Monthly Commercial Vehicle Sales in India

TATA MOTORS sold 48,680 units of CV

The company's sales of commercial vehicles in September 2012 in the domestic market were 48,680 nos., a 5% growth, compared to 46,247 vehicles, sold in September last year. LCV sales were 33,393 nos., a growth of 19%, compared to 28,092 vehicles sold in September last year. M&HCV sales stood at 15,287 nos., lower by 16%, compared to 18,155 vehicles sold in September last year.

Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 251,507 nos., a growth of 3% over last year. Cumulative LCV sales are 173,810 nos., a growth of 18% over last year, while M&HCV sales stood at 77,697 nos., lower by 19%, over last year.

TATA MOTORS September sales figures

The company’s sales of commercial vehicles in October 2012 in the domestic market were 47,026 nos., a 21% growth, compared to 38,713 vehicles, sold in October last year. LCV sales were 34,905 nos., a growth of 59%, compared to 21,890 vehicles sold in October last year. M&HCV sales stood at 12,121 nos., lower by 28%, compared to 16,823 vehicles sold in October last year.

Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal were 298,532 nos., a growth of 6% over last year. Cumulative LCV sales were 208,715 nos., a growth of 24% over last year, while M&HCV sales stood at 89,817 nos., lower by 21%, over last year

VE Commercial Vehicle sales dip 6 per cent in October

Auto maker VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) today reported a 6.18 per cent decline in total sales at 3,945 units in October.

The company, which is a joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher MotorsBSE 1.57 %, had sold 4,205 units in the same month last year.

Domestic sales stood at 3,830 units in October against 4,135 units in the year-ago period, down 7.37 per cent, VECV said in a statement.

VE Commercial Vehicle sales dip 6 per cent in October - The Economic Times

Thread Starter #35
In my locality Mahindra Maximo pick-up seems to have found the love of local transporters as I can see alot of these on the roads.Really a worthy rival to the ubiquitous Ace.However,the people mover version is still a rarity on the roads.Magic still rules that market with aplomb.Talking about AL,I haven't seen a single DOST till date.

The sales of The Magic IRIS and Ace Zip-seem to be slowly but steadily increasing in the South. Met a v happy owner of the Zip-claimed an actual mileage of 25kmpl and was v happy with the load it could carry and the driving characteristics and comforts-compared to similar 3 wheel alternatives.
I felt @ 2.75Lakh (OTR) was a tad expensive,but the owner seemed happy enough-was moonlighting a second job using this vehicle-[clap]

The sales of The Magic IRIS and Ace Zip-seem to be slowly but steadily increasing in the South. Met a v happy owner of the Zip-claimed an actual mileage of 25kmpl and was v happy with the load it could carry and the driving characteristics and comforts-compared to similar 3 wheel alternatives.
I felt @ 2.75Lakh (OTR) was a tad expensive,but the owner seemed happy enough-was moonlighting a second job using this vehicle-[clap]
In Kerala ace zip& magic is doing well. Super ace is gaining momentum. Ace HT always doing well. Mahindra maxximo sales seems decreasing. But Dost is roaring in its sales. Super ace is feeling the heat from Dost. Again the strategy of Tata motors is questionable. They had the Super ace ready much earlier but they launched it after Dost which spoilt the first mover advantage. Now regular ace needs a revamp.[;)]

I see lot of super aces these days, they have body colored bumpers, wheel caps, and just looks like the Venture, anybody with any updates on this? Xovy?

I see lot of super aces these days, they have body colored bumpers, wheel caps, and just looks like the Venture, anybody with any updates on this? Xovy?
The sales of super ace has picked up in the recent times especially here in bangalore, we can soon expect to see the facelifted version of the super ace which was displayed at the event which was organised to celebrate a millionth sale of ace brand

Thread Starter #40
The sales of super ace has picked up in the recent times especially here in bangalore, we can soon expect to see the facelifted version of the super ace which was displayed at the event which was organised to celebrate a millionth sale of ace brand
Surprise,surprise,I am also seeing plenty of Super Ace on the streets.It looks fabulous in my opinion.Best designed pick-up van me thinks.

@ Vishwas

TML are testing Venture cr4 is 100% certain,but when it'll make it to production,I can't say buddy.

But seeing your interest level in this product,TATA is seemingly missing a big opportunity I think.They better launch it soon with a'bags and ABS atleast optional in the top variant.

Last edited by a moderator:
TATA is seemingly missing a big opportunity I think.They better launch it soon with a'bags and ABS atleast optional in the top variant.
According to my sources who work in pantnagar plant the refreshed ace version with CR4 version will debut soon but don't expect ABS & AB as of now, it will be available only for the export market.

Thread Starter #42
Refreshed Ace will have 800 cc diesel motor,the same thing will power Nano in due course.But Venture/Super Ace will use 1.4 lt cr4 engine which is currently available in e-CS and eV2.

Super Ace will not get a refresh any time soon. It is a newer product. The ace we saw at the One millionth celebration is the replacement for regular ace ht.[:)]

VE Commercial Vehicle sales up 10% in November

Automaker VE Commercial Vehicles (VECV) today said reported a 9.76 per cent jump in its total sales at 3,565 units in November.

Tata Motor's November Sales figures

The company's sales of commercial vehicles in November 2012 in the domestic market were 44,323 nos., compared to 44,732 vehicles, sold in November last year. LCV sales were 34,828 nos., compared to 28,673 vehicles sold in November last year. M&HCV sales stood at 9,495 nos., compared to 16,064 vehicles sold in November last year.

Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal were 342,855 nos., over last year. Cumulative LCV sales were 243,543 nos., while M&HCV sales stood at 99,312 nos.

Top Bottom