Motivational Quotes – When Things Look Bleak

Re: Motivational Quotes – When Things Look Bleak

Some of my fav quotes are-

" Live as if you were to die tomorrow and live as if you were to live forever."

" You only live once and if you do it right once is enough."

" This is the wrong generation for people with good hearts."

" Do not judge people by appearances because a rich heart may be under a poor coat."

" Characters are not made they are revealed."

......As ppl grow up they think they lose their friends. But the truth is they don't loose friends they just learn who are the real ones.
Yes, this is an apt phrase indeed, considering the world we are living in!
I don't wish to sound cynical and my two cents worth is my signature - " The more I see of some people, the better I love my dogs." I don't know the origins of this one, but there seems to be a vague consensus among my acquaintances that it could have been G.B.Shaw.

I also remember a small placard outside a pet shop, placed above a basket containing a litter of water spaniel pups, all gambolling over each other! They were quite irresistible and I admired the shop owner's brilliant insight into a prospective customer's mind. This was in a small Australian port (Geraldton) where our ship had called way back in 1978!
The placard read:- "The only love money can buy!"

I haven't forgotten it.

Last edited:

Found the following while browsing one of our professional journals (MER, May 2017), and it seemed worth noting :

"Minds are like parachutes, they are best when open" – Thomas Dewar, Scottish Businessman (Blender of the famous Scotch whiskey by the same name!)

Last edited:

Top Bottom