Modifying My 15 Year Old Maruti 800 - Please Advice

350Z

Core Team
Vaibhav, with that much of limited budget, I’d rather consider refurbishing the car instead of spending on modifying it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
I mean refurbishing, i will extyend budget to 10k please tell what all i can do

Last edited by a moderator:
By modification you means exterior add ons right?
IMO get a decent set of wheel caps which will lighten your pocket by just 450-500bucks. The left amount can be used for exterior detailing like dent removal etc.

EDIT: So now when the budget has been increased, you may go for underbody neons, spoiler (if you wish to, though it doesnt suit this model).

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
actually i mean a mix of interior and exterior
Please start off with the body works first. Clean up those dents and scratches, replace the faded tail lamps and change tyres (if they’re on last legs of their cycle). How’s the car on mechanical-side, by the way? Is everything all right under the hood.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
yaar rest all is working good. tyres are good ...

1) can i replace the front and tail lamps with new maruti types? whats the cost ?
2) how much does the carper cost on which mats r put ?
3) tyre caps i will buy

350Z

Core Team
yaar rest all is working good. tyres are good ...
1) can i replace the front and tail lamps with new maruti types? whats the cost ?
Yes, but it will require an amount of effort to customize the body shape to fit in the new lamps. Yet, it’s important to note that perfection is not guaranteed. I recommend sticking with the originality of the car. You have a unique old model in your hands (Perhaps soon to be rare in future). Why do you wish to make it look like all other Marutis running on road? By the way, visit this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-twins-ss80dx-1984-maruthi-800-dx-1987-a.html). Another TAI member has done exactly what you are looking for.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
1st i will get the carpet chnaged its very torn n untidy. Plus i will chnage the wheel caps

What is that sticker on your windshield is it not too dangerous as it may impair the road visibility? Secondly get rid of the dents and paint those bumpers then go with tail light replacement and others and of course the floor carpeting too!.

Top Bottom