Most Fuel Efficient Cars You Can Buy in India

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Good information. Really helps a new buyer to decide. I was looking for something like this during my car purchase. But now its too late for me.
Maybe it can help you on the next car purchase? But you should not be disappointed anyways because the car which you currently own is very much included in this list, that too on the top of the segment.

Does Fiat 500 really give 23???
This thread will be useful for people who hunt for mileage info.
May be we can sticky this thread in this section.
Thread stuck! And Yes, The mighty mouse returns generous fuel economy of 22.20 Kpl if we go by the tests performed by SIAM and I guess it’s the light weight advantage which helps the 500, though we hope price was equally lighter too!

Nice thread. As expected all good FE vehicles are diesel.Though I don't know how the ARAI calculates its FE, its not consistent. For example - i10 rating is - 19.81 KMPL, but i know for sure (My close friend has one, and Zinam may confirm), it gives approx 12KMPL in city and approx 15 kmpk on highway. Where as Punto's rating is 19.9KPML, and I (and so many other owners) are getting consistently 16-17 in city and 22+ on highways.
Perhaps surfing around SIAM website can help you collect some information?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice thread 350Z! Will be largely helpful to people who are keen to know the fuel-efficiency of the car they're about to buy. However, I feel that the decision of buying shouldn't rest solely on a car's fuel-economy. For me, a car doesn't cut it only if it's fuel-efficient and not comfy or good to look at (Case in point-Nissan Micra. Extremely fuel-efficient, but just look at it! [pig] )

Yupp the price is really high. I guess it's a CBU.
The OTR price is nearly 17L. I heard that the Bravo will hit the road soon and it will also be a CBU.

Thread stuck! And Yes, The mighty mouse returns generous fuel economy of 22.20 Kpl if we go by the tests performed by SIAM and I guess it’s the light weight advantage which helps the 500, though we hope price was equally lighter too!

Drive Safe,
350Z

These figures indicate the maximum fuel efficiency you could get from the car.Ofcourse in reality you may not achieve such figures.
Beat's ARAI FE is 18.XX Kmpl.
Spoke to a couple of people, they are getting approx 14-15 in city with 100% AC on.
My beat is giving around 10 kmpl in city with 50% AC on!
The car is driven by the driver all day long, maybe his driving style is such that the car is not giving a desired efficiency.It has done 3000+ km.Hopefully after 2nd service things would improve.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Yupp the price is really high. I guess it's a CBU.
The OTR price is nearly 17L. I heard that the Bravo will hit the road soon and it will also be a CBU.
Yes, it comes through the CBU route and no updates about the Bravo yet.

Drive Safe,
350Z

great compliation. but cars keeps coming and going so please keep updating this because its very useful!!

Toyota Innova is available in Petrol and so the Mitsubishi Outlander and Honda CR-V.

Drive Safe,
350Z
buddy, i dint say none of the SUVs/MUVs are available in petrol.

i meant 99% of the SUVs/MUVs on indian roads are diesels (unlike thailand as it was referred to archit!).

Is it still in production? I thought it was discontinued.
innova is available in diesel, petrol & CNG.

Great thread and Diesels rule when it comes to Fuel economy![evil] Nice to see both my cars in that list , but personally i have achieved more mileage than what they have suggested for both my cars. They have said 13.93kmpl for my Safari but i have achieved 14.5kmpl and for my Verna they have mentioned 19.92kmpl but i have got ~21kmpl!

If i am right even Safari was introduced in Petrol but later discontinued as the response was poor. Hope i am right!

Top Bottom