrogen. So what about states like Maharashtra where more than 50 % of electricity is Hydro electricity (produced through water).

But what makes more sense is using this electricity directly to power a electric car/bike rather than using it to compress air n then use it in cars n bikes.

You cant completely depend on renewable sources of energy for power generation.Like non renewable sources of energy even the renewable sources have some negative points.

:offtopic: We need electricity to compress air,convert water to hydrogen. So what about states like Maharashtra where more than 50 % of electricity is Hydro electricity (produced through water).

But what makes more sense is using this electricity directly to power a electric car/bike rather than using it to compress air n then use it in cars n bikes.

You cant completely depend on renewable sources of energy for power generation.Like non renewable sources of energy even the renewable sources have some negative points.
Ya you are right you can run the car on electricity, but sometimes its better to find the nearest alternative like.
Can convert a car to run on hydrogen that is already running on petrol rather than converting it to electricity..

[:)]

Well i appreciate their hard work and commitment to come up successful with this project but this is just a no no for practical usage!

Top Bottom